Page 104 of 269 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2689

Thread: NCAA & NFL Football Thread

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't expect athletes to be saints or even role models, but dang the bar is on the floor. Just this week, we've seen players literally defend rape and quote Hitler.

Although it's clear the NFL doesn't care, so it does feel kinda pointless to care.

2. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Most fans are clowning the Cowboys for not paying Dak (it's the Cowboys, we don't need much of a reason lol), but in a lot of ways, I can see why they didn't. He's had a top supporting cast throughout his career and hasn't made it past the divisional round. Against playoff teams last season, he had more turnovers than touchdowns. His supporting cast is basically guaranteed to decline when he gets paid.

But this begs the question: who do they replace with him? Franchise QBs are extremely difficult to find. Would they really be ok with starting QBs like Ryan Tannehill, Case Keenum, and Andy Dalton with no stability? But would they really be ok with paying Dak $35-$40M?
    Last edited by BestSportsEntertainer; 07-16-2020 at 05:47 AM.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Most fans are clowning the Cowboys for not paying Dak (it's the Cowboys, we don't need much of a reason lol), but in a lot of ways, I can see why they didn't. He's had a top supporting cast throughout his career and hasn't made it past the divisional round. Against playoff teams last season, he had more turnovers than touchdowns. His supporting cast is basically guaranteed to decline when he gets paid.

But this begs the question: who do they replace with him? Franchise QBs are extremely difficult to find. Would they really be ok with starting QBs like Ryan Tannehill, Case Keenum, and Andy Dalton with no stability? But would they really be ok with paying Dak $35-$40M?
    1. I agree about Dak. I don't see why people think he is worth $30M, aside from the fact that he is a young starting QB coming up on Free Agency. But he will get paid once he hits the open market, because every team that doesn't have a starter will want him because he is better than what they have.

2. Who do you get to replace him? Someone in the 2021 draft? Cam Newton?

3. Honestly, if I'm Dak I don't play this season. What do you get by playing on the Tag this year? Normally I get the idea of gambling on yourself, but this is a complete unknown and not really worth it. I fully anticipate every team having to quarantine players during the season making them miss games.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No matter how bad your team might be, even if you're a New York Knicks fan, take a minute to be thankful you're not a Redskins fans.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No matter how bad your team might be, even if you're a New York Knicks fan, take a minute to be thankful you're not a Redskins fans.
    Ain't nobody a Redskins fan anymore, BSE.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Right. That will take some getting used to.

But don't worry. You own the site so no one can fire you this time lol

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'll just be completely honest, I'm just not a Dak fan.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Ain't nobody a Redskins fan anymore, BSE.
    They're still the Redskins for now.

The statement said they will retire the name at the conclusion of the thorough review they are doing. Do you not expect this review to take 3 or 4 years, or until Daniel Snyder is removed from his post?

In all honesty they'll have to likely keep it around this season if for no other reason than uniforms and merchandise. The players need their helmets in like a week and a half and the logo is on the helmet and the name is on the jersey. getting those game ready for a month from now is gonna be difficult. Also while Nike stopped selling it on their store they still make the merch and who knows if they're willing to eat the losses that come with a change. I know when players change numbers they are forced to pretty much buy all the remaining stock of their old stuff. Imagine having to do that with an entire team catalog of merch.

I hope I'm wrong but it does seem farfetched that this can all be done so close to the season. I could see them stop using the name and just go by "Washington" but having a new name and everything seems like something that will be finalized soon and debuted next season.

Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

12. Likes Slyfox696 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They're still the Redskins for now.

The statement said they will retire the name at the conclusion of the thorough review they are doing. Do you not expect this review to take 3 or 4 years, or until Daniel Snyder is removed from his post?
    No, because I think the reason they are concluding it in the first place is due to tremendous financial pressure from sponsors. I don't see that changing and I think they'll change sooner rather than later.

In all honesty they'll have to likely keep it around this season if for no other reason than uniforms and merchandise. The players need their helmets in like a week and a half and the logo is on the helmet and the name is on the jersey. getting those game ready for a month from now is gonna be difficult. Also while Nike stopped selling it on their store they still make the merch and who knows if they're willing to eat the losses that come with a change. I know when players change numbers they are forced to pretty much buy all the remaining stock of their old stuff. Imagine having to do that with an entire team catalog of merch.
    I'm still not convinced how much football we're actually going to get this fall and winter.

Which, as a Notre Dame fan, sucks because I think they were looking pretty good for this season.
    I hope I'm wrong but it does seem farfetched that this can all be done so close to the season. I could see them stop using the name and just go by "Washington" but having a new name and everything seems like something that will be finalized soon and debuted next season.
    I wouldn't surprised to see them officially go by Washington but "allow" people to call them the Redskins.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    No, because I think the reason they are concluding it in the first place is due to tremendous financial pressure from sponsors. I don't see that changing and I think they'll change sooner rather than later.

I'm still not convinced how much football we're actually going to get this fall and winter.

Which, as a Notre Dame fan, sucks because I think they were looking pretty good for this season.
    I wouldn't surprised to see them officially go by Washington but "allow" people to call them the Redskins.
    I agree with everything you said. I just expect them to not have new jerseys/helmets/logos/etc until next year. Which would be a funny visual. "We are not the redskins but we still have the logo and name on the jerseys.

Shame that we lose out on a good Notre Dame season this year.

Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

15. Likes Slyfox696 liked this post

Thread Information