Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Future Of SmackDown And POSSIBLE Future of NXT

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milenko View Post
    The fact NXT is on the Network is really the only thing going for it.

On the Network they (and correct me if i'm wrong) don't have to answer to sponsors or anything like that which lets the performers do what they do best. If it's put on TV then that changes and NxT as a whole changes gor the worse.

If you want these guys to have a better shot on the main roster then 2 things needs to happen.

1) they need to be given a sustainable gimmick

2) they actually need to be introduced properly instead of shoved out to the ring with a shit gimmick
    I would also had, don't come in with the attitude that fans that watch Raw and Smackdown also Watch NXT so they know all theses performers.

I watch Raw and Smackdown every week but i stop watching NXT about a year ago because i was tired of seeing Johnny Gargano getting a giant push to the top when i knew that the best i could get if he gets called up is either being put in a tag team with ciampa(which would be a not help Ciampa since he deserve better then that) or being called up to 205 live.

So if i'm judging from what i saw prior to stopping watching NXT, i take a guy like Velveteen Dream, I Love the guy, he seemed like a great performer that's a quick learner and as a lot of charisma, The gimmick he has right now will be his downfall on the main because it's way too cartoonish for what the main product is trying to portrait right now and will be stuck with the No Way Jose of the world on the lower mid card. Also, their another problem with NXT,

The Indy guys don't need to modify anything from what they were doing on the indies. For Them NXT should be a way to fine tune their game and Fix the problem in their game by getting rid of that indy mentality they have and getting better in the area's they are the weakest. Again let take Johnny Gargano as a example. Great wrestler, nothing again that, but at the same time you look as his match, it'S way too overbooked for his own good and he got the charisma of a door knob, so for somebody that doesn'T know who he his, you could introduce him the best way you want to the audience, he's still not going to hook you when he's in the ring because he didn't work on that aspect of his game since he'S over with the indy crowd that watch NXT and go to the NXT tapings and takeover.

So that's on the people in charge to make sure these guys are ready in all aspect before sending them on Raw or Smackdown. You look at a guy like apollo Crews, same as Johnny gargano in that he's a great wrestler but needed a lot of training in promo's and showing personality and look what happened to him, he got called up to quickly and he bombed mostly because he couldn't connect with the crowd. Like i always said, it's easy to get over in NXT because of the type of crowds that goes to NXT events, It's the same type of crowd that goes to AEW,ROH New Japan and other indy shows, it'S another thing to get over with a WWE crowd because you have too many different type of fans in the crowd and you have to get over with each and every one of these different group and that's the biggest problem with NXT right now, it's that it's not a easily accessible product that his done for the WWE fans, it's done for the hardcore fans and if you move it the product to TV, they will have to adapt the product to fit the WWE audience instead of just the Hardcore wrestling fanbase.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Come on KB! The bot needs to contact an admin!

Thread Information