Thread: It's Just A Matter Of Time

It's Just A Matter Of Time

At the end of last night's episode of WWE Backstage, CM Punk made his first appearance and said that he'd be appearing on the show periodically. When Punk walked out of WWE nearly 6 years ago, he left anything and everything regarding professional wrestling behind, going to far as to say that he'd just lost his passion for it.

When it was announced that CM Punk wanted to try out for the WWE Backstage program, a tryout that was said by all sources to have gone really well, the writing was on the wall. Now that Punk has made his first official appearance on the show, it's just a matter of time before CM Punk finds himself back inside of a WWE ring. Vince will have to write a lot of zeroes on the check, he'll have to give Punk a lot of creative latitude and, most likely, Punk will wrestle only during the biggest shows of the year but I do believe it'll happen. Punk will be a highly overpaid part timer who is given a sweet and prime spot during the biggest WWE shows of the year, one of the very things he railed and complained about during the last couple of years he was in WWE. It'll be cool to see him in a ring again because, like him or not, he was among the best of the past 20 years or so. He's more than a tad hypocritical but maybe he's had to figure out that his only real future is in pro wrestling. His MMA career was a complete embarrassment, his career working on comic books doesn't seem to have gone far, his acting career comprises competing in or hosting in low level competition reality shows that almost nobody watched and being in a couple of low budget horror films almost nobody will see. Also, maybe Punk needs the money.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Raw in Chicago: C.M Punk comes out, places loses their minds. He cuts a promo, is interrupted by AJ Lee, she comes out with Big Show, says they've been in a relationship for years. C.M Punk quits a week later.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    WWE is a much different place than it was when Punk last wrestled. If you look at both main Champions, you could argue they are both working a perfect schedule that would work for CM Punk. Wrestle at the big PPVs, a prerecorded segment here and there. Show up when and where you want, have a ton of creative freedom, make tons of money.

Similar to John Cena, its easy to criticize those who you are trying to become.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm sure Punk is just fine slowly transitioning back into the WWE. Seriously, he does not need to be back in the ring right now. It isn't a matter of time. Let Punk do what Punk wants to do.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think any wrestling fan worth their salt wants to see Punk back in the ring at some point. He's great in the ring and on the mic. He would instantly be a top draw and would instantly be one of the top stars in the business. I think most of us seeing it play out like this: Punk appears on WWE Backstage, talks about the shows, the matches, the feuds, and slowly but surely he'll start to get that itch again. He'll think about all the cool matches that he could have with some of the talent and all of the cool promos that he could cut on some of the talent. The fans will want him to wrestle more and more and more and so will the WWE. Eventually, WWE will offer him a giant payday and back the Brinks truck up to his house and he'll say yes. Unfortunately, though, this probably can't happen until his contract with Fox is up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I couldn't care less about seeing Punk wrestle again but as it stands Mania could certainly use him.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Seems like a gigantic waste. Like Ultimate Warrior hosting WWE Afterburn.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If I had to guess, I would imagine this is Punk's way of slowly moving back in. He made a big deal of his exit and seems really concerned with maintaining his rep as a "rebel" of some sort, so I imagine he'll let them make the first move. He is definitely a talented guy and I would be lying if I said I didn't want to see him again. I think he wants that one last run and for it to be a big deal. Nothing wrong with that.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information