According to the WON, and based on what we saw on Raw this past Monday, it looks as though the proposed match with the Miz defending the Intercontinental Championship against Braun Strowman is off. Instead, it's looking like it's going to be Miz defending against Seth Rollins and Finn Balor in a triple threat. As for Strowman, there's said to be some talk of inserting him into the Universal Championship match with Reigns and Lesnar though, as we saw on Raw, there's something going on with Elias.

As to the Intercontinental Championship match, I didn't have any problem with Strowman vs. the Miz but I also, most certainly, have no complaints about Miz vs. Rollins vs. Balor. They had a helluva triple threat match IC title #1 contenders on the May 1st episode of Raw last year, which WWE.com ranked as the 10th best match of the year, and it's really a prime spot for them at this point in time.

As for Strowman, I just can't see Elias being his WrestleMania opponent. I don't really see any way that they can stretch out this program for another 5 weeks and keep it interesting and it'd be such a friggin' waste of Braun Strowman. I like Elias' schtick, but we've seen Strowman destroy him so many times already. Braun Strowman is an example, a rare one at that, of someone who comes along every so often who just hits everything at the right time. Whenever he's got an opportunity, he makes the most of it and the fans love it. For whatever reason that I can't wrap my head around, however, Vince is bound and determined to give Reigns yet another mega WrestleMania moment. I'm not hating on Reigns, he's world's better than he used to be and he's been in some really good programs over the past year or so, but it's obvious that Strowman is someone fans WANT to cheer for and like cheering for.

Strowman being shoehorned into the Universal Championship picture may not be a pretty piece of creative, if it's something they ultimately wind up doing, but I don't believe most people will mind, especially if it meant that Strowman won the Universal Championship.