Thread: WWE stars unhappy Seth Rollins took heat for the HIAC ending?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WWE stars unhappy Seth Rollins took heat for the HIAC ending?

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/ww...ll-main-event/

It's no secret Rollins hasn't been as popular among the hardcore fans as he was. The HIAC ending certainly didn't help, and a few WWE wrestlers are upset that Seth is taking heat when it was WWE's decision.

We've seen this before several times. Roman Reigns was booed for years due to his booking. It's unfortunate for the wrestlers, but WWE has to put them in a position to succeed. They haven't done that with Rollins lately, and we're seeing the effects.

2. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That wasn't on Rollins. That was 100% bookings fault.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He's the one acting like a cunt about it on Twitter so...

Like just about everyone else, I panned the HIAC ending but I never put the blame on Rollins or Wyatt. Every report I've read about it says the thing was entirely Vince's call and, like professionals, Rollins and Wyatt did their jobs.

Did Rollins lash out on Twitter? Sure he did, the guy's only human and I imagine it gets old constantly having to defend yourself from the relentless negativity and generally trollish behavior that dominates Twitter. The man does bust his ass, he does try his best but all people seem to want to do is forget about all the great stuff he's done, focus on one match ending that he had no creative input or say over and try to pretend that it overshadows everything else. So yeah, I'm not at all surprised he lashed out about it as it's probably the straw that broke the camel's back. Social media in general is a cesspool of negativity and hate, which is why the closest I get to it is posting on a forum or two.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Fans have pretty much already turned on Seth Rollins, the HIAC ending just allowed people to legitimize their dislike of him.

I honestly don't know who's at fault for why fans end up turning on every main event face the WWE produces. Part of me thinks it's horrendous booking, part of me thinks it's just modern day wrestling fans being modern day wrestling fans, and part of me thinks it's because nobody knows how to play a really compelling face anymore and the ones that do (like Kevin Owens), are fucking neutered by management every few months. Or the advent of social media. Either way, this was bound to happen. And in a year or so, it'll happen to Becky Lynch too.

Quote Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
    Fans have pretty much already turned on Seth Rollins, the HIAC ending just allowed people to legitimize their dislike of him.

I honestly don't know who's at fault for why fans end up turning on every main event face the WWE produces. Part of me thinks it's horrendous booking, part of me thinks it's just modern day wrestling fans being modern day wrestling fans, and part of me thinks it's because nobody knows how to play a really compelling face anymore and the ones that do (like Kevin Owens), are fucking neutered by management every few months. Or the advent of social media. Either way, this was bound to happen. And in a year or so, it'll happen to Becky Lynch too.
    There are times in which booking is horrendous but, as a whole, Rollins has been booked pretty well in my opinion. He hasn't been told to act like some cartoon character, as we saw with Cena sometimes, he hasn't been booked into saying completely atrocious things that no grown man could say, such as we've seen with Roman Reigns, and his in-ring quality has been consistently good. Rollins does suffer from what almost every other wrestler on the roster suffers from in that he's not allowed to be organic and yes, it's affected him because how could it not?

Sometimes, I do think it's honestly just the fans because, let's face it, modern fans are beyond fickle and look for any sort of excuse to engage in trollish behavior. For instance, HIAC could've been a gore packed bloodbath that went 30 minutes, leaving both guys at the point of exhaustion, the Cell being in shambles, both Rollins & Wyatt having beaten the piss out of each other, everything they have had been put into the match and there would STILL be complaints about it. I mean, it could've been right up there with Taker vs. HBK or Taker vs. Mankind and still...still you'd have fans bitching about something, nitpicking or finding some little thing to gripe about.

There are LOTS of wrestlers on the roster who know how to do compelling babyfaces, most just aren't really allowed to as it goes back to the whole organic deal. In NXT, Sami Zayn was a fantastic babyface and he could be again if he was allowed to be on Raw or SmackDown. Johnny Gargano has been a fantastic babyface in NXT but on Raw or SmackDown, he'd be under the creative thumb of people with completely different ideas and he wouldn't be allowed to be Johnny Wrestling anymore, or at least not for the most part. Rollins does okay, in my opinion, with the overly scripted approach but he's capable of a lot more, and so are quite a few, but they're not really allowed to be. To be fair, however, some guys just aren't that good on the mic no matter what, such as Ricochet, while some look to be able to do quite well, scripted or otherwise, like the Street Profits or Aleister Black. Probably the guy who could be WWE's truly best babyface is Daniel Bryan because he's so genuine. Even during times when he's been saddled with the scripted promo, he's been able to make it work and he's kept that organic feel even while he's been a heel, at least for the most part, and the fact that he actually has some creative control over himself as part of his contract can only help him. However, all ultimately have the issue of Vince or Kevin Dunn setting certain limits or putting them into situations that don't really fit them. After all, Bobby Lashley is a legit badass, he's 43 years old but has the muscular physique that a man half his age would kill to have but hasn't been used to a 10th of his potential since his return and probably won't be.

Conan Of Cimmeria

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In this instance, "fans would have complained anyways" is an incredibly bad defense and it really doesn't make the outcome of a bad match better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spider Can Run. View Post
    In this instance, "fans would have complained anyways" is an incredibly bad defense and it really doesn't make the outcome of a bad match better.
    Oh there's no defending the ending of HIAC. It's about the worst ending for this sort of match you could imagine, barring someone actually getting severely, severely injured or worse. Also, and I haven't seen this mentioned a whole lot, the friggin' red light on during the entire match didn't help things one little bit. That shit needs to be nipped immediately.

But, the ire of the fans should go to Vince rather than Rollins and Wyatt as wrestlers can only do what they're told. Right now, maybe certain guys can break away from the plan over in AEW since Tony Khan comes off more like a money mark than a CEO, but that's not gonna fly with Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Way back, during Cena vs. Punk on Raw, they performed the first piledriver in WWE in years, and the only one since, and the old man damn near stroked out. Punk and Cena got off easy, if I remember correctly, as Vince really, really needed them at the top but there's no telling how he'd reac to Rollins and Wyatt going into business for themselves to avoid what they believe is a lousy ending, and they had to feel that way about this. As for Rollins going off on Twitter, Rollins comes off as a pretty laid back, level headed guy IRL but, as I said, everybody's got a breaking point and him lashing out on Twitter at people constantly getting on his case over this has caused him to blow his top somewhat.

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    But, the ire of the fans should go to Vince rather than Rollins and Wyatt as wrestlers can only do what they're told.
    Wouldn't this have also applied to Reigns?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rollins is Jeff Hardy minus the face paint and meth. The reason he sucks as a face is because he looks like a prick. He has this smarmy face. He has the move set of a face but he does nothing to endear himself to the crowd.

All we hear him say is burn it down which is retarded. If you remember back to when The Shield were hot, the 2 people that were spoke about as Main Eventers were Dean and Roman. Rollins was the flashy guy with no personality and he hasn't evolved as a character.

Thread Information