Thread: Fastlane - US Championship

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fastlane - US Championship

Bobby Roode (c) versus Randy Orton

Very surprised that Jinder Mahal hasn't been added to this match yet. Even more surprising that he's been an integral part of the feud and yet doesn't seem to be getting anywhere near the match. Unless that changes next week, I've got to think that Orton will go on to win the match at Fastlane. If the match becomes a triple threat, I see Roode retaining the Championship until Mania at least.

Either way, I'm struggling to get hyped about this match and this feud. All three are top tier guys that should be capable of navigating a good feud. But this one hasn't really gotten off the ground. I don't know what it is but this match just sint doing the business for me. I'd like to see Roode retain and get a good match at Mania but there aren't a lot of good options out there.

Mahal has been found out as a Champion, it'd be a mistake have him win this match if he's even added in the first place. But Orton makes a much better chaser than he does a champion. I guess this match is up in the air and will be ultimately hard to predict. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Glorious result, however.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I can see them adding Mahal so he can eat the pin. Roode retains, Orton comes out on Smackdown and says he didn't get beat, setting up the one on one match at Mania.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is somewhat interesting but Roode vs. Orton feels more like a Wrestlemania match to me. Roode doesn't need to lose the title yet, but as long as it doesn't set up Mahal getting the title shot in New Orleans, everything is fine. A win over Orton would give Roode some momentum and it's not like Orton is going to be hurt by another loss. This could be fun and it's one of the things I'm looking forward to on the card. Until they make it another multi-man match of course but you know that's likely.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thank God, there's no Jinder Mahal to ruin an interesting match-up. I just hope that Roode gets this big win. Even if he turns heel to get it. We all know, a heel turn shall make Roode work better.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    Thank God, there's no Jinder Mahal to ruin an interesting match-up. I just hope that Roode gets this big win. Even if he turns heel to get it. We all know, a heel turn shall make Roode work better.
    I really don't see why they would take the title off of Roode this close to WrestleMania. Of all the matches at Fastlane, I think this match is the most likely to result in the Champion retaining. Mostly because I think Mahal will be added to the match for WrestleMania and somehow cost Orton the match at Fastlane. At Mania though, it's anyone's guess as to who comes away with the belt. All I know is that this seems like the start of a feud and not the end.

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Whether it happens at Fastlane or Mania, Orton is winning the belt simply because it's the only one he hasn't won. They did the same thing with Jericho last year.

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information