Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spiderman Leaving The MCU?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Marvel/Disney more than Sony need Disney in my opinion. I dont care how hyped anyone gets for any of the new films announced the MCU needs spiderman to give it some star power until the x men (particularly wolverine) and the fantastic 4 come in to play. With Cap and Ironman gone you have fuck all star power left imo

2. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Honestly the arrogance of Disney is both incredible and hilarious. To A11's point, Spidey is in fact a draw, and Spidey was poised to be the linchpin of the next phase of the MCU. A character that they full well did not have secure rights to was going to be the crux of the whole multi billion dollar franchise.

Dumb risk. I loved the two Spider Man movies from Marvel, and while I feel bad for the creatives, seeing a Disney take a huge dent in their monopoly pleases me.

That being said, Sony is batting .5 with Spider Man flicks (though one of is the best Spider Man, and maybe the best animated super hero movie of all time). Hopefully they've learned that if they hire the right people and stay the fuck out of the way then Holland can continue being Peter Parker in a worthy series.

Blah, at least Spider-Man got a bunch of movies before this craziness occurred.

I probably only watched four of the ten thousand MCU movies that involved the ongoing MCU Avengers saga, and I only watched Far From Home because my wife is a huge comic book geek (we weren't married when most of the other movies came out).

This coming from the perspective of a casual fan of superhero movies; I think that the MCU has had enough Spider-Man. Finding out that Spider-Man might no longer be a part of this never ending series of Avengers movies is like finding out that future Shazam movies might be recast and disconnected from the DCU. For me, Spider-Man's only appeal is that he wears a neat suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Now give me a Spider-Man and Venom movie with Holland and Hardy.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    People keep talking about this like Disney just went in and said, "Everything remains the same except we want half of all profits instead of 5% and merchandising". Disney, in fact did not do that. Disney proposed that Sony and Disney split Everything down the middle. Production costs, advertising costs, salaries, etc and at the same time, they get half of all the profits. I don't think that is unreasonable at all. Everybody saying that Disney is being a bully and arrogant and greedy either don't know the whole story or you're drinking the kool-aid and think that Disney is this big evil corporate monopoly and you want to see them get their just desserts. It's not unreasonable for them to say, "We'll pay for half of EVERYTHING, but we want half of the profits as well".

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    People keep talking about this like Disney just went in and said, "Everything remains the same except we want half of all profits instead of 5% and merchandising". Disney, in fact did not do that. Disney proposed that Sony and Disney split Everything down the middle. Production costs, advertising costs, salaries, etc and at the same time, they get half of all the profits. I don't think that is unreasonable at all. Everybody saying that Disney is being a bully and arrogant and greedy either don't know the whole story or you're drinking the kool-aid and think that Disney is this big evil corporate monopoly and you want to see them get their just desserts. It's not unreasonable for them to say, "We'll pay for half of EVERYTHING, but we want half of the profits as well".
    And Sony were probably up for that, if they got half the merchandise profits as well. But I highly doubt Disney were going to split that cash cow equally.

And let's be honest dude. Disney is a big corporate Monopoly. They just bought out one of their film competitors and are planning on putting their stuff on their own streaming service instead of licencing it out. That's monopolising.

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

8. Likes smarkmouth, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sony is trying to get bought out.

10. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconBits
    Sony is trying to get bought out.
    Possibly
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Peter Parker returning to the MCU like;

13. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And it appears Sony got what they wanted out of the deal.

Thread Information