Thread: Back To Basics With Strowman?

Back To Basics With Strowman?

There are some rumors going about that Strowman is one of the guys that Paul Heyman has his sights on and that he wants to take Strowman back to his roots. Strowman became hot by essentially being this badass monster that went around terrorizing everybody, destroying everything and just generally becoming THE monster in pro wrestling over the past few years. Rumor has it that's what Paul Heyman wants to get back to in order to set Strowman up as a main event player and threat, possibly for Seth Rollins' Universal Championship at SummerSlam.

Braun Strowman is another one of these really hot talents who's found himself on the receiving end of some extremely questionable booking decisions. Until Vince started jobbing him out to Brock Lesnar, Strowman was arguably the hottest thing on the main roster and I've never really heard any sort of definitive reason why. There were rumors and stories going about alleging that Strowman was essentially getting in his own way by doing something, saying something, behaving a certain way or what have you backstage that brought heat down on his head. I don't recall reading anything specific, only that he repeatedly broke "backstage etiquette", whatever that means. I don't know if he was bringing guests at certain times backstage without permission, telling offensive jokes, was just being loud and obnoxious or what. Given that he looked to be on the fast track to being Universal Champion up until about this time last year before being demoted down to losing to Lesnar repeatedly and having programs with Sami Zayn, Baron Corbin and Bobby Lashley, having heat is the only thing that makes sense.

I'm all for going back to making Strowman a rampaging monster again. He's still dominant but, in my eyes, he's consistently portrayed as being too dominant for someone that's been stuck in a holding pattern for so long.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I really don't get how you fuck up a guy like Strowman in the first place. He was over for two reasons. Invulnerability and superhuman strength. They literally took both of those things away. I know Braun the real person was actually hurt, but I'm supposed to believe that a dude who flipped an 18 wheeler with his bare hands got his forearm shattered by Baron Corbin's dreaded Steel Steps Attack? Put that on the pile of Braun losing when it Matters and you've taken away everything that made us pop for Braun in the first place.

If anyone can do it, Heyman can.

Thread Information