Thread: Booker T says Matt Riddle "needs a lot of work"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Booker T says Matt Riddle "needs a lot of work"

Booker T recently spoke about Matt Riddle's wrestling ability and isn't a fan.

"I was listening to Matt Riddle talk about Goldberg. I got a chance to watch Matt Riddle work. This guy needs a lot of work. You talk about somebody that needs to work on their craft? This Matt Riddle needs to work on his craft and that's coming from Booker T.

I wish Matt Riddle would come down to my school and get a first class wrestling 101 training. Before Matt Riddle starts talking about anybody, Matt Riddle needs to work on his game and work on it very hard and that's coming from a Hall of Famer. That's coming from one of the best in the business."

Matt Riddle can say whatever he wants to say about Booker T, but I was top 5 in the world. I hovered somewhere in that top five echelon. Was I number one? I don't know. I can't answer that question, but I knew I was good. I was real good, and some nights I was perfect. Hey Matt Riddle, work on your game kid. That's coming from the five-time champ.
    I'm not sure what Booker's talking about. From what I've seen of Riddle, he's a great wrestler. My only concern is that his character may not translate to the main roster.

Also was Booker ever Top 5 in the world? He was pretty far up there, but that seems like a stretch.

2. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He was top 5 on Smackdown in May '04.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    I think Booker's talking out of anger here rather than any sort of legit criticism of Riddle's ability. He and Goldberg, if I'm not mistaken, are fairly tight and Booker is also one of these guys who gets irked whenever some young guy who isn't a mega star goes after older guys who were. Booker's sensitive about that as several people, including the Young Bucks in the past, have done the same thing to him.

Riddle's bro character isn't the most dynamic in the world, but it does seem to be pretty much along the lines of who he is. It has an authenticity about it if nothing else. As far as his in-ring work goes, nothing Goldberg has ever conceived of doing has ever approached the same galaxy as Matt Riddle. To me, Goldberg is, was and always will be an overhyped, overrated joke who became a star due to unrivaled mastery of Bischoff hiding his many shortcomings.

Hell, if nothing else, at least Riddle can claim he hasn't almost knocked himself out by slamming his head into a door as part of his ritual of psyching himself up. Millions of people saw Goldberg do that live and in color n an episode of Raw a few years back.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd rather be Goldberg than Matt Riddle.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Booker T is so full of himself it isn't even funny. How about he works on that giant ego of his? Riddle is fine in the ring, ol dumb ass needs a better pair of glasses.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    i get why Booker would say what he said about Riddle. A lot of the Indy guys especially those that have a lot of success on the indy scene believe they are big stars and coast on that success. Then they get sign by WWE for the NXT brand and since they are stars on the indies, NXT let them a lot of leeway as far as training is concern. From what i saw of Riddle, he's a really good wrestlers, the gimmick would worked better as a heel and that's where Booker's comments comes in.

Riddle's gimmick worked for the indies crowd but it's not going to work for a mainstream audience. That's where he need work on because right now, he's just a knock off version of RVD. Plus the fact that Riddle think that he better then guys like Goldberg, Lesnar and Even Booker T himself is a problem as well as He think because he was able to be a big draw on the indy scene, that he on the same level as these guys. Riddle isn't a draw and he still need to work on his attitude or he will not last long in WWE, just ask lio rush, That's another point he need to work on. The guy need to respect guys that pave the way so that he able to jump from MMA to Wrestling.

Riddle as all of the tool to be a big star but has a lot of work to do on his attitude toward wrestling and on character work because this gimmick is really indy looking and won't work on the main roster.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't even know who Matt Riddle is.

Thread Information