Thread: Crown Jewel - Seth Rollins vs The Fiend - Universal Title (Falls Count Anywhere)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Crown Jewel - Seth Rollins vs The Fiend - Universal Title (Falls Count Anywhere)

I know WWE wants to right the wrong of the HIAC ending, but when you're that wrong, give it up. I'm ready to move past this feud and get Wyatt and Rollins far away from each other. Unfortunately this seems to be another lose-lose situation.

Wyatt doesn't need the title because being the champion means he'll be much more featured. That's a great idea in theory as he's probably the hottest star in the company, but he would quickly become overexposed. He'll have to appear on both shows since he was drafted to Smackdown, further overexposing him and making the draft even more pointless.

However as much as Wyatt doesn't need to win, he definitely can't lose. No matter what nonsense WWE or anyone else tries to say, wins and losses absolutely matter. Wyatt shouldn't lose for at least a year, but he won't and shouldn't stay champion that long. WWE could get the belt off him without him actually losing, but after the HIAC ending, does anyone trust WWE to pull that off?

We all know WWE will screw up Wyatt like they always do (and they already have to a certain extent), so why not save some time and have Rollins win here? At least that won't get our hopes up. Yes I'm being negative, but (just in case I haven't made this clear) THIS COMPANY DID A REFEREE STOPPAGE INSIDE HELL IN A CELL!!! I think I have a right to be negative lol.

Well, here's the thing with Wyatt. In order for fans to keep being into him in the long run, he has to win big matches. He's can't just wrestle every 3 or 4 months like Brock Lesnar does and while that might mean exposing him on TV more, there's no way around it.

If Wyatt loses to Seth Rollins, then it's gonna hurt him as a lot of fans are already tired of Wyatt having lost so many big matches. The Fiend is fresh and is probably the best gimmick in wrestling right now and while Wyatt doesn't have to wrestle every single week or anything like that, he's going to have to start winning and holding championships or fans will just go on griping about him being misused just as they were doing when he was doing his cult leader character.

I'd have Wyatt win the title and trade him to Raw and give him a long run with the title. One thing I'd actually consider doing, if all parties involved were up to it, would be to do a title vs. career match at WrestleMania with Wyatt taking on the Undertaker. Build Wyatt up as champion, have Taker return sometime after the Royal Rumble, he mentions how it's been a long time since the Dead Man had some gold around his waist, etc. and I think it could be a great pass the torch sort of moment because even Taker is getting to a point where he just can't do it in singles matches. The match itself probably wouldn't be a classic; in fact, I'd go so far as to say that Wyatt should almost squash Taker in the most decisive defeat of Taker's career. There are plenty of ways WWE can elevate Wyatt, they're just going to have to be willing to make sacrifices as somebody has got to lose in a decisive manner every once in a damn while.

As for this match, just like HIAC, it has the potential for greatness or it can be a total disaster. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst in this case as I just don't have much faith in Vince anymore
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information