Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 437

Thread: NCAA & NFL Football 2019-2020 Thread

  1. #1
    Sponge Daddy

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Laurel, MS
    Posts
    2,515
    Likes (Given)
    8916
    Likes (Received)
    1027

    NCAA & NFL Football 2019-2020 Thread

    **Slyfox Note - The first few posts in this thread were removed from the previous year's thread...in case the OP seems random. **

    I've defended Alabama's OOC schedule in the past, but we at least played teams like Wisconsin, USC, and Florida State. Next season is just embarrassing. A neutral site vs Duke and 3 cupcakes at home. Seeing Alabama fans try to defend it is hilarious.

  2. Likes #RicSolarFlair liked this post
  3. #2
    Call me, Rhea #RicSolarFlair's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    2,887
    Likes (Given)
    1089
    Likes (Received)
    1667
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    I've defended Alabama's OOC schedule in the past, but we at least played teams like Wisconsin, USC, and Florida State. Next season is just embarrassing. A neutral site vs Duke and 3 cupcakes at home. Seeing Alabama fans try to defend it is hilarious.
    I see what you're saying. However, many schools have games set up years in advance. I believe Bama has played a non-conference Power five team since Saban has been at the helm, no? So yes, Duke is a power 5 school but maybe that's the only P5 school available that fit Alabama's non-conference slate for 2019.
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    Oh shit! #MrScissorsKick is going nuts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    I'm ok with Raw being 3 hours of Rhea Ripley.

  4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
  5. #3
    Sponge Daddy

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Laurel, MS
    Posts
    2,515
    Likes (Given)
    8916
    Likes (Received)
    1027
    It's very clear Alabama wants an easy OOC schedule. They could easily schedule better teams.

    It wouldn't be so bad if they played an actual road game and replaced the FCS game before the Iron Bowl with another P5 opponent earlier in the season.

    Something like Duke, @Penn State (or any good P5 school), Southern Miss, and New Mexico State would be fine to me.

    But a neutral site vs one of the weaker P5 programs in the country and 3 cupcakes at home is horrible.
    Last edited by BestSportsEntertainer; 06-10-2019 at 11:31 AM.

  6. #4
    I Stay Blasted Yaz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,207
    Likes (Given)
    161
    Likes (Received)
    592
    It's been Bama's MO for years though. They rarely schedule actual good P5 schools on the road and when other top P5 teams try to propose home and homes, Bama counters with a game in Tuscaloosa and then at neutral site. Their success is frustrating, but their inability to travel outside of the South is even more so. A lot of SEC schools are guilty of it, but Georgia is the worst offender. It's only been something like three or four times since 1980 that they have played a true non conference road game west of the Mississippi River or North of the Mason Dixon line.

    The advanced scheduling thing is a good point, but Bama has paid millions of dollars to buy out away games in the last few years so they could schedule different opponents. FSU is a big offender of that outside the SEC.

  7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
  8. #5
    Call me, Rhea #RicSolarFlair's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    2,887
    Likes (Given)
    1089
    Likes (Received)
    1667
    I'm not disagreeing with either of you, and you both make solid points. However, the point I was trying to make is that at least the Crimson Tide schedules P5 opponents. I don't care if it's Duke, Oregon State, or Rutgers. The attempt is that Bama will schedule P5 teams. This coming from an Oklahoma fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    Oh shit! #MrScissorsKick is going nuts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    I'm ok with Raw being 3 hours of Rhea Ripley.

  9. #6
    Sponge Daddy

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Laurel, MS
    Posts
    2,515
    Likes (Given)
    8916
    Likes (Received)
    1027
    Let's play game called "Guess who the NFL suspended this time!"

    Tom Brady because he was "generally aware" that footballs were deflated during a playoff game vs the Colts. The footballs undeniably gave the Patriots a competitive advantage even though they only outscored the Colts 17-7 with the balls and 28-0 without.

    or

    Tyreek Hill because he allegedly abused his 3 year old son. His 3 year old had a broken arm, and Hill allegedly punches him in the chest. On an audio recording, his wife told him their son was terrified of him, and he said "you better be terrified of me too, b----". He also has a history of domestic violence.

    Surely it's Tyreek Hill, right?

  10. #7
    Sponge Daddy

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Laurel, MS
    Posts
    2,515
    Likes (Given)
    8916
    Likes (Received)
    1027
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with either of you, and you both make solid points. However, the point I was trying to make is that at least the Crimson Tide schedules P5 opponents. I don't care if it's Duke, Oregon State, or Rutgers. The attempt is that Bama will schedule P5 teams. This coming from an Oklahoma fan.
    I'm super late to this, but every P5 team except for maybe 4 or 5 schedules an OOC P5 team next season. It's not a big deal at all.

  11. #8
    Call me, Rhea #RicSolarFlair's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    2,887
    Likes (Given)
    1089
    Likes (Received)
    1667
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    I'm super late to this, but every P5 team except for maybe 4 or 5 schedules an OOC P5 team next season. It's not a big deal at all.
    All good.

    Boomer Sooner!
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    Oh shit! #MrScissorsKick is going nuts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    I'm ok with Raw being 3 hours of Rhea Ripley.

  12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
  13. #9
    Sponge Daddy

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Laurel, MS
    Posts
    2,515
    Likes (Given)
    8916
    Likes (Received)
    1027
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Let's play game called "Guess who the NFL suspended this time!"

    Tom Brady because he was "generally aware" that footballs were deflated during a playoff game vs the Colts. The footballs undeniably gave the Patriots a competitive advantage even though they only outscored the Colts 17-7 with the balls and 28-0 without.

    or

    Tyreek Hill because he allegedly abused his 3 year old son. His 3 year old had a broken arm, and Hill allegedly punches him in the chest. On an audio recording, his wife told him their son was terrified of him, and he said "you better be terrified of me too, b----". He also has a history of domestic violence.

    Surely it's Tyreek Hill, right?
    Now Jarran Reed has been suspended 6 games for an incident in 2017 where he wasn't charged.

    Too bad he's not the 23 year old MVP's #1 weapon.

  14. #10
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    815
    Likes (Given)
    23
    Likes (Received)
    403
    Just further enhances how absolutely stupid Deflategate was.

  15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •