Thread: Daniel Bryan's Big Announcement

Daniel Bryan's Big Announcement

It was advertised that part of last night's SmackDown Live would include a career altering announcement from Daniel Bryan. The announcement was never made, though Bryan teased it a couple of times all while he was still selling being in a highly emotional state since dropping the SD Tag Team Championship to New Day at Extreme Rules. They'll get around to this announcement before long so I'm curious to know what you think it will be or what you would like it to be.

I've got no clue as to what it could be, though I think one of the more possible outcomes is breaking up with Rowan and/or announcing that he's heading to Raw after being part of the blue brand for several years. I think a remote possibility could be Bryan announcing he's going to be part of 205 Live and the Cruiserweight Division; in his post match interview at Extreme Rules, he talked about his failure to elevate the Tag Team Division from a bunch of clowns gyrating their hips and all that and it had me wondering if his next goal os to "elevate" the Cruiserweight Division.

I think it's highly unlikely but Bryan being part of 205 Live and still appearing on SmackDown Live could potentially help generate new interest in the Cruiserweight Division. Daniel Bryan is also someone that's shown he can deliver in just about any sort of role WWE's put him in over the years whether it's part of the mid-card, tag team or main event scene; considering that Bryan reportedly has "reasonable" creative input for himself, which we've seen him use to highly entertaining success since signing his new deal last year, I've little doubt that Bryan could make a stint in the Cruiserweight Division work if he's able to get WWE behind him. The division needs some fresh faces anyway when you get right down to it and there are any number of wrestlers who could be moved there. Sami Zayn looks to be left flapping in the breeze once again, so I see no problem putting him on 205 Live. After SummerSlam, there are reports that Finn Balor will be taking a few months off to recharge and rest up and I don't see Balor being in the main event title hunt anytime soon, he's someone who could also be of use to 205 Live when he returns.

At any rate, this may all turn out to be pretty much nothing more than typical wrestling hype though, as I said, Bryan's shown he has the ability to make just about everything work.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You don't go from WWE Champion, Tag Team Champion all the way to the basement in the Cruiserweight Division. I believe DB has an interest in cruiserweights as he was involved with the first CW tournament on commentary (wasn't he? Was I dreaming that?). But that is just a career flat tire in my opinion. I hope it's not that and something more interesting, like moving to Monday Night Raw.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    For some reason, I had this feeling that Bryan would start some kind of alliance to end KofiMania. I dunno why, just the presentation of the segment on Tuesday, the fact it involved two of Kofi's previous adversaries (Bryan and Joe) and his next challenger (Orton). It sounded like a sound idea for Bryan to recruit an evil army to take New Day's gold off them and stop them running rampant on SmackDown, especially now that Brock's cashed in. Only issue with that is that it's not "career altering"...

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information