Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do you/don't you want the Undertaker to return?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The way his last match ended, laying his gear down in the middle of the ring, leaving through the floor arm held high, thereĆ¢??s no need to add anything else to that.

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The only reason I would want to see Undertaker back is at a Hall of Fame ceremony as himself. His time in the ring has obviously expired years ago. His ending last year with taking off his ring gear in the middle of the ring and letting the torch be passed to a younger wrestler is the perfect ending to his career. Why would anyone want that ending shit all over? We all saw how old he looked in the ring, kudos to him for even putting himself through that, but it's just not fun to watch anymore. It's at a point where fans would only want to see him for pure nostalgic reasons, that's fine, his Mania Entrances are some of the best ever, but once that bell rings it's just not worth it.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If, IF, Undertaker comes back, I'll be watching as intently as I've ever watched. 'Taker is everything to me that the wrestling business is and should be. Mystique, awe, showmanship, respect, loyalty, hard work, etc. All of that is what the Undertaker is. So if he comes back, I'll be the same as I was when I was a kid watching him. I'll cheer, I'll laugh, and if he looks like he did last year, I'll cry, again...

That's the only reason I wouldn't want him to come back. If he's so broken down that he can't perform that reverse Tombstone that he's done his entire career, then he shouldn't wrestle. I haven't rewatched his match from last year because it's hard to get through, but I don't remember him doing Old School either. If he can't do what makes him Undertaker anymore, then leave it at that. I've always said that I don't want my all time favorite wrestler to come out and be like Hogan near the end or Flair near the end. He deserves better than that and has more than earned enough respect from his peers for them to tell him that.

I'll watch 'Taker if he comes back and I'll be as excited as ever, but please, don't come back if you can't do it anymore. I'm sure, if he decided to call it quits and go out on what was a horrible showing last year, he'll still have the love and respect of the fans. I don't want him to ruin that almighty perception of the Undertaker that we all have.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Roman vs Undertaker match had two big botches both being Undertaker's fault. The first one was when Taker took Roman for the Last Ride, and he couldn't lift him up completely, so it ended up more like a power bomb. The second one was when they went for a Tombstone. Roman had to deliver it, but Taker couldn't find the right balance or momentum to help Roman lift him.

Watching Taker not being able to wrestle was heartbreaking. He's not getting any stronger, faster or more agile. He's 51-52 y.o.

I want to see Undertaker come back because he's a spectacle. But if he can't be that spectacle then he should rest. I want THE UNDERTAKER, not a washed up wrestling in a wheelchair guy.

5. Likes SSJPhenom liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Undertaker is done. Can't go any more. He proved that at Mania last year. Let him Rest In Peace.

If he was dead set on returning, then there's only one way I'd be OK with it. If we got this Taker back (skip to 1:10):
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Because it's sad.

He proved last year he can't go like he used to and all that does is ruin the great memories he helped build as we grew up.

Not to mention him coming back would shit all over the epic ending to his match with Reigns last year. As much as a part of me wouldn't mind seeing him again an even bigger part just wants hin to stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Last year, I stood up in Camping World Stadium and watched Undertaker lose his match to Roman Reigns. After it was over, he put on his ring gear and then took it back off, laying the Undertaker to rest in the middle of the ring. Mark Callaway looked around the stadium, went outside to kiss his wife, and went down through the ramp, leaving the wars of the ring behind for good.

I do not need nor do I want to see that reversed.
    First and formost, this is the primary reason why. Taker did EVERYTHING but come right out and say "Hello, my name's Mark Callaway. I've been a professional wrestler since 1984 and I just wrestled my last match." It was a simple and elegant way to put the "Undertaker" to rest and while it may not have had the sort of "supernatural" pomp I'd have liked, it still worked.

Secondly, Taker's matches just aren't good anymore. I've read various articles over the years in which Taker allegedly says he's done when he gets to the point where he can't go in the ring anymore at that certain level and, in my opinion, that time has come and gone. I love that he still has a desire to do it, even if it's just a single match at the biggest show of the year, but the wear and tear of wrestling really, really caught up to him with a vengeance for much of the last decade. Taker was known to put off taking time off to get surgery to fix nagging injuries, to work through pain to such a degree that everything ultimately just sort of caught up with him. All those old hurts coupled with an aging body, at times, prevents him from really even being able to work out and his move set is severely limited now because the impact of such moves, such as the leaping clothesline or Old School are really hard on his hips and knees.

Given all that plus the reports that Taker isn't working WrestleMania, which is part of why WWE is willing to give Mysterio such a big money deal and limited schedule to face Cena, it just seems like a perfect opportunity just to quietly end things. Let him show up next year to be the headliner for the WWE Hall of Fame induction, maybe make an appearance on very rare occasions, like special episodes of Raw, and not run the risk of tarnishing his legacy. The streak is dead, his body just isn't up to the task of putting on entertaining matches anymore, he's a multi-time World Champion, has the respect of just about every kind of wrestling fan so there's just no real need for another match.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

9. Likes Wildcat66, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information