Thread: Fastlane - Smackdown Tag Team Championships

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fastlane - Smackdown Tag Team Championships

The Usos (c) versus The New Day

Another match that I'm not very interested in seeing, quite frankly. That said, both teams are very capable of putting on a fantastic match. The New Day have been very good in recent months and have really turned opinions on their heads about them. But, for me, The New Day are beginning to flounder. There is nothing better for them to do, I get it. They are a good tag team with a big following, I get that too. But now more than ever, I am starting to think that the New Day need to go their separate ways.

With Mania on the horizon, it'll be interesting to see how the WWE approaches the result of this match. I think The Usos have been very good as Champions and deserve the right to head into Mania as Champions. But the WWE have a lot of faith in The New Day, that much is obvious. It's a pretty unpredictable match between these two but that's not the issue.

My main issue is that the shtick of the New Day is getting really old. Every match I see with them in now really bores me. I know they're not designed with people like me in mind but I'm concerned that they win the match.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm thinking along the lines that The Uso's win here and go on to face The Bluegeon Brothers at WM 34.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm not sure what to expect storyline wise here, but I'm really hoping that the Bludgeon Brothers aren't added to the match. Let them massacre the winners, but there's no need in having them show up here and beat people up when it's not even going to get them enough of the focus that they deserve.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think its safe to say that Usos/Bludgeon Brothers is set for New Orleans. They've made such a big deal out of the fact that the Usos haven't had a Mania match on the main card and they deserve it. Although it means New Day is probably stuck in the battle royal.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The only other option for Wrestlemania would be a triple threat between Usos, BB and New Day.

Personally, for all the Usos' complaints about never making the main Mania card, I find that a match between Usos and Bludgeon Brothers has all the hallmarks of being shifted to the pre-show again. The presence of the New Day might make that less likely.

That said, I think the New Day in and potentially one of them winning the ATGBR would give them a story going forward, either uniting behind say Big E and going after the US title or leading to some difficulties within the group.

Thread Information