Thread: MD 163: Keith Kole vs. Garth Black

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

MD 163: Keith Kole vs. Garth Black

Deadline is Tuesday, September 17th, 11:59 PM EST

No extensions will be given this round.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A doctor's surgery in an indescript Central American town. Garth Black is waiting to be called in by the doctor. The room is full of sick people. A few children noisily speak in Spanish. A man in a baseball cap looks miserable. A child with a saucepan stuck on his head is crying. Black didn't want to be here. He didn't want to be anywhere. But he certainly didn't want to be here.

The room was hot and the only thing cooling it was a rickety old fan suspended above the corner of the room, which was redistributing the dust around the room as much as it was cooling. A bucket full of stagnant water collected the drips from a rusty pipe running along the roof. If this was the sort of hospital his company insurance would be providing, he may as well give up now.

He sat for hours, with nothing for entertainment but a Spanish TV guide from December 1994. He could read Spanish, but his boredom compelled him to read the yellowing pages cover to cover. This was not the life he dreamed of. This was not a champions life, nor would it ever be so. This was a man running out of steam, a man on the wind down. There wasn't any pleasure left in much of anything anymore. Fighting for his life wasn't as exciting when it was literal and not metaphorical. Is this where the glitz and the glamour had led? A cul-de-sac rather than a highway to success.

Eventually the receptionist looked up from her book long enough to address him.

Receptionist: Senor Black, the doctor will see you now.

Black stood up, and entered the doctor's room, where an overworked and underpaid doctor sat in a tattered white coat. He motioned

Doctor: I sorry, I...err.... no talk Inglese. On the bed please.

Black was happy with this situation. The less small talk the better. He really didn't think he could stand another person telling him how sorry the were to hear about his plight. Everything seemed in stasis at the moment, just waiting, he hadn't won his last match, but he hadn't lost it either. He wasn't dead yet, but he wasn't really alive either. Keith Kole was next for him, but it may have well have been been Cheryl Cole for all of the preparation he'd put into the match. He'd turn up and try his best, but that's about all he could guarantee at this time.

The doctor motioned him to pull down his shorts sufficiently for the needle he held in his hand. A quick prick later and he was done. Black felt a pang of relief, but an equal pang of sadness that this was to be his life now. For as long as the prognosis held out, anyway.

The doctor motioned for him to leave the surgery.

Black: Gracias

Black walked out of the surgery and boarded a bus, incredulous that this is where his life was leading.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Keith Kole's House
    Roughly a week after Ascension

Keith Kole sat on his couch in his home, comfy red basketball shorts and a dingy white shirt is what he wore as he stood up, frustrated at his attempt to book his flight to the next show. He flung his notebook across the room.

Kole: This is bullshit! Shouldn't be this hard to get a goddamn flight booked. Maybe I should message Kassandra, apologize and get her to come back and handle all this stuff.

Kole looked around. His house was a mess, him not being used to scheduling all his travels and hotels and etc by himself. He looked at his phone, pausing before sending a text off to his friend, asking her to come over. Kole still hasn't heard from anyone from FlexAmerica in almost a month, and ever since Kross left, Kole has been disoriented to no extent.

Instead of cleaning or possibly trying to book his flight, Kole instead loads up his copy of Madden 20, intending to build up his Dolphins via franchise mode....

A Few Hours Later...

A knock at the door wakes up the sleeping Kole from his slumber on the couch. He jumps up, quickly getting to the door and opening it to an impatient Kassandra Kross. She walks in and after a quick glance turns her look of disgust to Kole.

Kross: Really? Been home for about a week and can't clean? Typical man. Anyways, I saw your last match. You should've won, and if those allies from FlexAmerica would've shown up you probably would have.

Kole looked semi offended before replying

Kole: Actually, I haven't heard from anyone in FlexAmerica in quite some time. And maybe you were right, maybe I don't need them going forward.

Kross: Excuse me what? I was what? Right? Of course I was right Keith. But what about that whore you're so infatuated with? Betcha you jump at the chance to help her in her title match huh?

Kole sighs and shakes his head, not looking forward to giving her more to gloat about.

Kole: Haven't heard from her either actually. Again you may be right in that she got what she wanted from me and tossed me aside. That doesn't matter though. I know what I have to do. I also know I don't really need FA. But....i do need you. Can you forgive my dumbass and come back to being my WZCW manager?

Kole makes the most pitiful face possible, making big puppy dog eyes to his friend, waiting her response.

Kross looks and try as she may, can't help but start laughing.

Kross: Ugh, if it means you stop making that face, I'll come back. But don't you ever tell me I'm jealous of some thrift shop hooker ever again!

Kole bumrushes her and gives her a big hug before quickly grabbing his notebook and handing it to Kassandra.

Kole: Great, you can start by figuring out how we're getting to Panama City, where we're staying and oh yea the match there vs Garth Black is coming in less than a week.....so chop chop miss manager you!!

Kole laughs and goes back to playing Madden as Kassandra resists the urge to smack the shit outta him.

Kross: Sometimes I just don't know why I try helping you anymore. Panama City vs Garth Black huh? That's a former world champion you're facing.

Kole: (uninterested) Yea uh huh, former champ, lemme know when it's done.

Kross looks at her friend with mock hatred before begrudgingly grabbing her phone and making the travel arrangements. Maybe Kole can get on track now that he isn't relying on others.....besides her of course.

Thread Information