Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vince McMahon moving away from PG, WWE's product to get more edgy

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vince McMahon moving away from PG, WWE's product to get more edgy

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/vi...get-more-edgy/

“They were very aware that they had lost touch with the teenagers,” Meltzer said. “They were afraid of completely losing teenagers, especially when AEW starts. This is a direction they felt they had to go."

You can already see some changes in the product with Corey Graves yelling “holy sh**” during the opening segment. The segment with Mike and Maria Kanellis is something they wouldn’t have done before and on SmackDown Live, Kofi Kingston gestured at Samoa Joe with his middle finger.

Last month, during an interview with TalkSPORT, Mick Foley said that there were plans to get edgier during the third hour. It looks like that plan has changed and the entire show will be edgier. Here is what Foley said last month:

“The idea is that the third hour is going to get rougher, wilder, and more unpredictable,” Foley said. “When I was GM, I knew that people were breaking towards the SmackDown show because it was the darling of the Internet.”
    I'm fine with an edgier product, but that doesn't fix anything on its own. The real problem is the lack of interesting characters and storylines.

2. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In Vince McMahon's current WWE they'll just show tits to overcome any storyline shortcomings.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Edgy doesn't always mean better. They have backstage issues that needs fixing first.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Doesn't stuff like this happen every 6 months or so and there's dozens of reports about "PG being dead"? Then things just go back to normal after a few weeks.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Allegedly, WWE is also concerned with loosing the teenage audience to AEW and it's one reason they're moving towards a more edgier content.

If Vince McMahon steps back and actually will allow Heyman and Bischoff to actually do their job and not be glorified middle men running between Vince and the writing team, which is generally what Triple H has been, then there's all kinds of potential for a LOT of issues to be fixed. For instance, a big issue I've had is Vince not doing nearly enough to protect most of his champions by having them lose numerous non-title matches to someone then beating them in title matches, the whole 50/50 booking thing, as it hurts the champion. Having a champ lose in that way is fine every once in a while but we tend to see that go down at least once or twice a month for various championships. If you treat being a champion like it doesn't mean anything, then the fans aren't going to care either and there goes a cornerstone of your bigger matches.

If "edgier" also means lightening up on the scripted promos and not going back to nonsense like bra & panty matches, then I'm all for it. A little edgier content is fine, I just hope it doesn't become gratuitous and is being done just for the sake of doing it. I also have no problem with a little controversy being injected into things, such as maybe using race relations to reform a Nation of Domination type of faction comprised of wrestlers of racial minorities. Why? Well, it can make for good television and might even result in people having a conversation about it.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I honestly think 75% of the WWE's current issues with no interesting characters or stories can be fixed by doing away with scripted promos. The wrestlers don't sound serious or sincere these days. As a result nobody buys into their character or the program they're working. I used to believe every word that came out of Stone Cold's mouth. When the Rock said he was going to shine something up real nice, turn that sum bitch sideways and stick it straight up someone's candy ass; I believed him. I didn't know how he was going to do it but damn it I believed he could and would. These days, I really don't care what the wrestlers have to say. Remember back in the day when you literally couldn't miss the first 20 min of Raw. You were ok if you missed parts of the rest of the show, but damn it that first 20 min was must see tv and it hooked audiences for the rest of the show. They don't do that anymore. It's all because their characters suck and that's because they have nothing interesting to say. The best promos in recent years have been when the wrestlers have been able to shoot from the hip. Cena vs Reigns is a great example. CM Punk in a lot of his promos is another and I could on.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They were afraid of completely losing teenagers, especially when AEW starts. This is a direction they felt they had to go."
    Dumb question, are teenagers a target demographic for WWE?
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    WWE has turned into a stunt show. It's just people doing moves and giving boring, repetitive promos. Simple critique, I know, but that's how I feel. Newsflash - it's fake! I need characters and excitement to keep me interested. I cannot watch scripted matches with predetermined results and find it interesting. "Holy shit, did you see Mr. XYZ's new move!" Couldn't care less.

And guess who we have to blame? Us! The internet wrestling community! "Nothing is fresh, everything is bland, they move too slow in the ring!" Great. So now, it moves at 100,000 MPH and no longer has any meaning. Careful what you wish for, spotfest fans.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't see them moving away completely from the PG era, they might move to Pg-13 as this is what most entertainment companies are moving towards theses day and it's also the most marketable rating demographic in the world. The thing is that while we still see them as a wrestling company, they don't see themselves as that. They see themselves as a entertainment company like Disney is and with that idea in mind, they need to keep the shareholders and sponsors happy and these people really don't care about the in ring product, all they care about is how much money is coming in the company. So WWE will do what they always do and that'S trying to please everybody with a product that can be enjoyed by everybody, that's where the pg-13 stuff comes in. That way, you can still have a product that's good for kids while at the same time be a little bit edgy so that teens and adults find your product cool again.

They know that no matter what, they still have their hardcore fanbase that won't leave them no matter what, fans like me that been watching them for 20,30 years are not going to stop watching them no matter how bad the product his because we lived through a lot of shitty stuff throughout are fandom but they also need to get newer fans to choose them over every other options that the entertainment industry is giving them, so i edgier product help a little bit.

17. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Banned

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    seo , <a href=http://seoprofisional.ru/bazy/bazi/b?azamiks12>±°· » µ°|±°·° » µ° °°</a>
    pokras7777

fhdxxxxxd

Thread Information