Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rey Mysterio Possibly Returning as Cena's Wrestlemania Opponent

Senior Member TheManTheyCalledNorCal's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    HOLY SHIT.

We went from the worst scenario with Taker to the best scenario other than a CM Punk return.

Juice monster rey in a last hurrah with Cena would be killer, perhaps literally since someone is absolutely going to get dropped on their head.

Can't wait.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    HAHAHA WHAT. No thanks. So they tease Undertaker, they have Cena literally call him out and then what. "Oh hey John you're getting me". Why would anyone want to see Mysterio vs Cena?

Sure, big fight feel and all, but this offers nothing! And we have seen this match with both men at their prime. It's not a dream match either.

And don't get me started on the fact defeated the WWE Champion, AJ Styles clean on SD.

Seriously, what the hell are they thinking?

Give me Demon King vs Mysterio. Give me Cena vs Rollins or Owens or Zayn or Braun. What does Rey vs Cena accomplish? Hell, even Jeff Hardy vs Cena is a much better idea. It has never happened once and was before Hardy's rise to the top, in a forgettable match on RAW. On the contrary, everybody remembers Mysterio vs Cena from 2011.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Biggest troll of the century.

They start building Cena vs Rey and then Undertaker returns for a different match.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Anything which keeps the Undertaker from having another hard to watch 25 minute match is just fine with me.

5. Likes Барбоса, Spidey liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rey vs Cena should have been the Summerslam main event during the 'Summer of Punk' angle. It would have been good then when Rey was not in the best of shape.

It would be perfectly acceptable now as a simple showcase match. Rollins vs Cena would also have been more than acceptable. Strowman vs Cena would also have been fine, so long as the former went over brutally.

Anything but the Undertaker having his hips ground into dust by umpteen AAs.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd be thrilled of this is true, sounds like a classic mania match in the making. I'm not a fan of this John Cena not having a spot a WrestleMania storyline because it seems like a very dumb way of building any match, especially a John Cena vs Undertaker match. If this report is true, than at least we'll get something great, instead of something that should've happened at least seven or eight years ago when Undertaker was still in good shape. If Cena/Taker happens now and sucks (which it probably will) a ton of people will want Undertaker to come back next year and have a match with AJ Styles, because he'll definitely drag Taker to a good match and then when that sucks it'll probably be Seth Rollins. I'd rather let The Undertaker go than have my good memories tarnished.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    To me, it just feels like both men can be utilized better. I don't think a match between Cena and Rey does anything for either one of them. And in a Mania where we have Brock/Reigns, Rousey thing, and the WWE Championship, this match won't be that high on the card. At this point, I'd rather see Cena work with this iteration of Rusev Day, or KO/Sami, or Roode, or Dolph. Even though he has had bouts with most of them, they have grown and bring different things and can use the rub of beating him.
    If Rey is coming back, he could work with Finn, Seth, or wrap up the 205 tournament before Mania and have him challenge for the Title at Mania. I think both of these guys would be better served working with younger talent than each other.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I would love to see this match. The match that they had on RAW for the WWE title during the Punk angle is one of my favorite RAW matches. Considering how good Rey looked during the Rumble and Cena being big match John, this would be a really good match.

That being said, a part of me wants to see Rey vs Miz. What better way to use one of the best faces ever that against the best heel today.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Iâ??d be up for this. Always liked Mysterio in the few matches of his Iâ??ve seen over the years and Cena seems to be the type who can go with anyone when heâ??s not rusty. If Cena stays active between now and Mania then do it

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Interestingly enough, Dave Meltzer has 'confirmed' that Mysterio wasn't backstage at Smackdown last night. Not that I don't believe that Mysterio will sign with the WWE. Just an interesting note that it may not be as signed, sealed and delivered as we all seem to think it is.

Thread Information