Thread: Hi again...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi again...

I left for a good while as I lost most of my interest in wrestling and began attending university, but since the launch of AEW, I feel I've finally found a product worth supporting again. They've got all the makings to really put the WWE against the wall, so long as they continue to keep their core audience and also generate interest from outside the IWC sphere.

WWE is in a sad state of affairs right now. Despite having a myriad of talent, the misuse of them has been nothing but disheartening, and I really wish AEW makes a few worthwhile steals in the coming years, perhaps to gear up to challenge the flagship shows head-on in the future.

I just want to apologise to the fed, and to everyone here for my past actions mainly, the former for flaking time and time again. Suffice to say, I won't be wasting your time with another application, at least not at the moment, as you simply deserve better than me at the moment, and I have very little time to make a character work in the fed right now (however, I am still interested in following it). The latter is for my overtly political behaviour in the past and needlessly driving a wedge between people due to my own sense of self-righteousness.

I'll try to stick around and contribute how I can, I've really wanted a good place to come and talk about AEW, and I figured there's no better place than here.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was watch Chael Sonnen fan questions on YouTube today and one guy mentioned he was lured back in by AEW as he heard it would be similar to the AE.

He went on to say that what he saw was a bunch of choreographed stuntmen flipping and flopping about.

That is basically the state of Pro Wrestling right now.

Choreographed stuntmen on one side and Sports Entertainers on the other side.

3. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tea View Post
    I was watch Chael Sonnen fan questions on YouTube today and one guy mentioned he was lured back in by AEW as he heard it would be similar to the AE.

He went on to say that what he saw was a bunch of choreographed stuntmen flipping and flopping about.

That is basically the state of Pro Wrestling right now.

Choreographed stuntmen on one side and Sports Entertainers on the other side.
    I mean, wrestling is essentially choreographed stunts. It's a blend between fully scripted serials and sporting events.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

5. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I always thought Sonnen would make a great heel wrestler, he's got the intelligence, definitely has the mouth, pedigree and skill.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

7. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He definitely would ha e been. Hes a very smart guy when it comes to working an audience.

9. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post
    Welcome back Sir, and while you might not have meant to turn this into an AEW appreciation thread, I'm inspired to give my two cents .

We're not all Kenny Omega fans on here, but dammit, he's grown on me. I really think that having Kenny Omega is what makes AEW capable of outpacing the WWE.

There's a certain taint on performers who've worked for the WWE. For most; anything they do is often scrutinized as just being derivative of their WWE persona. Just taking a paycheck from Vince practically tattoos "VINCE MCMAHON GUY" on your forehead. Kenny is pure to the extent that developmental territories are a moot factor when considering if someone has worked for Vince McMahon before. Add to all that the fact that Kenny is damn good in the ring, to me he's what would happen if Dolph Ziggler cared about making his opponent look good (and was infinitely better on his own).

When I watch Cody, I see the knobby-knee dork-ass who's most extensive character depth involved passing out paper bags to audience members. When I see Chris Jericho, I see a socialite whose main justification for being popular is because he just is and you might as well accept it.

I've never really followed Kenny Omega, and I doubt that very many US fans have followed him as well. He's fresh, and he has over a decade of experience. Add that he's apparently an uber-nerd in an age where uber-nerds are using their capabilities to scare society into complete submission, and you have yourself the second coming of Daniel Bryan.

The WWE apparently can't offer Kenny enough money to switch teams, and this attitude on part of Kenny seems to stem from abuse that Kenny received on part of Bill "eating jelly donuts from my ass will make you wrestle better" DeMott and Bob "my greatest accomplishment as a wrestler was a book" Holly. Here's an idea for those of us who have the opportunity to shape young minds that are about to inherit the world; try being a little fucking nicer you worthless asshole *head pat*. It's probably damn endearing to Kenny that he's now selling tickets for a company that threatens to hit WWE stock like a thousand plane rides from Hell.

There's more performers that haven't done anything significant in WWE (Pentagon Jr., Frankie Kazarian, etc.), but Kenny seems to be that guy that the world is going to watch no matter what he's doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

11. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information