Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AEW Dynamite 10/9

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    Hahaha now taking shots at the mandible claw.
    It's not taking shots, she's a dentist..

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    It's not taking shots, she's a dentist..
    â??A real dentist using a real mandible claw.â?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hype for this show died pretty quickly

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wonder how bloody theyâ??ll go when they actually do get to hardcore matches.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Sports EVILtainer View Post
    Hasnâ??t been bad so far I think. Problem is, with the second airing, most people who would be here are likely watching NXT and will switch to watch AEW after.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dynamite
    Date: October 9, 2019
    Commentators: Tony Schiavone, Jim Ross, Excalibur

It’s the second week and that means we are in for something that might be more important than the debut episode. You can have as good of an opener as you want, but if you don’t get the fans to stick around, it isn’t going to matter all that much. The ratings and audience are going to be interesting after this week so let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

The More Important Show

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    Hasn’t been bad so far I think. Problem is, with the second airing, most people who would be here are likely watching NXT and will switch to watch AEW after.
    Yeah I was wondering how many people knew there was an immediate replay. That's how I watched Nitro back in the day as it aired again after Raw.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Sports EVILtainer View Post
    Oh we're here. Some of us are still suffering from the HIAC LD tho.

AEW with another fun show.

I thought they delivered a pretty good show overall, though I don't believe it was quite as good as last week.

The opening match in the AEW World Tag Team Championship tournament featured the Young Bucks vs. Private Party. I gave the match 3.5 stars as it was a good outing that told a good story with the young upstarts coming up and upsetting the established Bucks. This match was quite tolerable and more than a bit toned down from some of the goofy, shenanigan filled spotfests some Bucks matches are. These Bucks are more along the lines of how they behaved in New Japan while they acted much goofier in ROH, so you never really know which one you're gonna get. The pace wasn't some nonstop, warp speed slide down a mountain and it told a good story, though the commentators telegraphed the ending talking about the Bucks possibly being in a bit of a funk since they lost to the Lucha Bros. and were being more aggressive here than normal. Still, putting over the younger team was a nice way to go here as it shows that AEW is interested in building and establishing talent and not just using them to prop up the Elite.

Jericho's promo segment was well done, though I thought it went a bit longer than it needed to. Jericho is energized and refreshed, and his little dig at WWE to shut down the "We the People" chants when he introduced Hager got the sort of response he wanted. While Sammy Guevara feels sort of like the odd man out in Inner Circle, what he, LAX, Swagger & Guevara are calling themselves, it makes sense as you've got the former LAX as an established tag team, Jericho & Hager are both former World Champions and veterans while Hager is also the bruiser of the group and Guevara is the young, hungry turk of the group.

Darby Allin vs. Jimmy Havoc didn't really do much for me. I thought it was a decent 2.5 star match but nothing to write home about. Neither guy really made all that much of an impression on me and just seem lile they're mostly just there. Allin winning this bout gives him a title shot at Jericho next week so maybe this will be what puts the kid over the top. If he can't pull out something special with Jericho, then it just ain't gonna happen and he's just not as good as the hype says he is.

Britt Baker & Riho vs. Bea Priestly & Sakura I thought was around 2.75 stars, I enjoyed it a bit more than Allin vs. Havoc though I'm not really blown away yet by any woman I've seen in AEW so far. Britt Baker seems like a natural star babyface while Riho strikes me as being women's champion because of Kenny Omega more than anything else. Not that she doesn't have ability or anything, it's just that I look around AEW and I see women who bring more to the table overall, quite a few in fact, than Riho so it makes me wonder if she's the champion only because she's a protégé of Kenny Omega.

John Moxley vs. Shawn Spears was a pretty good 3 star bout. Some decent action, pretty much what I expected when I saw this match advertised. However, I'm just not seeing anything special whatsoever about Spears. He just strikes me as the same average talent he was in WWE, he's just using a different name.

Dustin Rhodes & Hangman Page vs. Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara I thought was about 3 stars as well. This is one of thos matches where the goal was primarily for Jericho to get the best of Dustin, maybe beat the crap out of Dustin in order to further the build for their title match at Full Gear. Some fun action with the expected interference from Hager, allowing Jericho and Guevara to score the win after Jericho hits the Judas Effect on Dustin. The comes the beatdown, Cody coming to help, Santana & Ortiz taking him out then the Young Bucks making the save them, etc..

Commentary on this show still feels flat to me, it just doesn't have very much energy and it mostly just comes across like a couple of guys talking on a podcast or something.

Overall, a pretty good show. Nothing bad went down, the wrestling action was pretty good overall and they're moving right along. I give the show a C+.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    These are strange times. The past few weeks have been my first real foray into NXT and gun to my head I think AEW is doing a better job explaining who some of these people are better than WWE is for the new viewers.

Thread Information