Thread: SummerSlam 2019: WWE Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar (c) VS. Seth Rollins

SummerSlam 2019: WWE Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar (c) VS. Seth Rollins

Due to winning a cross branded battle royal on last night's episode of Raw, Rollins faces off against the Beast one more time in an attempt to regain the Universal Championship at SummerSlam.

I honestly have no idea where WWE is going with this and I'm not entirely sure Vince McMahon does yet either. Between now and SummerSlam, Vince may change his mind over and over again as to what he wants to have happen as he doesn't make decisions based on looking at the big picture in the long term all that much anymore. On one hand, we could very easily see Brock Lesnar once again have the title for who knows how long, only defending it at the biggest shows, usually, and Raw being without a legit main event scene. On the other hand, this could always be the possibility of giving Rollins a true, true definitive win over Brock Lesnar without any sort of low blow/kick to the crotch controversy.

I don't see Lesnar's run as champion being long this time around, I think he won the strap just so he'd be main eventing SummerSlam but I also don't see Rollins straight up beating him without some sort of aid. Not even John Cena during the mid to late 2000s has gotten the sort of protection that Lesnar has and Vince goes not just the extra mile, but the extra ten miles to protect him. From a creative standpoint, it's been a really rough year and a half for Raw and eliminating the Raw main event title scene for extended periods won't help things one bit. After SummerSlam, it's just slightly less than 2 months before SmackDown will debut on Fox and AEW's show on TNT will be along not too long after, and Raw will be weakened by having an absentee champion; so I hope Rollins regains the title at SummerSlam.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don’t care to see Lesnar as champion anymore. I like him a lot more than most, but he doesn’t need the title. Rollins wasn’t having the best reign, but there’s only so much he can do when his primary feud was Baron Corbin.

However since they put the title on Lesnar, Rollins is his best opponent. They’ve never had a proper match together, so maybe they finally will this time. It seems pointless to have Rollins win the title again so soon, but I really don’t want to see Lesnar as champion.

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is horse shit. We go a bit hoping Brock Lesnar won't have a strangle hold on the title only to have him constantly win it back. He needs to fuck off for good and maybe WWE won't suck so bad

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Surely nobody can be interested in this. Should've had a Dusty finish and just had a 4-Way. Throw Lashley in seeing as we'll probably never get a one-on-one match with he and Lesnar.

Thread Information