Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spiderman Leaving The MCU?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Isn't it just for a Spider-Man sequel and then another film after? I guess his arc ends with him retiring and concentrating on being a kid. Only for him to pop up in Sony's extended universe.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's the reported deal, but I'm sure Disney wants more. I just want them to say fuck it, make Tom Holland movies in the MCU and have a seperate Sony/Spideyverse bringing back Raimi and Maguire. Comic book fans have been dealing with convaluted separate universes for decades. Film fans should now get to share that anxiety.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think Disney realised that Spidey is a big asset and they'd rather have a bit of that pie than nothing at all

Honestly I'd love to see a Spiderman multiverse like whatever the hell DC are doing. Have MCU Spiderman movies and also have Raimi Spiderman movies where they do something with like Shocker or Electro or something

4. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Multiverses are dumb ideas, especially the shitstorm DC are creating. It looks like they have no idea what they are doing.

Havent really read the details of the deal but this could be even better for Sony if that havent passed it right away. Marvel are going to be more reliant on including spiderman the more they include him because everybody loves spiderman. If they only have the rights for a sequel and another film before they have to negotiate again then Marvel should be put over the barrel and taken for a ride by Sony. How many films did Downey Jr appear in as Iron Man (I can count at least 9). And that was without needing to establish where he fits in the whole universe because they were able to do both at the same time. If Marvel want to make Spiderman the new face of the franchise (personally think they'd be stupid not to) they will probably need Spiderman in roughly another 6-8 movies in my opinion, assuming this next saga is as long as the Infinity Saga was.

Thread Information