Thread: Jordan Myles & His T-Shirt

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jordan Myles & His T-Shirt

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...nd-roh-661366/

So Jordan Myles the former ACH has been saying some stuff on Twitter recently

Initially it was displeasure at a t-shirt design that was made for him

He claimed it invoked blackface which is a racially insensitive caricature form. WWE responded by saying Myles approved the design. Myles then said he had been shown the design, felt uncomfortable about it, but felt Triple H had already approved. He talked to Triple H who thought he (Myles) had approved it.

He then went on to say that WWE don't care about black performers, talking about Hulk Hogan being employed by WWE again.

He also attacked ROH for only allowing one African-American to be the top guy (Jay Lethal) and calling him an 'Uncle Tom'. Uncle Tom being a term used against someone who is willingly subservient to someone of a different race (think Samuel L. Jackson in Django)

Now as someone who has black heritage I initially thought the design just sucked. Even after the blackface comparisons were made I found it difficult to make out. I showed my parents and my sister and all of them couldn't see the connections initially. However after it was pointed they could kind of see it. However people will see different things when you show them a design (for example when my mum sees the Batman logo with the yellow oval she sees baby teeth) one of the comments had someone thought they were trying to mimic the Joker. And supposedly the design was supposed to be based on the Rolling Stones logo.

A lot of people couldn't see the blackface connection either and also just thought the design sucked. And others say it shows the inherent racism that is still in WWE because it got approved. I don't know either way but I can understand Myles wanting to talk about it if he felt it was disrespectful.

Now him going off on Jay Lethal just seems out of left field and has an undercurrent of jealousy as if he (Myles) felt he should have been in that position when he was in ROH.

Titus O'Neil sent out a tweet agreeing about the shirt being distasteful but also saying he shouldn't be venting about ROH or Lethal
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...uation-661385/

What do you guys think? Does Myles have a point or is he blowing this way out of proportion?

Personally I can understand having a problem with the shirt. If he saw something insensitive in the design I get it. But at the same time him going off on WWE and ROH (especially Jay Lethal) just makes it seem he's jealous of not being higher up on the card and is using the shirt as an excuse.

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't think the design was intentional, but someone has to step in and reject it. WWE should've just apologized and moved on.

Myles has handled the situation pretty badly. He comes off as very bitter, especially with the Jay Lethal comment.

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Jordan Myles O.Ked the design. He didn't like that the shirt was black. Dude won't last acting like this.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The more interesting story is that he ok'd it so he could then cause a rumpus.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What a victim mentality. I couldn't even make the connection till looked closer. Change the writing to green. Problem solved .

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    But it isn't green and it does look like smiling blackface.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm half-convinced this dude is working everybody including his employers. If so, he's about to work himself out of a career. But how an entire damn company can OK a shirt that looks like that is baffling to me. Nobody at all saw how that design could be misconstrued? Dummy move on WWE's part. Dummy move on Jordan Myles' part doing whatever he's trying to do.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't think it should be this big a deal but I can see why others would.

Thread Information