Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The AEW Thread - A E Dub, A E Dub, A E Dub!!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I love Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Jon Moxley, Brodie Lee, and FTR. Dustin Rhodes and Matt Hardy are fine. Zack Ryder is jumping the shark. They have far too many ex-WWE guys.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't like the constant digs JR takes at AEW's product.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It sucks to say this, but JR is the worst commentator between Raw, SD, and AEW. He's honestly my least favorite thing about AEW.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    I love Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Jon Moxley, Brodie Lee, and FTR. Dustin Rhodes and Matt Hardy are fine. Zack Ryder is jumping the shark. They have far too many ex-WWE guys.
    It?s a double edged sword for AEW. Zack Ryder was, at best, a mid carder in WWE, but he looks the part. Compared to most of AEWs roster though, he?s big, both in size and name. So it helps their brand to bring in someone people know. But at the same time, a large part of AEWs fans are Indy marks who hate WWE. So will it end up hurting them if they get too close to WWE lite? It?s a thin line they?re skirting. If the ex WWE guys can assimilate to AEWs crazy booking of matches, they might be ok.

On a side note, I find it hilarious they finally booked a Tornado Tag match last night, even though all of them have been pretty much that anyway. That 10 man match was just ridiculous. And now we have a 12 man next week.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't like the constant digs JR takes at AEW's product.
    Even tho what he says is true?

7. Likes Miko liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    Even tho what he says is true?
    Yes. Why should I watch a show if the lead commentator is constantly shitting all over it? A commentator should always put over the product.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yes. Why should I watch a show if the lead commentator is constantly shitting all over it? A commentator should always put over the product.
    He's better than Cole though.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

10. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    He's better than Cole though.
    Not anymore, at least I don't think so. Jim Ross today is most certainly not the Jim Ross of old. I understand that some of that is due to the fact he's gotten older, not holding any sort of limits brought about by age against him as it'll get to us all in due time. If that's all it was, I could more than look past it but the passion is gone. Jim Ross doesn't care a tenth about these guys the way he cared about the guys in the WWE. As with New Japan, in some instances, JR isn't all that familiar with some of the AEW talent, I don't think the AEW brass goes out of its way to do what they can to help familiarize JR with the talent. In some instances, as has been mentioned, it sounds like he's crapping all over the product of AEW and, again, maybe that has something to do with age. He's older, he certainly knows what he likes and there are some things regarding AEW that he doesn't like. He's made that clear on a good number of podcast interviews. On one hand, you don't want to stifle someone's right to express themselves the way WWE does when it comes to what signed talent says during interviews of all types. However, there are times where Good Ol' JR goes off the reservation and does have some unkind things to say and that's not something you want your commentators to do.

As for Michael Cole, I've seen examples of Cole outside of Raw or SmackDown where he does a great job. The 2018 Mae Young Classic springs to mind where Cole was enthusiastic and energized in an organic way. Why? Because he didn't have Vince McMahon and/or Kevin Dunn, sometimes simultaneously, screaming into his headphones and feeding him lines. However, Cole's greatness lies in exactly that: being able to maintain that semse of professional calm, being able to immediately deliver what Vince wants him to say without getting flustered or frustrated the way so many others do. Not a lot of people can do that, Tom Phillips is someone who can and that's why Vince loves the guy and Phillips found himself quickly promoted to being the lead commentator for Raw.

Jim Ross is, overall, probably the greatest of all time. He's just not currently the greatest in the game today.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    2 good matches. Not a fan of the Best Friends push.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Eventually they'll have every former WWE wrestler and non-wrestler. If I wanted to see all of them, I'd watch the Network instead.

Thread Information