Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AEW 11/6

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

AEW 11/6

Guys name is just Trent? No. That doesnâ??t work.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I love all the things they have added to the world title match, the first being the time limit judges thing and now Cody's announcement.

It's almost as if they realized Chris Jericho VS Cody Rhodes didnt sound too exciting.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah but now, whether he wins the belt or not, you already know heâ??s not losing the match.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    About time we got some Kong.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dynamite
    Date: November 6, 2019
    Commentators: Excalibur, Jim Ross, Tony Schiavone

We’re back in Flair Country this week and it’s the go home show for Full Gear. Therefore, Chris Jericho is wrestling again because he does that quite often. In theory we should get some more matches announced for the show tonight as there are only five matches for the regular pay per view card so far. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Great In Multiple Places

6. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    I just can't make myself care about Cody going after the World Championship. In some ways, it sort of reminds me of WWE trying to manufacture these big moments for Roman Reigns during the time when a lot of fans were sick of the company constantly pushing him. There are differences, of course, in that AEW fans have embraced Cody and AEW is using sentiment to bring this about rather than feverishly shoving it upon people but it still feels like a "fake" big moment for me. For one, given all the various circumstances and stipulations surrounding the main event, you know that Cody is going to win the match; I mean, if he doesn't and then turns around in a few months and uses some sort of bullshit logic or technicality like Vince will use in storylines from time to time, it'll just make AEW come across as lazy or uncaring about continuity. Also, it's Cody's company and he's got all the power in the world to book himself as champ for as many times and for as long as he wants. I mean...to me, it just feels like it would if Triple H went to Vince and told him he wanted another run as WWE Champion. If Cody had spent years working the independent scene, if he hadn't already earned a fortune by spending a decade in WWE, hadn't used his status coming out of WWE to help make himself a major player on the indie scene, somehow founded AEW with the help of the Bucks and Omega, still managed to get Tony Khan to financially back the company, had spent a long time building the company up and hadn't already been a two time World Champion, then this would feel like a great story and a big deal. But, to me, it just feels...artificial, it feels like it's little more than window dressing given the revising of history and Cody poised to become the World Champion of the company he founded only about 2.5 months after the crowning of the first AEW World Champion.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Iâ??m not so quick to jump on Cody winning the belt. Iâ??m hoping theyâ??re smart enough to understand that stipulations like this make match outcomes way too predictable. But the problem there is that would require some screwy finish where he doesnâ??t lose, but doesnâ??t win the belt. I guess it is the safer bet that theyâ??re going for a big, heartfelt moment of him finally winning it. I just wish this stupid stipulation didnâ??t exist.

On the off chance he loses outright, all of this is solved by a heel turn. As boss, he can do what he wants.

9. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cody sold Full Gear and Inner Circle for me last night.

Lol artificial. Some of y'all just looking to pick things apart.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Not at all, it's just shitty storytelling. Fantastic promo from Cody last night, promo of the year IMO, but it's still a crappy set up that people would be ripping the hell out of if the exact same thing was being done over in WWE.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cody, who has obvious clout in the company, is afraid of how he looks in the eyes of the fans for challenging for the World title. This has been his shtick for ages - that guy that indy fans live vicariously through hence the WWE bashing and insider term usage. He cares what marks think. If you took a look in the many comment sections and forums talking negative about Cody then you can see how he came to this conclusion. Since he didn't want to be that guy like the various bookers in wrestling including his dad, he made it to where he can't contest for the title again if he can't beat Jericho.

Not shitty artificial storytelling at all. Least not compared to the other contemporary narratives from other promotions.

Thread Information