Thread: I've finally watched The Office, and it's my favorite show ever

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've finally watched The Office, and it's my favorite show ever

I've seen every episode from Pilot to Goodbye, Michael. I plan on watching the rest of the series, but I'm not worried about being spoiled.

I could write a book on why I love this show so much. The best episodes are some of the best I've ever seen, and no episode is even close to bad, at least not yet. I can't believe Steve Carell or Rainn Wilson never won an Emmy.

2. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Welcome aboard! Temper your expectations of the rest of the series. There are some gems but it's nowhere near as special a show without Michael.

His departure though, *muah*, pitch-perfect episode.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Late to the party champ, but all is good. I won't spoil the rest for you but it stays dope for the rest of the series.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've seen every episode from Pilot to Goodbye, Michael. I plan on watching the rest of the series, but I'm not worried about being spoiled.

I could write a book on why I love this show so much. The best episodes are some of the best I've ever seen, and no episode is even close to bad, at least not yet. I can't believe Steve Carell or Rainn Wilson never won an Emmy.
    Season 8 with James Spader is incredible. You'll probably not like it the first time you watch it, but watch the season multiple times and you'll really start to appreciate the dimension Spader brings. Season 9 is decent, but pales in comparison to the rest of the show.

Also, if you've only watched the show once, start it all over again when you're finished. You'll be able to go through the show three or four times before you come close to catching everything.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm in the middle of Season 8, and although the show isn't quite as good without Michael, it's still very good. The cold opens are some of the best. I love Andy as manager. Dwight is pure gold as always. I agree with Sly, Robert adds an interesting dynamic.

Unfortunately I have one complaint, my first of the entire series, I hate the new Kevin. His lines are painfully lazy and unfunny.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I finished the rest of Season 8, and I'm taking a break from the series for a while. Overall Season 8 wasn't bad, but there's a very clear dropoff in the second half of the season, mostly due to ruining Andy's character, which was by far the worst part of the show.

My final thoughts from my first time watching The Office:

- Seasons 1-7 are perfect. All 152 episodes range from 8-10/10.
    - Michael and Dwight are pure gold and deserved multiple Emmy awards.
    - Jim and Pam's relationship is the best ever.
    - Season 2 is the best season of any show ever.
    - Goodbye, Toby is a perfect season finale.
    - I'm a WAY bigger fan of Andy than most, and at times (mostly season 8 until he's no longer manager) he was my favorite character.
    - The scene where Michael and Jim are helping Dwight be less hostile on sales calls (the one featuring the founding family of this country, the Buttlickers) is the hardest I've ever laughed at a TV show.
    - Every line of Creed's was gold.
    - Dwight's fire drill is the best scene of any TV show.

I think it's safe to say I like The Office lol.
    Last edited by BestSportsEntertainer; 07-19-2020 at 02:31 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm in the middle of Season 8, and although the show isn't quite as good without Michael, it's still very good. The cold opens are some of the best. I love Andy as manager. Dwight is pure gold as always. I agree with Sly, Robert adds an interesting dynamic.

Unfortunately I have one complaint, my first of the entire series, I hate the new Kevin. His lines are painfully lazy and unfunny.
    Kevin has some good moments in Season 9.

I finished the rest of Season 8, and I'm taking a break from the series for a while. Overall Season 8 wasn't bad, but there's a very clear dropoff in the second half of the season, mostly due to ruining Andy's character, which was by far the worst part of the show.

My final thoughts from my first time watching The Office:

1 Seasons 1-7 are perfect. All 152 episodes range from 8-10/10.
    2 Michael and Dwight are pure gold and deserved multiple Emmy awards.
    3 Jim and Pam's relationship is the best ever.
    4 Season 2 is the best season of any show ever.
    5 Goodbye, Toby is a perfect season finale.
    6 I'm a WAY bigger fan of Andy than most, and at times (mostly season 8 until he's no longer manager) he was my favorite character.
    7 The scene where Michael and Jim are helping Dwight be less hostile on sales calls (the one featuring the founding family of this country, the Buttlickers) is the hardest I've ever laughed at a TV show.
    8 Every line of Creed's was gold.
    9 Dwight's fire drill is the best scene of any TV show.

10 I think it's safe to say I like The Office lol.
    1) Each season has it ups and downs. For example, the run of episodes in Season 5 where Michael starts his own paper company is probably my favorite set of episodes in the series.
    2) Agreed.
    3) Meh...the buildup to their relationship is good. But PB&J gets to be lame after they start dating. Which is realistic, I suppose, but bland. Also, Jim is arguably the worst person in the entire show. I could write a paper on how terrible of a person Jim is.
    4) I'm not sure if it's even the best season of the show.
    5) "Suck on this!"
    6) His character is hit or miss with me. I do enjoy the episodes where he and Dwight interact. But yeah, he's pretty lame in season 8 and gets worse in season 9
    7) The cold open when Dwight tries to teach fire safety by lighting trash on fire in a trash pail and everyone freaks out is the hardest I've laughed at the show.
    8) I've said this forever...Creed is an absolute treasure.
    9) See #7. They also use that scene (and the scene later in the episode with the CPR/First Aid), from what I understand, in safety training classes.

10) I've seen it more times than I can count and still enjoy it. If you really like it, you should check out "The Office Ladies" podcast, where Jenna Fischer (Pam) and Angela Kinsey (Angela) take an episode of the Office and do an episode of a podcast on it, starting with episode 1 and going in order. You get to hear some of the things which went into the episode. Some episodes are better than others, but I've regretted to listening to none of them.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Office is moving to NBC's streaming service.

Seems like a bad idea. Isn't each channel eventually having their own streaming service more or less cable?

I'm a big fan of Ricky Gervais, so I highly recommend looking up the (original) British version of The Office. It's kind of like if they took 5 seasons of the American version, and compressed all of its biggest plot points into a two season series. It ended somewhat abruptly when you consider the potential it had.

For the American version, it's absolutely hilarious in its own right. My favorite moment, and this goes for my favorite moment of a tv show in general, was Dwight's megadesk. I must have laughed uncontrollably for the next week over that. I've come back to office environments after long absences, only to find that coworkers had taken liberties with office equipment. One idiot arranged his cubicle with the copier/printer inside his walls. Megadesk was fantastic, and I'll never stop talking about "remember megadesk?" when a conversation turns to The Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information