Page 5 of 269 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA & NFL Football Thread

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Those Colts fans who booed Andrew Luck are pathetic.

I understand they were upset, but goodness your franchise QB had to retire early due to injuries (partially due to the incompetence of the front office) and you boo him off the field? Is that really how you want him going out?

This reminds me of the Toronto fans who cheered KD's injury. They're taking this WAY too seriously. It's just a game. Health comes first. Period.
    Clearly they will regret booing him. I feel terrible for him, but you need to look at it from the fans perspective.

They're stitting at the game (paying full price for a preseason game which is a different topic for a different day), and they find out via Adam Shefter's Twitter that the star quarterback who is supposed to bring them to a Super Bowl (hell this year could have been their year) is gonna retire 2 weeks before the start of the season. They see him standing on the sideline chatting with his teammates. What reaction should they have? Cheer the guy who (lets be honest here) is screwing over their season?

Plus it isn't like the injuries were career ending injuries. It was just continuously having different injuries taking the mans will to play. If he was unable to come back from the shoulder thing the fans in attendance would likely understand more, but he did come back from that.

It is really terrible. What's worse is that my first reaction (after the shock) was to add Jacoby Brissett to my fantasy team.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Anyone watch the Miami vs. Florida college football game Saturday night? What an absolute dumpster fire. If I didn't know better, I would guess players on both teams had money on their own team losing that game. Horrible game, but entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    Clearly they will regret booing him. I feel terrible for him, but you need to look at it from the fans perspective.

They're stitting at the game (paying full price for a preseason game which is a different topic for a different day), and they find out via Adam Shefter's Twitter that the star quarterback who is supposed to bring them to a Super Bowl (hell this year could have been their year) is gonna retire 2 weeks before the start of the season. They see him standing on the sideline chatting with his teammates. What reaction should they have? Cheer the guy who (lets be honest here) is screwing over their season?

Plus it isn't like the injuries were career ending injuries. It was just continuously having different injuries taking the mans will to play. If he was unable to come back from the shoulder thing the fans in attendance would likely understand more, but he did come back from that.

It is really terrible. What's worse is that my first reaction (after the shock) was to add Jacoby Brissett to my fantasy team.
    If I am a fan, the only way I can boo a man who is retiring because of all his injuries (which Colts fans) know is if I am being selfish.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Upon hearing your star QB is retiring because of injuries, your first instinct shouldn't be to boo.

In that situation who cares about this upcoming season? Health comes first.

4. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Anyone watch the Miami vs. Florida college football game Saturday night? What an absolute dumpster fire. If I didn't know better, I would guess players on both teams had money on their own team losing that game. Horrible game, but entertaining.

If I am a fan, the only way I can boo a man who is retiring because of all his injuries (which Colts fans) know is if I am being selfish.
    Upon hearing your star QB is retiring because of injuries, your first instinct shouldn't be to boo.

In that situation who cares about this upcoming season? Health comes first.
    When they booed him he was not retiring due to injuries he was just retiring and they were told by a third party. That was the only information available. Sure he had a few injuries but the guy was sitting out preseason with a calf injury that was not at all career threatening.

This is what they knew at the time (Adam Shefters tweet breaking the news).

Filed to ESPN: Andrew Luck has informed the Colts he is retiring from the NFL, per source. There will be a press conference Sunday to make it official, but Luck is mentally worn down, and now checking out.

I'm looking really hard and I do not see anything about injuries. I guess the fans in attendance are mind readers? He came back from the potential career ending injury and had a minor injury to his calf so it isn't like he is injured.

Besides, the Colts knew earlier in the week. Why wait until the planned press conference SUNDAY? You weren't gonna sell tickets based on him playing since he was not gonna play anyway. Letting the fans find out from a third party was embarrassing on their part and likely helped lead to the booing.

Again, I'm not in favor of booing him. It was wrong and they'll regret it (if they don't already). But with the limited information they had available to them and they way it was handled, it isn't really that surprising.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

6. Likes Slyfox696 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When they booed him he was not retiring due to injuries he was just retiring and they were told by a third party. That was the only information available. Sure he had a few injuries but the guy was sitting out preseason with a calf injury that was not at all career threatening.

This is what they knew at the time (Adam Shefters tweet breaking the news).

I'm looking really hard and I do not see anything about injuries. I guess the fans in attendance are mind readers? He came back from the potential career ending injury and had a minor injury to his calf so it isn't like he is injured.
    You don't have to be a mind reader to connect dots. I did it immediately upon seeing the news that he was retiring (without having any other information at the time).

Furthermore, I would expect Colts fans to know this: Source

In other words, what was originally supposed to be a minor injury was going to have Luck out for an undetermined amount of time.

This wasn't out of the blue. I would assume Colts fans knew he was injured yet again and that there was no real timeline for his return. You don't have to be a mind reader to connect those dots.

Besides, the Colts knew earlier in the week. Why wait until the planned press conference SUNDAY? You weren't gonna sell tickets based on him playing since he was not gonna play anyway. Letting the fans find out from a third party was embarrassing on their part and likely helped lead to the booing.
    I can't answer that except to say Luck should be allow to retire on his terms. Something like that should not have been leaked.

Again, I'm not in favor of booing him. It was wrong and they'll regret it (if they don't already). But with the limited information they had available to them and they way it was handled, it isn't really that surprising.
    Not surprising, but still wrong and inappropriate, even at the time. I cannot ever agree to a perspective in which my selfish desires for a man to continue injuring himself is enough to boo him for choosing not to be injured.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In the last 2 weeks, both of Alabama's starting ILB's (Josh McMillon and Dylan Moses) have torn their ACL and will miss this season.

Moses could've been the best LB in the nation. He was the leader of our defense and the most important player on the team behind Tua. McMillon was a redshirt senior who finally got a chance to play. I feel awful for both of them. Now we have to play 2 true freshmen. This might cost us the title.

Alabama's injuries at LB have been insane the last few seasons. Moses and McMillon will miss all of next season. Terrell Lewis has missed the last 2 years. Christian Miller missed all of 2017. Mack Wilson played injured last season. Anfernee Jennings missed the National Title against Georgia. Rashaan Evans has missed a few games. What is going on?

10. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Alabama has plenty of 4 and 5* players on their depth chart. No need to worry, they'll be fine.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    People are definitely overreacting. We'll be fine in the regular season. Texas A&M probably scores the most points against us, but I'll take Bama's offense all day. Auburn has a true freshman QB and a weak OL. LSU has scored 10 points in 3 seasons. I'm not taking their offense seriously lol.

Georgia and the playoffs is where it gets interesting. Christian Harris and Shane Lee (the two new starters) have a lot of talent, but true freshman ILBs have really struggled in Saban's defense. We saw this problem in 2014 where Zeke ran all over us and near the end of 2017. I'm not throwing the season away, but I'm not nearly as confident.

14. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    People are definitely overreacting. We'll be fine in the regular season. Texas A&M probably scores the most points against us, but I'll take Bama's offense all day. Auburn has a true freshman QB and a weak OL. LSU has scored 10 points in 3 seasons. I'm not taking their offense seriously lol.
    Bro, don't worry about people overracting. You don't think Saban has a plan? Come on man, you're better than that. Agreed with you on A&M, they'll probably drop the most points on you than any other SEC team. I don't think the Mississippi schools have anything to contest you. I like Joe Burrow, the QB at LSU, but I don't think he has enough to overcome 'Bama. I know absolutely nothing on the new Auburn QB, but I always found Auburn to be way overrated. Maybe I'm wrong, that's just how I see it at the moment. Bottom line: I don't see any team overtaking 'Bama in the west this year.

Georgia and the playoffs is where it gets interesting. Christian Harris and Shane Lee (the two new starters) have a lot of talent, but true freshman ILBs have really struggled in Saban's defense. We saw this problem in 2014 where Zeke ran all over us and near the end of 2017. I'm not throwing the season away, but I'm not nearly as confident.
    I wouldn't worry about the two new starters until the SEC Championship. No better way for Harris and Lee to get experience all year before facing a (presumably) top 5 Georgia team. I believe, in my honest opinion, that Harris and Lee are better than the LB's in '14. Hey, that's just my opinion.

Your team will be fine BSE. Every team goes and deals with injuries each and every year. It's just Saban and company have that talent where they can replace a 3-year starter with a 5* freshman who can replace the production of said 3-year starter.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lol at Georgia Tech losing by 28 to Clemson. What team does that?

18. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Thread Information