Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The AEW Thread - A E Dub, A E Dub, A E Dub!!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    My point is how can you judge them without seeing, by far, their best work?

They don't have the most exciting characters, but I was thinking they're so good in the ring that you wouldn't care as much. But if you don't care for workrate, you probably won't like even their best work.
    Again, plenty of people are good in the ring. It doesn?t make them exciting. See most cruiserweights. Any professional wrestler can string moves together. But can they actually interest the audience while doing it? That?s what FTR hasn?t even come close to doing for me. You know who?s known for boring the crowd outside of the ring, but wrestles in a way that excites people? Cesaro. Guy is finally getting better on the mic, but has always put a flair in his ring work that?s made people want to watch his matches. FTR has no flair. They just do shit.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    All Out 2020
    Date: September 5, 2020
    Commentators: Tony Schiavone, Jim Ross, Excalibur

They’re back on pay per view and for once that’s a rather nice thing to see. AEW has a great history with the big shows and hopefully we continue the streak here. The main events are Chris Jericho vs. Orange Cassidy where you can win by throwing the other one in a vat of mimosa and Jon Moxley defending the World Title against MJF. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

The Undefeated

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Why is Jericho so content in having his own legacy shit upon? At least when Dusty was getting up there and in embarrassing matches, he was putting himself over in the Bunkhouse Stampede.

You know, I enjoyed Cassidy when he was a part of the Ant Colony, but this is just dumb. This would be akin to Santino Marella or Heath Slater beating prime Austin in back-to-back matches.
    Last edited by Fallout; 09-06-2020 at 06:12 AM.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    Why is Jericho so content in having his own legacy shit upon? At least when Dusty was getting up there and in embarrassing matches, he was putting himself over in the Bunkhouse Stampede.

You know, I enjoyed Cassidy when he was a part of the Ant Colony, but this is just dumb. This would be akin to Santino Marella or Heath Slater beating prime Austin in back-to-back matches.
    That?s some hyperbole. Jericho is not Austin and never has been. I don?t have a problem with Cassidy. Though this program should lead to more serious feuds, otherwise its a waste. Jericho has been Jobbing to anyone since he lost to Fandango at WM.

Oh and what a surprise FTR won. Can?t believe an average ex WWE team was pushed immediately.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    That?s some hyperbole. Jericho is not Austin and never has been. I don?t have a problem with Cassidy. Though this program should lead to more serious feuds, otherwise its a waste. Jericho has been Jobbing to anyone since he lost to Fandango at WM.

Oh and what a surprise FTR won. Can?t believe an average ex WWE team was pushed immediately.
    I'm not suggesting Jericho is on the same level as Austin, but he is AEW's biggest star, and to have him lose to a joke character back-to-back is just daft. I'm not a fan of Cassidy's character, but it's tolerable, so long as it doesn't go above the midcard. Hopefully this peters out eventualy.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Someone should tell JR to just stay home if he doesn't want to be there. Guy looks and sounds absolutely miserable every show and honestly takes something away from the broadcast. Never something I thought I would say about Jim Ross.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    I'm not suggesting Jericho is on the same level as Austin, but he is AEW's biggest star, and to have him lose to a joke character back-to-back is just daft. I'm not a fan of Cassidy's character, but it's tolerable, so long as it doesn't go above the midcard. Hopefully this peters out eventualy.
    I disagree. I think with proper booking (key) Cassidy could be main event. It?s not like it?s flooded with big guys.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
    Someone should tell JR to just stay home if he doesn't want to be there. Guy looks and sounds absolutely miserable every show and honestly takes something away from the broadcast. Never something I thought I would say about Jim Ross.
    I think it's unfair to say he looks miserable when he can't even smile because of his illnesses.

12. Likes OYDK liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Did anyone see what JR said during the women’s match? Stuff like that shouldn’t be tolerated. Imagine if this happened in any other sport or workplace.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    I think it's unfair to say he looks miserable when he can't even smile because of his illnesses.
    True actually, though I've certainly seen him look livelier before.

Thread Information