Thread: MD 162: Garth Black vs Matt Tastic

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

MD 162: Garth Black vs Matt Tastic

Meltdown will kick off from Havana, Cuba with a match between two of WZCW's best. Hall of Famer Matt Tastic has fallen on rough times lately and has struggled to pick up a win for a few weeks. Opposite him will be Garth Black, who was considered a dark horse in the Lethal Lottery but failed to meet expectations. He then faced the luck of the draw in Vegas and lost his EurAsian Title in a street fight. Both men don't figure to be down for long, but a win will certainly kick start the return to their feet.

Deadline is Tuesday, August 13th, 11:59 PM EST

No extensions will be given this round.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Becky Serra sits at her desk in the WZCW Headquarters. A knock is heard at the door.

Becky: Come in!

A pause before Garth Black enters with trepidation.

Black: You wanted to talk to me?

Becky looked up and down at the former Eurasian Champion.

Becky: Yes, I did. Take a seat.

Garth sat down, his shoulders slumped as he sunk into the chair. He wasn't in the mood for a deep and meaningful. He wasn't in the mood for anything. He had lost his title precisely as he had defended it; meekly. He didn't know what Becky wanted, but he wouldn't have been brought in if there wasn't an issue.

Black: Have I done something wrong?

Becky: No, you haven't. But I'm afraid I have some bad news.

There was a solemnity and gravity in her voice that Black had never really heard before. He wasn't sure anyone had really heard it before.

Black: Oh?

Black began to perspire a little. So much had happened to him over the years that he couldn't really imagine what news could be delivered that would upset Becky as much as this had.

Becky: As you know, you recently underwent the usual annual medical. We've received the blood tests back, and there is an anomaly with your results.

Black: An anomaly? What does that mean?

Becky: It's an abnormality, they can't give us any more specifics. Have you felt lethargic lately?

Black: Obviously, you must have seen my matches. Lacklustre. My conversations the same, I just am so stuck in a rut and I thought the title would boost me out of it, but it didn't. No avail.

Becky: You're going to need to go for more tests.

Black: And in the meantime? Can I wrestle?

Becky: You can, but I'm not risking you with a rookie until we get to the bottom of this. You'll have Tastic this week, and then we'll see from there.

Black: Sure, I'm sure it'll be an interesting challenge.

Black moved to leave.

Black: Thanks Becky, I need to get to the bottom of this.

Becky: Look after yourself.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    'So yeah, it's settled. After Kingdom Come........ I kinda have nothing to do. Any ideas?'

'Have you tried a school?'

'God, I hope you mean a Spanish school at WZCW HQ'.

'That's not a bad idea, actually.'

'Yeah, but WZCW doesn't really trust me with students lately.'

'Why? You turned on the teacher. Not the students.'

'I mean, yeah. But I kinda reminded them I'm a bit....... erratic.'

'Therapy then?'

'Therapy it is. I'll arrange something over here. Puerto Rico still doesn't believe there's such a thing as psychological issues'.

=============

And so I let my Granpa know. What my last crusade is. Kingdom Come X. The last stand. The final battle. I don't know. It feels weird. But for now, I should look to Meltdown 162. I'll be facing Garth Black.

It's funny, actually. As usual, I'm told to make promos, come up with ideas to hype the match and such. I don't wanna say I came up with nothing. I didn't. But I wanted to try something different. Just come out of the chest. Let loose. Keep it simple. As such:

CLICK HERE TO HEAR A PROMO~!!

I don't know how fans will react to it, but at the same time, I think they still kinda hate me. They kinda should after what I did not long ago. But we'll see how things go.

Thread Information