Thread: Seth Rollins on why it's cool to hate WWE

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seth Rollins on why it's cool to hate WWE

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/se...s-to-hate-wwe/

Weâ??re the New York Yankees. Itâ??s easy to hate the New England Patriots. Weâ??re those teams. Weâ??re the dynasty. Itâ??s easy to hate us, but weâ??re still the most popular company in the world at what we do. Weâ??re so far beyond being a wrestling company that itâ??s very easy to point the finger and hate on us. Thatâ??s the cool thing to do. It makes perfect sense to me. Itâ??s how itâ??s always been in sports and entertainment. You always hate the big guy. Itâ??s fine. Iâ??m not upset about it at all.

I just want people to understand and appreciate the things we go through and the fact that weâ??re always trying to do our best. Nobody is taking it easy. Nobody is just getting by. Everybody from top to bottom, every department in the entire company is putting in as much work as they possibly can to make this the best.
    Fans can definitely be unreasonable at times, but I feel a lot of WWE's hate is justified due to how bad the product can be at times and how much wrestlers are being wasted.

2. Likes Jack-Hammer, #AbsoluteUnit liked this post
    It's true. Even during times when Raw and SmackDown have been great creatively, even when there were times in which half the wrestling world wasn't signed to WWE only to keep them from signing with someone else, you'd still have as m any complaints about WWE. That's not to say that some complaints aren't justified but there are a LOT of fans who demand an unattainable level of perfection that nobody is capable of giving and they gripe when they don't get it.

Personally, I don't want perfection because I know there's no such thing. I do feel that there are a LOT of little things here and there, along with a few big things here and there, that can be fixed in order to give a better product than what we've gotten on Raw, and sometimes SmackDown but almost certainly Raw, for most of the last year and a half. For instance, I think the overly scripted promos need to go and WWE needs to try going back to a more organic, natural and certainly less corporately structured way of wrestlers getting over. truly give them opportunities to stand or fall based more on their own merits. Protect your champions, don't have them lose non-title matches left and right and certainly cut back on having them lose as a means of an opponent earning a future title match, have them earn title matches by defeating other potential challengers lthe way they did it once upon a time. However, even if we go back to a time where there are at least a couple of PPV worthy, even MOTY contenders every so often, on Raw and SmackDown, even if WWE did away altogether with scripted promos and/or just allowed the stars to go out there and use their own words, like Kevin Owens is reportedly doing, even if we never see Baron Corbin approach the main event again and even if WWE were to release 20 or 30 stars rather than just keeping them for the sake of making sure they don't work somewhere else, you'll still have just about the same number of fans complain about something even if it's just nitpicking or if it's just something they pull out of their asses. Why? Because they can. It's the age of social media and trolling is America's new national pastime regardless of the subject.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Could be the greatest show on the planet, people on the internet will still complain. Itâ??s as predictable and boring as anything. Iâ??m not going to say wrestling fans are the worst, but theyâ??re pretty awful. I guarantee thereâ??s posters on here that still think Reignsâ??s cancer was fake. I could go find some old archived threads at another site where the OP claimed WWE kept DB out as a way to get Reigns over.

There are three certainties in life: death, taxes and people on the internet acting stupid.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    I guarantee thereâ??s posters on here that still think Reignsâ??s cancer was fake.
    While I could always be proven wrong I think this site is pretty free from Roman-Truthers.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If The Internet was as big as it is during the attitude era, they're would have been as many people that complained about WWE and WCW as they are today. That'S the reality of Society as a whole. You always complain about those in the top position. Let's just say that AEW is able to get near the same level as WWE in let's say 10 years, Fans will Complain as much about the AEW product as they do about WWE.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hatred and criticism are not interchangeable words.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    Hatred and criticism are not interchangeable words.
    Absolutely, but while there is fair criticism out there, you have to sift through a lot of people being negative for negativity's sake. Lost along with fair criticism, many can't even differentiate between subjective tastes and objective facts.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I follow you smark. My gripe isn't specifically on the supposed audience the interview asks about.

For me it seems like a loaded question. What other answer could Seth give when asked that? It's the wording of a sports journalist that irks me I guess.

That and I can't tell if a few posters in this thread are just being hypocritical or are really too dense to see their own negativity in question.

Thread Information