Thread: MD 162: Xander vs Stetson Hayes - Non Title

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

MD 162: Xander vs Stetson Hayes - Non Title

Few men have taken the journey Xander has, and few have won their first World Title in such impressive fashion. The man formerly known as Triple X put on a record breaking show in Jeddah, outlasting the entire field to capture the gold. He then followed it up with his first title defense in a very unusual match on Ascension Anarchy. His opponent in the main even from Havana is the big Texan Stetson Hayes, who eliminated more men anyone else in the Lottery. Hayes is always a tough opponent and may be able to score an upset victory over the champ if Xander catches himself looking ahead to the main event of Kingdom Come.

Deadline is Tuesday, August 13th, 11:59 PM EST

No extensions will be given this round.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Stetson Shoots A Gun Store Commercial

STETSON SHOOTS A GUN STORE COMMERCIAL

(TW: Reminder of current gun violence that's happened in the past week including today. This RP was half-finished before Gilroy, including most of Bob's dialogue. Stetson's lines and ending were changed. It's become a real shitshow recently, and I'm sorry for what distressing feelings this piece may give the reader.

Viewer discretion advised.)

FADE IN

INT. VEGAS ARENA HALLWAY- NIGHT

SCENE ONE

Camera stays on a doorway of curtain, with LEON KENSWORTH standing by with a microphone in his grasp. He places his empty hand up to his ear, nods, and STETSON HAYES bursts from the folds. HAYES is exasperated and red.

Off-screen, a herd of pedestrians watch on and jeer the cowboy. He glares at them.

STETSON
    I ain't saying shit 'til all you crisis actors shut yer mouths!

The crowd quiets down out of curiosity. LEON KENSWORTH clears his throat.

LEON
    Mr. Hayes, you were a heavy favorite to win in the Roulette Rounds after a great showing at Lethal Lottery. Many feel you've stumbled tonight, and your prospects for Kingdom Come are in jeopardy. With your next opponent being the World Champion himself, how do you plan to face such impending odds?

STETSON
    First off, Kensworth - it ain't my job to wear a blindfold. My job is to know my opponent and rassle. This company let me down tonight with its outlaw mud show bullshit. I ain't a contestant on the Price Is Right! I'm their employee and them not telling me who I'm facin' is an outrage. I may not have known who all was in Saudi Arabia, but I had a good idea who would be. Course I stumbled. Who the fuck wouldn't in my position?

LEON
    Now to be fair no one else knew who they were fighting, including Chris K.O.

STETSON HAYES waves his hands back and forth.

STETSON
    Fake news. This place has had it in for me since I draped the 'Merican flag over the Eurasian title. Tired of the prejudice. You're all trying to get rid of me cuz I ain't fitting into your liberal mold!

LEON
    Well erm let's get back on topic. Xander will meet you next week. Any thoughts or strategies you're willing to share with us?

STETSON
    Typical deflection. Okay chief I'll answer yer stupid question. I'm a man. He's a boy. This ain't vidya games.

LEON
    Not sure I follow.

The cowboy rolls his eyes and takes a quick breathing exercise.

STETSON
    Alright. Let me break it all down fer ya nice and simple-like. Folks at home may not know this, but me and Xander, we're a coupla ladies men. But he's a Chick Flick and I'm a Western ya see. He's been sweet on a gal and hand on the Bible I know it costs him. I think it's why he failed against Garth Black at Unscripted. I think it's why he failed against Callie 'fore that. Only a matter a time before he goes back to his RomCom life. Me, I'm a cowboy. I shoot the black hats, make love to the petticoats, and ride off inta the sunset. If my mind is on a piece of ass ya better believe it's cuz I plan to make it tap in tha ring.

LEON
    You really think he doesn't have his head in the game?

STETSON
    I'm sure he does. Least one head is thinkin' bout his gold. The other maybe not so much.

LEON
    He's World Champion, Hayes. Many past stars could juggle their love life and their job.

STETSON
    Don't make 'em any less Beta than what they is. And I'm tired of bein' reminded bout all the folks here that don't take thar jobs seriously. We get it, this ain't rasslin. It's celebrity grab-ass. But that don't mean I ain't gonna keep to my guns. Someone oughta.

LEON
    Ookay well thank you for your time, Stetson. Good luck in your upcoming match.

STETSON HAYES appears miffed, as if hit by some unseen insult.

STETSON
    Good luck? GOOD LUCK?! ...I'm sick of this...

The irate wrestler steps away from KENSWORTH and pulls the camera close. A quiet yelp escapes the man behind said camera.

STETSON
    I'm sick of being the man you all write off! The one y'all overlook! I hear the rumors. I read your WZ comments. "Oh he'll be good for KFAD"... "He could chase a secondary prize"... Every week it's the same! Every month it's the same! But lemme tell you a true story about the men you people love writing off, and goddammit, read my lips if you're hard of hearin'...

Close-Up of HAYES, with his face covering the bulk of the camera lens.

STETSON
    THEY. BECOME. YOUR. LEADERS. Lookat this country. Hell, lookat the other countries. Now get out of your bubbles, pull yer heads outcha asses, and bare witness! I am a threat, the biggest threat to Xander's title and no amount of Mystery Matches will ever change that! No matter who he fights at KC10...no matter who I fight at KC10...whoever the liberal media picks that ain't me is just another errand boy!

HAYES storms off and the crowd that stayed respectfully silent boos him again.

FADE OUT

END SCENE

FADE IN

EXT. CAR LOT- DAY

SCENE TWO

A filmcrew is shooting a commercial for a gun store. BANG BANG BOB, the owner, is reviewing previously cut scenes as technicians work to edit. From across the team, they're setting up for STETSON HAYES's line. One technician plays footage already filmed.

It begins with a voiceover, off-screen, and a visual of the exterior of the store - small gray building with the American flag and a cross painted on the sides.

"BANG BANG BOB'S" is stenciled in directly above the doors. Patriotic music rings out from the laptop's speakers.

BANG BANG BOB (O.S.)
    BANG BANG BOB'S! THE STORE LEADING THE FIGHT AGAINST ANTIFA IS HAVING A BLOWOUT SALE!

Fireworks cut in following the scream of an eagle. Transitions to the interior, where BOB is shown. Cameras slowly scan overhead at the pistols, shotguns, automatics, semi-automatics, rifles, and everything else under the sun.

BANG BANG BOB
    TWENTY PERCENT OFF FIREARMS RANGING FROM GRANNY'S SILENT-BUT-DEADLIES TO PAPA'S PANDA POPPERS! WE HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO FEND OFF A COMMUNIST REGIME!

Cameras fixate on one pistol on display. It is proudly displayed in a glass casing.

BANG BANG BOB
    WE EVEN HAVE GEORGE ZIMMERMAN'S GUN! AN AMERICAN ICON! SORRY GANG, BUT WHEN THE RIOTS START, THAT ONE'S MINE!

Laugh track with a hard swipe to the outside. BANG BANG BOB is in military apparel, complete with a helmet with a dollar sign on both sides.

BANG BANG BOB
    SO COME ON DOWN AND BECOME A HERO! STICK IT TO THE SNOWFLAKES AND CRISIS ACTORS WITH A BRAND NEW REMINGTON, COURTESY OF UNCLE SAM! WE HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO BE A PEACEKEEPER IN THESE TROUBLING TIMES!

The salesman moves away from the edited video, and tells the cameraman to record. He grins, and stands to the side.

BANG BANG BOB
    BUT DON'T JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT -

On cue, STETSON HAYES comes riding in on a horse.

STETSON
    I'm Stetson Hayes, and it's your constitutional right to uhh tap out the enemy like I do. Oh goddammit...

The horse, a palomino, is spooked. HAYES tries reining her in but she ruins the scene.

BANG BANG BOB
    Cut!

KEY GRIP (O.S.)
    Can we get another horse, please?

HAYES hops off the mare. He takes his hat off and speaks to BOB. He's visibly wringing it.

STETSON
    Hey uh I'm all in support of our 2nd Amendment but umm this seems a little soon all-things-considered, ain't it?

BANG BANG BOB
    Whatcha mean? Sales always go up when shit hits the fan. You're a smart man. You know that.

STETSON
    Yeah. But seems so...I don't know. Greasy?

BANG BANG BOB
    Don't tell me you gone PC on me, Hayes. Not you. Hell, yer the only reason the Midwest and The South even watch WZCW. They hear you talkin' like that they might think somethin's fake about you.

STETSON
    I ain't fake! Just, can't we shoot this a week from now at least?

BANG BANG BOB
    Okay chief I'll answer your stupid question. Money. There. I'm not gonna pussy-foot with this when I got a family to feed.

STETSON
    It's all too soon.

BANG BANG BOB
    This is America. It's always too soon for you bleeding hearts. Only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun-

KEY GRIP (O.S.)
    Can we PLEASE get back to shooting?

STETSON
    I'm...I'm sorry. I can't do this.

BANG BANG BOB
    STETSON!

HAYES storms off towards his trailer. He slams the door and slumps into a chair. He throws his hat at the mirror.

His voice is noticeably different.

STETSON
    I've kept this charade up for too long. It's getting to me. This isn't who I am.

HAYES takes his colored contacts out. What were hazel eyes instantly reveal to be blue.

He speaks to the mirror.

STETSON
    It's become too real. The mask is slipping. What am I going to do? Carry on and pretend everything is okay? How can I? At what cost to my soul?

Loud knocking interrupts his thoughts. He stares at the door, and then back to the mirror. HAYES sighs.

STETSON
    ...but the show must go on, right? No matter what. I can't pull this mask off yet. On stage as in life - Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Even me.

HAYES takes a deep breath, puts his contacts back in, and opens the door.

FADE OUT

END SCENE

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    WrestleZone Championship Wrestling
    Welcomes You To...

SDCC
    WZCW PANEL

FEATURING...
    SEBASTIAN 'SEABASS COPELAND
    BECKY SERRA
    CHUCK MYLES

AND A WHOLE HOST OF WZCW SUPERSTARS PAST AND PRESENT*

* due to 'scheduling conflicts, WZCW Champion Xander will be unable to appear tonight

The hall in the San Diego Convention Centre was buzzing with the hum of excited fandom. Hundreds upon hundreds of people had already packed themselves into the stupidly hot room, and even more were slowly following. Men and women, young and old took their seats, each one either geared out in their favourite WZCW stars apparel, or dressing as their icons in superb cosplay.

A roar emitted around the room as veteran WZCW interviewer and commentator Sebastian â??Seabassâ?? Copeland made his way onto the stage.

â??Hello WZCW fans and hello Comic-Con!â??

Another cheer for the gratuitous cheap pop.

â??It is an honour and a privilege for us to be here today! We have a number of top WZCW stars here to talk to you all and to take your questions. But first; an introduction to our two first panellists. Please welcome General Managers of Meltdown and Ascension; Becky Serra and Chuck Myles!â??

The crowd gave a polite â??wooâ?? as the two bosses of each of the companyâ??s shows walked out. Chuck Myles waved to the crowd with a huge grin slapped across his face, while Becky Serra maintained an air of composure as she headed straight for her seat.

â??So, before we begin; Becky and Chuck, thank you both for being here tonight. Weâ??re still not far removed from the Lethal Lottery, and weâ??ve since had the Roulette shows to contend with, and it feels as if the very foundation of WZCW has been shifted. How does it feel to you guys when running your respective brands of Wrestling?â??

â??Seabass, let me tell you, nothing gives me more pleasure than delivering shocking television to the fans each and every show.â?? Myles paused for a short pop form the audience. â??On Ascension we strive to deliver high-octane action with the best athletes in the world, and we have what may be one of the greatest rosters in our companyâ??s history.â??

Copeland smiled. â??Becky; your thoughts?â??

Becky leaned into her microphone, smiling.

â??As much as I the to agree with anything my esteemed colleague suggests, on this occasion I have to. Weâ??ve been fortunate enough to outlast other companies out in the world and set ourselves as the number one standard in this sport. That happens through evolution. And while familiar names may grace the roster, there are more and more new superstars begging to be on our shows, and it is with them that we cement our place in the future.â??

A polite applause from the audience.

â??Well said.â?? Seabass looked down at his notes. â??So, before we bring some superstars out here and take questions, we asked on Twitter what questions youâ??d like the GMâ??s to answer. Chuck; weâ??ll start with you. A question about the WZCW World Champion-â??

The boos were almost instantaneous at the mention of the title, not even getting so far as his name.

â??Chuck; what is your opinion on Xander as the companies World Champion.â??

â??Sebastian; that is an excellent question. And our World Champion earned the right to wear that Championship when he outlasted 29 other superstars â?? literally â?? at the last Lethal Lottery event. And what an achievement it was. But, if I may; Xander will now face the most difficult thing to come to terms with as a World Champion; staying Champion, is much, MUCH harder than becoming Champion. Does he have the staying power to hold the Championship for a long time? Iâ?¦I gotta be honest; he has been very inconsistent throughout his run. I wouldnâ??t rule out him losing it nearly as quickly as he won it.â??

â??Xander has fought for that Championship since day one. I highly doubt heâ??ll be letting go of the belt without a fight.â??

â??But fighting and winning are two different things that donâ??t always equal the same thing. Like Becky Serra and ratings.â??

A low â??Oooh!â?? could be made out in the crowd. Becky simply smiled, looking down.

â??So, I guess I just failed upwards when I earned your old job on Meltdown, right?â??

An even louder â??Oooh!â?? echoed around them.

â??As fun as it is watching you guys go at it; how about we stick to the questions?â??

Chuck shrugged his shoulders, while Becky nodded on.

â??Becky; this week sees a number one contenders match for Xanderâ??s Championship; a triple threat between some of the biggest names in the sport; the Legendary Titus, the dastardly Steven Holmes, and the incomparable Chris KO. Three huge names; one spot. Who do you think will earn the opportunity to challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship?â??

â??Seabass; these are three incredible performers in WZCW and honestly, itâ??s too difficult to pick someone for this. I mean, you have in Titus one of the most legendary performers of all time. Heâ??s broken records and set new ones in their wake. But heâ??s up against two returning legends in KO and Holmes, and in all honesty, itâ??s a tough one to call. Couple that with who the winner goes on to face-â??

â??-yeah, speaking of that guyâ?¦â??

The unknown voice came from nowhere, slightly distorted. One by one, screams of shock and surprise, evolving into a thunderous noise form the crowd, as the source of the voice finally came into view of everyone.

Xander smiled, speaking through his megaphone, WZCW Title wrapped firmly around his waist.

â??You werenâ??t going to have a talk about me without me involved, are you?â??

The crowd were still losing it as the unannounced star made his way to the main stage. He passed Seabass, ignoring both of the GMâ??s and stood atop the table, arms outstretched. Remarkably, the surprise of the whole event had whipped everyone into a frenzy, as they cheered their much despised World Champion. He smiled, reaching down and unhooking a microphone from its cradle.

â??You all surprised to see me?â??

Another raucous round of cheers.

â??You all seem happy to see me?â??

The further cheers were met with a sneer from the Champion.

â??Youâ??re all so fucking predictable.â??

A double middle finger to the crowd soon had the audience reaction back on point; the boos came down like thunder on a stormy night. He smiled, taking in the reaction as he hopped down form the table, only to be confronted by Becky Serra.

â??What the hell are you doing?â??

â??Wellâ?¦isnâ??t this the sort of thing Champions show up to?â??

â??You hate this crap.â??

â??Itâ??s not about me.â??

â??I find that really hard to believe.â??

Chuck walked over, smiling. â??Hey guys, come on. We have a crowd of people here, theyâ??re happy to see the Champ; how about we sit down and take some questions?â??

â??Myles; you donâ??t get an opinion-â??

â??No, you know what? Shoot. Letâ??s do it.â??

Myles gestured towards an empty seat, which Xander walked over to, unbuckling the Championship Title as he sat down. Myles then gestured the same to Becky, who simply shook her head at her Ascension counterpart.

Copeland, who looked on bemused during all of this, returned back to his podium.

â??Rightâ?¦well, needless to say I have no questions prepared for Xander, so I guess weâ??ll be doing this on the fly. Tell me Xander; how are you feeling following your victory over Keith Kole last week?â??

â??How am I? You see this?â?? Xander lifts the Championship title up into the air. â??Then how the fuck do you think Iâ??m feeling?â??

Copeland gave a little head shake, clearly unhappy with Xanders choice of language. â??A match-type such as the â??Storm Area 51 Matchâ?? can throw up some surprise results; was it a relief to walk away with your recently-acquired Championship?â??

Xander smiled, holding up the Championship again. â??Do I need to repeat my answer?â??

Some of the fans began to boo at the stand-off nature of the former Triple X. He simply sat back and smiled.

â??With your first defense down, is it a clear run now to the main event of Kingdom Come? Can you afford to look that far ahead or is that a dangerous mentality to have?â??

â??Finally, a good question.â?? Xander leaned forward. â??I donâ??t care who it is that makes it to Kingdom Come. I really donâ??t. Because theyâ??ll suffer the same fate as every sorry son of a bitch in the Lethal Lottery. Theyâ??ll lose, Iâ??ll win, and Iâ??ll be the World Champion for however the hell long I want to be.â??

â??Even with a prospective match against the winner of-â??

â??I know who the options are. And all three men I have a deal of history with. And I honestly do not care who it is. I donâ??t. Because this-â?? He once again gestures to the belt â??-was the biggest demon exorcism I could have ever had. Each of those men hold demons for me, but the albatross is gone form my neck, and I will not be denied by any of those three men.â??

â??But Xander; youâ??ve mentioned all three men have had the better of you. Steven Holmes; while you won your first Championship in the company from him, took an early World Championship opportunity from you that could have sent your career into a wildly different direction.â??

Xander fidgeted in his chair at Beckyâ??s words.

â??And, on top of that, Chris KO was the man who took your Eurasian Championship from you. In your first defense.â??

Mylesâ?? statement made Xander laugh to himself, shaking his head.

â??And Titus-â??

â??I FUCKING BEAT TITUS!â??

â??â?¦yeah, but you couldnâ??t get the job done when his at-the-time Eurasian Championship was on the line.â??

â??Your point?â??

â??My point, Mr World Champion sir, is that none of these matches would be a good fit for you. Kingdom Come may very well be the end of the Xander era.â??

Xander sat, staring at the Championship he had worked so hard for as the crowd in front of him cheered so loudly at the thought of him losing it. As they cheered, his smile grew once more on his face, and he started laughing. He kept laughing, and laughing, and laughing until the fans cheers became an uncomfortable silence.

Copeland looked over to both Serra and Myles, who each shrugged their shoulders.

â??â?¦whatâ??s funny about that?â??

â??Whatâ??s funnyâ?¦is that you all thinkâ?¦â?? Xander stood, vaulting the table so he faced the people directly. â??â?¦that your opinions matter. They donâ??t.â?? He motioned towards Becky Serra, who also looked incredibly uneasy in her seat. â??Remind me, Miss Serra, of my opponent on Meltdown.â??

â??â?¦youâ??ll be facing Stetson Hayes-â??

â??-thatâ??s it! Good olâ?? Stetson! The man preaching that things just arenâ??t the same any more. Searching for the past in a beer bottle or a whiskey glass. And you know what? Good for him! He eliminated more people than anyone in the Lottery and, in all honesty, if I were him Iâ??d love a crack at the Champion-â?? he turned to Serra. â??-it is non-title right?â??

With a reluctant nod, she confirmed his question.

â??Awesome.â?? He turned back to the audience. â??-Iâ??d love a crack at the Champion. And heâ??ll get that. He will get the closest he will ever get to the World Championship, because he deserves it for being such a good competitor. For being, a horrible, drunk, degenerate old-timer stuck in the past howeverâ?¦â?? He reached back, grabbing the title from the table. â??â?¦this will always be out of reach.â??

The fans began to chant; the mumbled words slowly forming sentences.

â??FUCK YOU XAN-DER! *CLAP, CLAP, CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!*â??

â??As for Kingdom Come, I really donâ??t care. I either face a legend who canâ??t make things stick for longer than five minutes in Titus, an old-timer who is lucky he can walk who is well off his once-elite level in Steven Holmes, and someone you people yourselves turned on in Chris KO! What do I have to fear?â??

Xander slung the Championship on his shoulder, dropping down to the front of the stage, sitting.

â??Hereâ??s the truth kids. Yâ??all want me to fail. You need it to. Because you need a reminder that the bad guy loses, and thereâ??s hope for your sorry pathetic lives yet. You need, need to know good will win, and youâ??ll support anyone and everyone that steps up and faces me, andâ?¦the truth is, that just shows how hypocritical you all really are. You sad creatures, willing to support anyone but me. And the even more depressing truth of the matter is; I will beat every single one of them. And I will do it not only to retain my World Championship, but I will do it to be the constant reminder of how you failed me. And how I rose above you, and became something more.â??

Xander holds up the Championship once more, to a stunned silence of the hall.

â??The best. And there isn't a fucking thing any one of you can do about it. Hell, you cheered me in the place. dumb motherfuckers. But here's the real kicker; you all came here to have a good time, and just like your hopes of having a World Champion to cheer for, I ripped that away from you. because that's just what I do. I kill your dreams. I turn them on themselves into your worst nightmares. and I revel in it. Why? Because fuck each and every one of you, that's why. I proved each one of you wrong. You, in the Ty Burna shirt; I proved you wrong. You in the Showtime shirt; wrong. Stormrage shirt; wrong! Joseph Rios shirt; wrong! Wrong! Wrong! WRONG! WRONG FUCKING WRONG!!!!â??

Xander lowered the mic to catch his breath; more boos reigning on him.

'And here's the thing. The day comes where someone does take this off of me? It doesn't matter. Because I'm still in the books as the man who took your words, shoved them down your throats and became World Champion. So bring your challengers on. Bring them all. I'll take them all.'

Xander pushed himself back to his feet, smiling once more.

'And when all is said and done; your hopes of a Champion you could be proud of will fall silent, and fade away. And that will leave me here, holding this high, reminding you just how fucking small you all are.'

With that, Xander leaped down to the floor, walking down the aisle; a middle finger in the air as one final act of defiance to the people.

Thread Information