Thread: HUGE Rumor For CM Punk's Future

HUGE Rumor For CM Punk's Future

I can't emphasize the RUMOR aspect of this enough and it seems so far out there that it can't possibly be true. Yet, the fact that it seems so unlikely does make you wonder if there's any truth to it.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that CM Punk's agent has reached out to WWE about the possibility of Punk cohosting the WWE studio show that's set to air on FS1 later this year. The report states that Punk's agent has reached out to the head honchos of Fox and that he'd be working for Fox rather than WWE. Meltzer claims that no negotiations have taken place yet.

Meltzer's opinion is that WWE wouldn't care for this at all because they'd have no control over Punk but he also says that things are so fluid right now that who knows? So, in a nutshell, Meltzer is saying that Punk's agent is putting out feelers to gauge interest from both Fox and WWE.

So yeah, take this with a grain of salt, most definitely, but you have to admit that Punk being on this show, especially for the first few episodes, would be a big ratings draw as you'd have loads of fans wondering exactly what Punk would say. This studio show is reportedly going to come off like a legit sports analyst show and Punk, given his past with WWE, would add a unique aspect to the show of someone looking at things from the perspective of an outsider, who's been an insider, while Renee Young is WWE's golden girl. Again, Meltzer claims that this wouldn't mean Punk is returning to WWE as he would be working for Fox, but I find it beyond difficult to believe that Fox would hire Punk without WWE giving it their stamp of approval.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I can see him getting back into wrestling again one way or another. What else is he going to do? Where else is there any kind of demand for CM Punk?

Eventually, money will talk.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    100%. I know he's big on people believing he's a true outlaw or renegade or whatever, but MMA is finished and Hollywood isn't calling. I suppose he could sign autographs six days per week for the next 10-15 years, but I doubt that's going to be sustainable. He'll be back in wrestling, with WWE or AEW.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He will be back to take a Mania main event spot and get paid a fortune for a lighter schedule.

You know all the things he bitched about for years.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If he comes back to WWE, they really have no reason to give him major cash and a part-time schedule. He didn't leave WWE and raise his profile. If anything, he has less value now.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    There's really no reason for WWE to keep doing it with Brock Lesnar, but they keep it up. Lesnar hasn't been delivering big ratings on TV, he hasn't been delivering more network subscriptions and the quality of his matches are a complete roll of the dice.

Does Punk have less value now? Sure, in some ways most definitely. He's talked a lot of smack over the years but really all he's done is work on a few comic books here and there, had a significant part of a remake of a David Cronenberg horror film from the 70s that, most likely, almost nobody's going to see and has made himself look like a complete fool in the two MMA fights he's had. So yeah, Punk hasn't exactly gone out and set the world on fire. IF he was to be hired for the WWE studio show, which I think is tentatively titled After the Bell, then he'd be working for Fox rather than WWE but, again, I very much doubt Fox would hire someone WWE didn't want.

At the same time, you know what sort of reaction Punk would get if he did return. His music would hit and the place would come absolutely unglued with cheering that'd be so loud that the commentators would even have trouble hearing each other. Remember the response Shane McMahon got when he made his surprise return? It'd pale next to what Punk would get and you'd have everyone from lapsed Punk fans to writers to wrestlers who didn't like him rushing to Twitter, Instagram or whatever to hail the return of "the Best in the World" as though Christ himself had just returned.

If CM Punk ever steps into a WWE ring, my opinion it'll be because Vince decided to pay him a sum of money that's probably downright obscene, so much that even Punk himself couldn't turn it down despite any sort of claims he may make regarding not being interested in money.

Conan Of Cimmeria

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Whether he admits it or not, Punk wants that final match on a Mania card. He'll come back eventually and WWE will promise it him then throw him on earlier to fuck with him.

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake
    Whether he admits it or not, Punk wants that final match on a Mania card. He'll come back eventually and WWE will promise it him then throw him on earlier to fuck with him.
    I can see them being that petty.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Brock Lesnar is a global draw. He is a legitimate household name at this point. Vince doesn't pay him that much money because they're friends. There are tons of revenue streams we never look at, and I have to imagine Brock brings in a ton of money, at home and abroad. Punk? I think he'd be great for loyal fans, but I doubt WWE sees him as a guy that will bring in new fans. Does Brock? Who knows, but he clearly has more value than Punk.

18. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    He made $12 million in WWE last year. If those are his friend prices, I'd hate to see what he charges someone to work for them he doesn't like.

Conan Of Cimmeria

20. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information