Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: RAW: 7/29

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Overall great episode of Raw.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Monday Night Raw
    Date: July 29, 2019
    Commentators: Michael Cole, Renee Young, Corey Graves

The rapid fire build to Summerslam can build tonight as we have less than two weeks to go before the show. A lot of the matches have already been set, but there are several more to go and the ones that already exist need some more time to really be ready. The shows have been somewhat better as of late so hopefully the trend can continue. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Something Old Something New

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That empty arena training schtick, did they not do the exact same bit a year or so ago with Charlotte and Becky Lynch / Sasha Banks?
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Definitely the best episode of Raw in quite some time. Solid SummerSlam build, some good wrestling action, nothing overstaying its welcome, no Baron Corbin or Shane McMahon in sight, a great beatdown segment with Rollins and Lesnar, new Raw Tag Team Champions with the O.C. claiming the titles, a 24/7 Champion who happens to be preggers, solid build for the Raw Women's Championship bout, nice little chaotic brawl to end the show with. Even though the show didn't drag, I kept thinking that tonight's show would've been just about the perfect wrestling TV program if it'd been a hour shorter. Still, the strongest episode of Raw in a very long time.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    Definitely the best episode of Raw in quite some time. Solid SummerSlam build, some good wrestling action, nothing overstaying its welcome, no Baron Corbin or Shane McMahon in sight, a great beatdown segment with Rollins and Lesnar, new Raw Tag Team Champions with the O.C. claiming the titles, a 24/7 Champion who happens to be preggers, solid build for the Raw Women's Championship bout, nice little chaotic brawl to end the show with. Even though the show didn't drag, I kept thinking that tonight's show would've been just about the perfect wrestling TV program if it'd been a hour shorter. Still, the strongest episode of Raw in a very long time.
    I wonder how much of this is due to Paul Heyman. The show has been far from perfect, but aside from his 2nd week, it's been noticeably better since he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    I wonder how much of this is due to Paul Heyman. The show has been far from perfect, but aside from his 2nd week, it's been noticeably better since he took over.
    Reportedly, this was Heyman's most heavily influenced show yet and it's gotten a lot of positive feedback among fans, writers, wrestlers, etc..

Of course, there's only so much that can be done when you get right down to it considering Vince is still the one in charge. For example, Vince has allegedly changed the main event of tonight's SD Live episode twice over the course of today and has had the entire show re-written.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    Reportedly, this was Heyman's most heavily influenced show yet and it's gotten a lot of positive feedback among fans, writers, wrestlers, etc..

Of course, there's only so much that can be done when you get right down to it considering Vince is still the one in charge. For example, Vince has allegedly changed the main event of tonight's SD Live episode twice over the course of today and has had the entire show re-written.
    If ShaneĆ¢??s opening promo holds true, then he did a good job at at least one thing. WeĆ¢??ll see though.

Thread Information