Thread: Lesnar vs. Reigns vs. Strowman?

Lesnar vs. Reigns vs. Strowman?

According to the WON, and based on what we saw on Raw this past Monday, it looks as though the proposed match with the Miz defending the Intercontinental Championship against Braun Strowman is off. Instead, it's looking like it's going to be Miz defending against Seth Rollins and Finn Balor in a triple threat. As for Strowman, there's said to be some talk of inserting him into the Universal Championship match with Reigns and Lesnar though, as we saw on Raw, there's something going on with Elias.

As to the Intercontinental Championship match, I didn't have any problem with Strowman vs. the Miz but I also, most certainly, have no complaints about Miz vs. Rollins vs. Balor. They had a helluva triple threat match IC title #1 contenders on the May 1st episode of Raw last year, which WWE.com ranked as the 10th best match of the year, and it's really a prime spot for them at this point in time.

As for Strowman, I just can't see Elias being his WrestleMania opponent. I don't really see any way that they can stretch out this program for another 5 weeks and keep it interesting and it'd be such a friggin' waste of Braun Strowman. I like Elias' schtick, but we've seen Strowman destroy him so many times already. Braun Strowman is an example, a rare one at that, of someone who comes along every so often who just hits everything at the right time. Whenever he's got an opportunity, he makes the most of it and the fans love it. For whatever reason that I can't wrap my head around, however, Vince is bound and determined to give Reigns yet another mega WrestleMania moment. I'm not hating on Reigns, he's world's better than he used to be and he's been in some really good programs over the past year or so, but it's obvious that Strowman is someone fans WANT to cheer for and like cheering for.

Strowman being shoehorned into the Universal Championship picture may not be a pretty piece of creative, if it's something they ultimately wind up doing, but I don't believe most people will mind, especially if it meant that Strowman won the Universal Championship.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes Dave liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No. I don't like this either. I want to see Lesnar vs Reigns as I Believe they had a killer match that needs an ending. What the fuck are they even doing?

They've been building up Lesnar 4 years now, only to have his final match be a triple threat, meaning that the only person to have beaten him one on one in these 4 years clean, was Goldberg. WOW. Great job WWE.

If they wanted a different main event, they should have had Lesnar drop the belt in a screw-ey fashion and then go on to lose to Reigns one on one. No triple threats.

Am I the only one that is irritated by the fact that RAW has entered the final course, and they STILL haven't figured out plans for their top stars???

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't think that Elias is the Mania opponent for Strowman either. You can say what you want about the WWE but they know that Braun is a star waiting to happen and they have did a good job of bulling him up from nothing. They've given him massive spot after massive spot and matches against some of the best that Raw has to offer. Mania is their massive spotlight every year and I do think they'll have it in their minds that Strowman needs a big opponent and a big moment. I don't think Elias satisfies that craving.

For me, the feud with Elias is nothing more than a quick angle before something is really set up for Strowman. Mania is 6 weeks away and a lot can happen in that time. I don't see Strowman being added to the Mania main event if I am being honest. He deserves it but I can't see the WWE putting that before the Reigns Experiment part 4. That said, Strowman should have a big match. I still haven't given up on the hope of Cena versus Strowman but that's a personal opinion.

All I know is that Elias won't be the one.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There are only two matches worthy of Braun Strowman for Wrestlemania.

Either he is inserted into the main event against Lesnar and Reigns or he is the one to square up to (and hopefully crush) John "I have no match at Wrestlemania" Cena. Him interrupting Cena's latest 'boo-hoo' promo would be wonderful.

As much as I like Elias, he is way beneath Braun at this point and it would be a crying shame for Strowman to be relegated to a complete sideshow when he is the hottest thing going on RAW for the second Mania in a row. The only other thing I could palate would be is Samoa Joe is cleared to go for a good old fight with Strowman (or Cena for that matter).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This isn't a good idea for one reason, Reigns will need another crowning moment some where down the line and does anyone really want to be in this position next year when he's going to face The Rock or someone else, because this time will work! I'd just have him beat Brock this year, have a six or seven month reign and then have Braun beat him.

The latest rumor going about for Strowman is that he will be part of the Intercontinental Championship match and that it'll be a Fatal Fiveway with Miz defending against Rollins, Balor, Strowman and Elias. To me, it's imminently preferable to wasting Strowman in a singles match against Elias.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    The latest rumor going about for Strowman is that he will be part of the Intercontinental Championship match and that it'll be a Fatal Fiveway with Miz defending against Rollins, Balor, Strowman and Elias. To me, it's imminently preferable to wasting Strowman in a singles match against Elias.
    That just screams of lazy booking - indeed they'll probably throw another body or two in there and give it the ladder match stipulation that tends to plague Mania these days.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As much as I'd love to see Strowman winning the title (which he should be doing), I'd much rather just have Reigns spear Lesnar into oblivion and win the title so we can move on to ANYTHING ELSE besides Reigns needing his latest crowning moment. Let Reigns get the title back so Strowman can move on to another chance, meaning that way there's reason to believe he can win. I'd rather they go that way than to have Strowman in there as a warm body with no chance of taking the title.

Thread Information