During the press conference WWE had today, they announced officially Velasquez vs. Lesnar and Braun Strowman taking on Tyson Fury at the Crown Jewel event on October, 31st.

WWE has taken us down this road quite a few times in which a celebrity has a match at a big show against one of the WWE wrestlers. Unlike most cases, however, this is a match where the celebrity is also a sports star, said sports star happening to be the lineal World Heavyweight Boxing Champion, the Gypsy King, Tyson Fury.

Fury has something of a controversial past. Like Conor McGregor, Fury is a guy who has something of a big mouth, doesn't mind shooting it off and courts controversy. He has a known history of making anti-gay, anti-transgender and even a few anti-Semitic comments here and there. Fury is said to be a practicing Catholic and has publicly apologized for these comments in the past, leading a lot of people to believe that he's mostly just something of media whore as it goes along with various antics of his such as showing up to a press conference driving a Lamborghini while wearing a Batman costume. Fury has stated that he's had problems with drug and alcohol, has been diagnosed with depression and has tried to self-medicate over the years, something he's been openly and willingly talking about since before his bout with Deontay Wilder last year and he seems to have turned a corner as he's been a good boy it seems.

I've got no interest in this as I've no desire to see WWE use another of its stars, one of the most over in the company at that, as some sort of pet monkey for the benefit of some outside celebrity, even if said celebrity is pretty much just 1 title away from being the undisputed World Heavyweight Boxing Champion. The match will almost certainly be pure shit as Fury, to my knowledge, knows next to nothing about pro wrestling and it's mostly just for spectacle and Vince courting more mainstream press.