Thread: John Morrison signs with WWE

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John Morrison signs with WWE

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=129885

WWE has plenty of talent, but I guess more never hurts. Morrison can be a solid upper mid-carder on the main roster.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    At this stage in his career, I can only see him putting talent over. Nothing wrong with that.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    At this stage in his career, I can only see him putting talent over. Nothing wrong with that.
    That's ultimately what I see him doing. I sort of see him as a kind of gatekeeper for whatever brand he winds up working on. He turns 40 in about a week and while that's not an automatic death knell, it's still a bit of a mark against him. Morrison isn't an AJ Styles, Chris Jericho, Goldberg or Undertaker in that he was a solidified main eventer in WWE or has had a ton of buzz just radiating from him in recent years. In Styles' case, Styles left TNA, went to New Japan, did some of the best work of his career and became a bigger star than he had been. Morrison has gone to places like Lucha Underground, AAA and Impact where he's had huge success but, let's face it, they barely register as a blip on the radar.

My guess is that JoMo plans to retire by the time he's 45 and since WWE is now signing talent to 5 year deals, plus they want to keep as much relevant talent from going to AEW as possible, he figured this was an opportunity to bank a lot of money before hanging up the boots a few years down the road. Taya Valkyrie probably won't be too far behind Morrison, she's married to the guy after all and she's already done as much as she can in Impact. She's still on her first run as Impact Knockouts Champion but it's day 262 of the run.She's also 8 days into her 3rd run as AAA Reina de Reinas Champion; ROH's women's division is a joke, AEW's is only barely getting started, New Japan doesn't have one and all the various women's promotions probably can't afford her, so I expect she'll be in WWE within the next year.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know this would be weird but what if they sign him for the NXT brand. The guy still as name recognition and his over enough to be a big draw for the brand as they go against Jericho and AEW. Just having him in matches against the undisputed era would be amazing or even him vs Matt riddle. They so many great opponent they could give him on NXT and he would look like a major star on that brand compared to him going back to either raw or smackdown.

5. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As much as I hate to agree with the guy above me, that was my first thought as well. I can see him going to NXT and working some cool programs with the top stars there. In fact, that would probably be the best spot for him. I see very little room for him anywhere on the current Raw and SD rosters. Also, as much as they say NXT isn't going to change with their new spot on USA, I can't help but to think that we're going to start seeing more established stars on the brand. Whether that comes from signings or roster moves (The Draft), I have no doubt that bigger names will start appearing as a means of hooking in the casual fan.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When he left Impact earlier in the year I assumed he was changing his name to Johnny Elite and going to AEW. But I guess guaranteed bank from WWE is a better deal for him. You wouldn't think Morrison was turning 40 this year. He looks the same as he did ten years ago but I guess looking and feeling 40 is different. Midcard is pretty much his guaranteed destination as well as putting over younger guys. Where he ends up will be interesting though. He'd probably get more mileage in NXT. But I would like to see him team up with Miz again at some point

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information