Thread: Maybe The Next Lana/Rusev/Lashley Segment Should Be Avoided

Maybe The Next Lana/Rusev/Lashley Segment Should Be Avoided

Even though this coming Monday's episode of Raw was taped, I've avoided reading spoilers but I've talked to a few friends who live in the UK and attended the show I asked them not to spoil it for me but they did tell me that I'd probably do well if I didn't watch the latest in the love triangle storyline. According to my buds, it's beyond bad. In their words "it's right up there with the Sami Zayn interviewing Bobby Lashley's "sisters" bad." That segment is one of the worst in Raw history, the worst one in years and the type of thing that made me embarrassed to be watching Raw.

This storyline hasn't exactly been setting the world in fire but it hasn't been as bad as I thought it'd be, but I have a feeling that's about to change. Vince LOVES this soap opera style shit, absolutely gets off on it though I've no real idea why. Love triangle storylines aren't the most exciting in the first place, but we've already seen Lana in a somewhat similar situation a few years back in a story involving herself, Rusev, Dolph Ziggler and Summer Rae. To no one's surprise, it turned out to be universally panned by just about everyone as the worst story of the year. If this is Heyman's baby, then it's certainly not his best work though, to be fair, if this is Heyman's idea, I wonder how much of it has been cut out and replaced by ideas from Vince. If the segment is THAT bad, maybe WWE will do us a favor and just skip it this week. I know, I know that it's wishful thinking, or maybe even outright foolish on my part to hope Vince would want to spare the audience from watching a travesty.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes N/A liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I imagine it will be bad, but it will probably be forgotten about after a couple of weeks; the standard for god-awful segments seems to be a lot lower over the recent years.

There are some segments like Katie Vick and Hawk getting pushed off the titantron that still leave a sour taste in fan's mouths to this day.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bad is better than bland. In conclusion: it's one of the best things on Raw.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    Bad is better than bland. In conclusion: it's one of the best things on Raw.
    I want to disagree, but sadly you're right.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just a lame storyline.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Doubt this is Vince. Seems like it's straight out of Paul Heyman's playbook. Heyman loves stupid shit like this. The difference between his ECW days and now is this stuff has little chance of working in today's WWE environment. But at least Rusev's being featured. Not sure if this is going to hurt him more than help him though.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Say what you will about these segments, but they are yielding extremely favourable numbers on YouTube. We on a wrestling forum are an opinionated group, but our cross section doesn't cover the entire fandom. The Rusev vs Bobana (yes, Bobana, you heard it here first) will continue so long as those numbers hold.

11. Likes N/A liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know we're meant to suspend believe when watching wrestling but I find this weird. I cant get into the angle onowing that Ruse and Lana are together and its odd that this would be run as a story. If Rusev and Lana dont mind then fair enough.

I find fends and dead men more believable than this.

13. Likes N/A liked this post

Thread Information