Thread: MD 162: Kagura vs Dirk Buchanan

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

MD 162: Kagura vs Dirk Buchanan

Kagura won the World Title at Unscripted, only to lose it in a difficult situation in the Lethal Lottery. Her number would come up shortly after though, as she hit the jackpot in Vegas and captured the EurAsian in a hard hitting and violent street fight. She squares off with Dirk Buchanan, who has shown some promise when he isn't distracted by his outside pursuits. A win for Kagura would help her further her case as the greatest female to step foot in the ring, while Dirk could prove himself to be a real threat to WZCW's upper echelon with a victory of his own.

Deadline is Tuesday, August 13th, 11:59 PM EST

No extensions will be given this round.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Confusion. Excitement. Pain. Three words that described that scene as Garth Blackâ??s body fell to the ground nearly thirty feet above the ground, his body crashing through the stage. Kaguraâ??s body falling on top of his, as the referee made the count. Three seconds later and the shrine maiden was champion again. So why did it hurt? Not physically, but mentally. Kagura could only stare in shock as the official handed her the Eurasian title. Staring at it, her face blank and devoid of emotion, she could only wonder â??just what the hell do I do now?â??

---

A few days have passed since Ascension Anarchy. Kagura Ohzora stood on the balcony of her hotel high rise overlooking the traffic below. Her long raven colored hair hung down past her shoulders, free of its usual restraints. A mild summer breeze whipped at her face, providing refreshment from the hot air. Beside her stood her manager, Sasuke. The old man was smoking a cigarette, haphazardly looking at the cityscape in silence. Her turned towards her, eyeing the Eurasian title that the girl was resting her arms on. Its golden center plate gleamed, reflecting the night lights of the city around them.

â??Youâ??ve been awfully quiet since you won that thing,â? he replied, tapping his cigarette on the railing.

Kagura watched the ashes fall to the ground, scattering like burning flower petals, as she turned to face her mentor, â??Have I?â?

It was a dull answer. For once since he had known her, Sasuke genuinely had no idea what she was thinking. She was champion again. Shouldnâ??t that make her happy?

â??That answer right there,â? he responded. â??This isnâ??t like you at all. I honestly thought youâ??d be happy enough to paint the town red after Ascension Anarchy, but here were are, another town and youâ??ve barely said a word to me about it. What gives?â?

Kagura moved her arm and shot a glance at the title before looking back down at the street below. They were seven stories up. A high enough fall to kill a man on impact.

â??I donâ??t know,â? she said dryly.

Sauske shot her an unconvinced look that read, â??are you fucking serious?â?? Kagura scoffed.

â??What do you want me to tell you Sasuke, that Iâ??m happy about winning this? I should be, but Iâ??m not. When Bateman said that heâ??d make Kingdom Come worth my while, I didnâ??t think that involved winning the Eurasian title. I thought he was giving me another shot at the World title. Iâ??m still angry over what happened at the Lethal Lottery. I worked so hard to regain the belt only to be forced into a bullshit situation where I couldnâ??t win. I should still be World champion right now.â?

She growled, gripping the Eurasian title in her hand so tightly that Sasuke could see her knuckles go white.

â??It kills me inside that Iâ??m not. Itâ??s like all my efforts to win Gold Rush and then to defeat Titus at Unscripted, all amounted to nothing. Nothing! Of course Iâ??m still pissed off! Was this his way of him throwing me a bone? Fuck him. Fuck Vance Bateman.â?

Kagura felt her eye twitch, as she heard laughter coming from the old man. â??Thatâ??s funny, kid. Two years ago wasnâ??t it your goal to win that very title right there? Donâ??t try and serve me that sob story crap about this being a downgrade. I was world champion, then I held regional titles afterward. Any belt is worth holding. If it doesnâ??t seem like a big deal, then make it a big deal. Thatâ??s what Titus didâ?¦â?

â??Shut your damn mouth Sasuke!â? Kagura roared as she slammed her fist on the railing.

Her outburst caught the old man completely off guard. That was the first time she had ever raised her voice to him.

â??Donâ??t you think I know that?â? she hissed. â??I know that I should be happy that Iâ??m champion again, but Iâ??m not. The amount of effort that I put in to be World champion, that belt should still be around my waist. I canâ??t let my anger go, Sasuke. This feels like such a downgrade because Garth wasnâ??t doing jack with it anymore, and Bateman just gifted it to me to shut me up. I donâ??t know if I can muster enough pride to hold this belt.â?

Kagura took the title and held it in front of her with both hands, dangling it over the railing. â??I do feel the weight of this thing. Every time I look at it, Iâ??m haunted by a past that I thought Iâ??d left behind. It reminds me of a time when I was unhappy with my career. Crawling and fighting for each opportunity, failing every time to win something significant. When I earned the chance to face Titus at Apocalypse, I was happy. I had just turned over a new leaf and there was a fire underneath me again. When I lost, I despaired. I felt like I was drowning in an endless sea struggling to stay afloat. Then I won King for a Day, and that started me on my path to be World champion. At Unscripted, Titus and I met on an even grander stage than at Apocalypse. This time the top prize was on the line and I won. I wiped that loss away. That black cloud was gone. As world champion, I was free to write my own history as the first woman to hold that belt twice. It was a clean slate.â?

She grit her teeth, â??Now I find myself as Eurasian champion and that black cloud has returned because the shadow of the EurAvision era has forever cursed this belt! As world champion I might have surpassed that man, but thereâ??s no surpassing him with this.â?

Sasuke sighed and threw the remains of his cig off the balcony, â??Iâ??m not going to pretend to understand how you feel right now. Shit happens. I get it. I can give you advice if you want it, but I donâ??t think I can help you. Though I will say that you need to figure out what you want first, or youâ??re going to be miserable.â?

He stepped back and turned to go back inside, â??Save some of that rage for your next opponent.â?

Kagura smirked, â??You mean Dirk Buchanan, that upstart? Piece of cake. Itâ??s just a routine match until my challenger is announced. I suppose I wonâ??t hurt him too bad, unless he pisses me off. If that happens, I might break his arm and send him off on another sabbatical.â?

The older man smiled, â??Have I told you that I really like this ruthless side of yours?â?

â??Everyday,â? she replied, not bothering to turn around.

Kagura remained on the balcony, eyeing the Eurasian title belt in her possession. Deep down she knew Sasuke was right. This belt held a lot of prestige and honor. Years ago she wanted to hold it for that reason, but nowâ?¦ maybe she was just acting like a child throwing a tantrum because she lost. Fuck that! Kagura shook her head, finally being sick and tired of being dicked over every time she accomplished something.

â??If Iâ??m going to hold this belt, then itâ??ll be on my terms, not Batemanâ??s,â? she said, taking the title and holding it out in front of her.

â??Listen old man,â? she screamed. â??Iâ??m not some puppet that you can control. You want me to be a good girl and fall in line just because you handed me this, well screw you! This belt represents everything that I hate, and everything that I fought to escape and overcome. I donâ??t want to hold this belt the way that it is. I want something fresh. Something new. A belt where I set the standard.â?

Peering over the edge of the railing, Kagura glared at the cars zipping by below. Without thinking she did the unthinkable. She released her grip on the Eurasian title belt, watching it fall to the ground below. A few seconds passed as she heard the sound of leather and metal bouncing off asphalt, as the belt landed straight into the path of an oncoming truck.

Kagura grinned like a madwoman, â??Sayonara. Omae wa mou shindeiruâ?¦â?

Thread Information