Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    HE DID IT!!

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Valjean View Post
    HE DID IT!!
    It’s a last ditch effort to get him over. He’s one of the worst drawing champions of all time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Brock should've never won the belt back, but that was awesome.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconBits View Post
    It’s a last ditch effort to get him over. He’s one of the worst drawing champions of all time.
    Yup, but I was convinced we were in for a 3rd straight fall season with Brock as champ so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm surprised Reigns didn't have a match.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Summerslam 2019
    Date: August 11, 2019
    Commentators: Michael Cole, Corey Graves, Renee Young, Byron Saxton, Tom Phillips

This is finally the end of the parade of summer shows and we’re going out with not quite a bang. The card hasn’t felt the most interesting but that has been the case for a long time now. Since two matches were added to the Kickoff Show earlier in the day, we’re up to a nine match card, which isn’t the biggest lineup in the world. I’m not sure what to expect from the results but the level of interest has some work to do. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

The Summertime Purples

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Also, I really appreciate that WWE didn't have Cole explain to us the clear symbolism in the Fiend's lantern and allowed us to draw our own conclusions (for now).

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Spidey liked this post
    I missed the last three matches due to a power outage last night and, to no surprise, a novel's worth of four letter words didn't have much effect. The power did eventually come back on and I saw the rest of the show just a bit ago.

There wasn't a whole lot of pure greatness on last night's show, but it was overall quite solid. Nothing was really bad, though the SmackDown Women's Championship match was worse than I was expecting. I didn't catch the kickoff show as I just wasn't interested, I knew Lorcan didn't have a chance of beating Gulak and that was the only match I knew that would be there. One thing that I enjoyed about last night's show was that there weren't matches added for the sake of there being matches, at least not on the main card. There were no IC or Tag Team Championship matches as they weren't really needed right now, set 'em up for next time or have more stuff go down on TV. No match for Roman Reigns or Daniel Bryan either which, again, feels right as i just don't see the point of adding matches to cards just for the sake of having more. The show was much easier to get through than I thought it would be, certainly more so than the a number of past shows, especially the bigger shows, over the past few years.

The Raw Women's Championship match was nice and physical, featuring some great storytelling and I loved that they kept the emphasis on the submission stipulation.

This was the best Natalya has looked since her days of trying to become inaugural NXT Women's Champion. Goldberg vs. Ziggler went down exactly as I figured it would. Ziggler sold the hell out of those spears, the first and third ones he took looked fantastic. The live crowd ate this up and I'm sure quite a few via the network did as well.

I thought Styles vs. Ricochet was a fun bout and that counter at the end of the into he Styles Clash was sick looking. Styles needed to retain as the Club doesn't need losses at this point in time.

The SD Women's Championship was the weakest thing on the entire card, there just wasn't any heat or chemistry between Bayley and Ember.

Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon featured some fun storytelling and gave a very crowd pleasing ending, it's what needed to happen and it's what we got.

The match of the night went to Charlotte and Trish, great work from the ladies with some great storytelling.

Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton was a very solid outing overall and I didn't mind the ending to be honest as I figure it'll lead to some sort of street fight/no DQ situation next time around, which is needed as Orton's pacing just doesn't work in this day and age. Nothing wrong with a methodical pace, but Jesus Christ man it's just too much.

Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt was too short to really rate but the Fiend looked downright awesome. He came off, to me, like a mixture of Bray's classic character, Mankind and a dash of the Undertaker. I'm sooooooo glad he wrestled in the mask as I wasn't sure if he would, I have no idea how easy or hard it is to breathe in the mask, but the match was exactly what it needed to be.

Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar was a great sprint and it gave Rollins what I think is his first definitive win against Lesnar, which surprised me. Given Seth getting beaten down so much, this is the story they should've gone with for WrestleMania as it would've come off like a bigger deal. I'm burned out on Brock Lesnar as a champion and I'll take almost anyone as champ. I've enjoyed Rollins as champ as a whole and I definitely prefer him to Lesnar.

WWE Raw Women's Championship - Becky Lynch vs. Natalya - ***1/2
    Singles Match - Goldberg vs. Dolph Ziggler - NA
    WWE United States Championship - AJ Styles vs. Ricochet - ***3/4
    WWE SmackDown Women's Championship - **1/4
    Singles Match - Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon - ***
    Singles Match - Charlotte Flair vs. Trish Stratus - ****
    WWE Championship - Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton - ***
    Singels Match - Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt - NA
    WWE Universal Championship - Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar - ***3/4

Overall Grade: B-
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information