Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Music Discussion

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I love any and everything 80s with a small bit of early 90s country.

It's what i grew up and i still love it to this day.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of my favorite songs. Nonpoint "Alive and Kicking"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mainly listen to rock music and all that entails. Going to see At The Drive-In next week which should be brilliant. TheyĆ¢??re supported by Death From Above which is a nice bonus

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Started listening to Light The Torch the band with Howard Jones who used to be in Killswitch Engage. It's really good. If you're into Howard era Killswitch give it a listen

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So Judas Priest just released their new album called Firepower...and I've been hearing it's their best album since Painkiller.

I don't think they're wrong.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well let's see.

1. Hip Hop - Started listening to hip hop when I was in the 3rd grade. MTV Jams opened my eyes to the genre and it's been a love affair since then. I'm mostly in that 90's to early 2000 hip hop but I have gone down the rabbit hole for all different types of rap. Kind of fancy myself as a hip hop historian/connoisseur.

2. Metal - FUCKING SLAYER. But nah really I could list off more subgenres of metal than what really needs to exist. I got into the punk rock and metal scene in high school with my crew of friends, everything from black metal, thrash, doom, opera metal, djent, and just about every subgenre in between. My moshing days are over, but I still go to local metal shows when they're going on.

3. Hardcore/Screamo/etc. - Not quite as heavy as metal, but still some outstanding bands out there that I really enjoy to this day. Saosin, Circa Survive, Beloved, Underoath, Anberlin, Dead Poetic, Pg. 99, Saetia, I could keep listing bands for days.

4. EDM - I enjoy certain genres of EDM. Usually Trap is the one I listen to the most. I'm not a die hard in this genre, there's a good amount of songs that got stellar beats that hit hard on the system.

5. R&B - Kind of goes with hip hop above, but I do enjoy some sultry vocals over a smooth bassline.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Burna View Post
    Well let's see.

1. Hip Hop - Started listening to hip hop when I was in the 3rd grade. MTV Jams opened my eyes to the genre and it's been a love affair since then. I'm mostly in that 90's to early 2000 hip hop but I have gone down the rabbit hole for all different types of rap. Kind of fancy myself as a hip hop historian/connoisseur.

2. Metal - FUCKING SLAYER. But nah really I could list off more subgenres of metal than what really needs to exist. I got into the punk rock and metal scene in high school with my crew of friends, everything from black metal, thrash, doom, opera metal, djent, and just about every subgenre in between. My moshing days are over, but I still go to local metal shows when they're going on.

3. Hardcore/Screamo/etc. - Not quite as heavy as metal, but still some outstanding bands out there that I really enjoy to this day. Saosin, Circa Survive, Beloved, Underoath, Anberlin, Dead Poetic, Pg. 99, Saetia, I could keep listing bands for days.

4. EDM - I enjoy certain genres of EDM. Usually Trap is the one I listen to the most. I'm not a die hard in this genre, there's a good amount of songs that got stellar beats that hit hard on the system.

5. R&B - Kind of goes with hip hop above, but I do enjoy some sultry vocals over a smooth bassline.
    You know, I am surprised by some of those bands listed along with number three. When I was a teenager, Circa Survive was one of my jams. Anthony Green, the talent of that ma. I think it speaks volumes that once he left Saosin to form Circa, Saosin sort of turned into another run of the mill screamo band.

I was never big into straight screaming myself, aside from Alexisonfire, but I listened to a lot of stuff most people would consider post-hardcore. Fall of Troy, Glassjaw, Thursday, Senses Fail, At the Drive-In.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    You know, I am surprised by some of those bands listed along with number three. When I was a teenager, Circa Survive was one of my jams. Anthony Green, the talent of that ma. I think it speaks volumes that once he left Saosin to form Circa, Saosin sort of turned into another run of the mill screamo band.

I was never big into straight screaming myself, aside from Alexisonfire, but I listened to a lot of stuff most people would consider post-hardcore. Fall of Troy, Glassjaw, Thursday, Senses Fail, At the Drive-In.
    Funny you mention that, Anthony Green is back with Saosin and they actually released a new album back in 2016. I found that out like a month ago, somehow I completely missed that news. As for the bands I listed, I honestly have probably forgotten more bands that I had in my collection than I remember anymore. One group I was really big on too was Hopesfall as well as Poison the Well.

Strictly screaming vocals I'm still cool with. When you listen to the heavier metal like I do, screaming/growling just comes second nature anymore. I will fully admit to being a complete sucker for clean female vocals.

9. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What hip-hop are you listening to these days, Ty?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    What hip-hop are you listening to these days, Ty?
    Usually my tried and true playlist, but I've been really getting into Freddie Gibbs lately. I know I'm a few years late for that party, but god damn the dude's good. Big K.R.I.T. is heavy on the regular rotation as well. Kendrick because of course. Dave East is one that's getting slept on a bit. He's a Nas protege and he's got some stellar tracks.

Not much new shit unfortunately. I've poured through Spotify's music discovery shit and all these mumble rappers all sound the god damn same. Future may be the only mumble rapper I can stand. All their beats sound the god damn same too, slow as fuck and only really focusing on the bass. Like after a session of trying to listen to this new blood I gotta go throw some Mac Dre on just to bring my levels back up. I'll take a Lil Wayne track over them at this point. And you know my dislike for Wayne runs fairly deep.

12. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Thread Information