https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/vi...get-more-edgy/

“They were very aware that they had lost touch with the teenagers,” Meltzer said. “They were afraid of completely losing teenagers, especially when AEW starts. This is a direction they felt they had to go."

You can already see some changes in the product with Corey Graves yelling “holy sh**” during the opening segment. The segment with Mike and Maria Kanellis is something they wouldn’t have done before and on SmackDown Live, Kofi Kingston gestured at Samoa Joe with his middle finger.

Last month, during an interview with TalkSPORT, Mick Foley said that there were plans to get edgier during the third hour. It looks like that plan has changed and the entire show will be edgier. Here is what Foley said last month:

“The idea is that the third hour is going to get rougher, wilder, and more unpredictable,” Foley said. “When I was GM, I knew that people were breaking towards the SmackDown show because it was the darling of the Internet.”
I'm fine with an edgier product, but that doesn't fix anything on its own. The real problem is the lack of interesting characters and storylines.