Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The AEW Thread - A E Dub, A E Dub, A E Dub!!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Jon Moxley hasn't yet lost the AEW Championship so he's already a better champion than Chris Jericho

2. Likes #AbsoluteUnit, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Greatest. of. all. time.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    You know what AEW? You're alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Batman needs to come to AEW. Apparently his sidekick has been lured in by the Dark Order.

I thought the highlight of last night's show was Jake Roberts appearing during Cody's promo segment. Jake Roberts did what he always did on the mic: he absolutely shined and showed that he can still do some of the best promo work you'll see. What he said, how he said it and the last bit about not turning your back on someone you respect or are afraid of, then turning his back on Cody to show he didn't and he isn't was just perfect. For the first time since watching AEW, I truly marked out.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Gotta agree. AEW seems to be really clicking now and I kinda regret cutting my cable in part because of that.

Just thoughts about decoding what Jake said about the Ides of March; that means March 15th, when Caesar was killed in Shakespeare's play. Next week's Dynamite falls in the 15th, taking place in Rochester. A rumoured signing comes from Rochester. You know what that means.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nope, March 15th isn't a Wednesday you idiot, you absolute bellend.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Eh, small liberties are being taken but I think you're on the money.

12. Likes smarkmouth liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thank you, I stand by the theory, just kicking myself for speaking in certain terms about the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    I thought the highlight of last night's show was Jake Roberts appearing during Cody's promo segment. Jake Roberts did what he always did on the mic: he absolutely shined and showed that he can still do some of the best promo work you'll see. What he said, how he said it and the last bit about not turning your back on someone you respect or are afraid of, then turning his back on Cody to show he didn't and he isn't was just perfect. For the first time since watching AEW, I truly marked out.
    I was a mix of excited and terrified when I saw Jake make his entrance to AEW. Jake has always been either on to the point where he's a promo-savant that could spark a violent revolution, or off to the point where I just want to hug him through the tv and go "shhhhh".

Jake is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. As far as I was concerned as a kid, he and Andre were the only wrestlers on the roster that I cared to see. Nobody was better than Jake on the mic though. The man could use his words to pacify and intimidate anybody, he would shock audiences silent with his words. To this day, I heed his quote of "If a man has enough power, he can speak softly and everyone will listen".

I wouldn't be gushing so much if Jake hadn't hit a grand slam with that promo.

I had grown tired of Cody long ago. His knobby knees and dork-ass smile had me in a state of mind where I thought it was a sham when he managed to cleanly defeat Ezekiel Jackson. AEW has done a good job of endearing Cody to me, but I still wasn't fully on board the Cody bandwagon. Cody had a damn good feud with MJF, and though I'm very impressed that it was used to put over MJF, I still wasn't on board.

I'm on board now. Mainly because in Jake's soul destroying rip on Cody, he promised that he's bringing someone in to be his client. Holy....fucking....SHIT! It could be anybody. Anybody? YES! ANY-FUCKING-BODY! Brodie Lee? That works. Ryback? You betcha'. Rusev? FUCKING ANYBODY!

Cody has proven that he's worthy to me, and Jake came at just the right time to put the screws to him and his newfound status as top-guy. I was a bit disappointed with the Dark Order exalted one reveal, but this angle with Cody has my FULL attention.

I thought that Jake's best days on the mic were behind us, but I was wrong. Jake saying "Never turn your back on a man you respect, or a man you're afraid of" before turning his back on Cody and tossing the mic to him from behind was absolute platinum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Thread Information