Baron Corbin is here, and he's never leaving.

I see this man as an example of how, if you follow all the rules and be a responsible employee, you'll succeed. The fans don't like him, and the WWE seems to see this as an incentive to push Baron even farther.

Now; it's my opinion that anything that Baron touches turns to shit. From the perspective of someone who wants to be entertained, I'm being given a lot of big moments that fizzle out because they involved Baron.

The King of the Ring tournament was brought back. Why? The closest thing to an explanation that I can come up with is that the King of the Ring tournament was brought back to elevate Baron. Baron did his usual paint by numbers style of heel wrestling, and he defeated Chad Gable clean. Now, the really odd thing for me is that there was almost no drama in regard to the tournament, with a very slight amount being invested into some kind of Chad Gable Cinderella story. So, one conclusion that I discount is that the WWE planned for the fans to be emotionally invested in Chad Gable, and that they would hate Baron for beating him. I discount that conclusion because Baron didn't use any heel tactics in his match with Chad, so apparently we fans were supposed to be so impressed with Chad that we would then be even more impressed with Baron. My head hurts.

The WWE seems stuck in a very idiotic state of mind where they believe that it's possible for us to hate AND respect Baron, and that when we're obviously annoyed with his presence that we've proven that we hate and respect him. So basically; If we tell the WWE -- point blank -- that we don't respect Baron, the WWE takes that as proof that we do respect Baron. Any inverse to that concept still seems to give the WWE the idea that we respect Baron.

I get that fans can be unnecessarily snooty at times, and that we'll unfairly rip on a performer who is actually doing a decent job (Lance Storm). But this experiment ran its course long ago, and there's still nothing there.