Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: The AEW Thread - A E Dub, A E Dub, A E Dub!!!!

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    Poor BSE, he's never heard of Google.
    meh it's not him.

AEW just debuts a shit ton of people, barely gives you information about them, and expects you to treat them as if they're main event talents. The casual fan is not gonna know who any of these people are that have never been on American TV, and it is the job of the company to educate them. The guy from DDT that spent some time here now is a prime example of this. I didn't give a shit about any of this stuff because all I knew is he's some up-and-coming guy in a Japanese Minor League (DDT is a minor league compared to NJPW). Why should I care about him and why is he wrestling all these top guys? I ended up missing out because AEW did not educate their audience as to why I should care about the guy, and as such I didn't give a shit about him.

You need your viewers to have a strong first impression. Your method of educating the viewers is to let their first impression be "who the fuck is this guy, let me ignore him and find out who he is" or "who the fuck is this guy, let me google him later but for now who cares." Both of those are a death knell to a talent.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    But they're from NJPW so instant 5 star classic!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's not 1999 anymore, if you see someone you don't know just simply google who they are or go on youtube and watch a match and promo that involves them. And don't say you don't have time to do that, because if you have time to complain about it on the internet then you have time to do that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's not 1999 anymore, if you see someone you don't know just simply google who they are or go on youtube and watch a match and promo that involves them. And don't say you don't have time to do that, because if you have time to complain about it on the internet then you have time to do that.
    You don't understand how busy some people are. By the time I work a full time job, spend time with family and friends, cook, clean, and take in other forms of entertainment (video games, Netflix, social media, etc), I barely have enough time to watch Dynamite. Besides I'm already spending 7 hours per week watching RAW, Smackdown, and Dynamite. I have no interest in adding Rampage, Dark, the numerous vlogs/podcasts, and a few promos/matches of all the new wrestlers appearing each week.

I tried to watch Rampage the other night. The first match was Interim World Champion, Jon Moxley vs Mance Warner. Mance Warner doesn't have a particularly impressive look. He didn't cut a memorable promo. The match was just ok. Why am I supposed to care? I'm sure Dave Meltzer and AEW fans think Mance Warner is the second coming of Jesus Christ and I'm an idiot for not watching his 5* classics where he kicked out of 3 finishers, lost a gallon of blood, and went through 6 tables in front of 79 people who haven't showered in 5 years. But to me, Mance Warner is just another guy. And if just another guy can have a competitive match with your world champion, it devalues the entire company.

AEW isn't for me and that's fine but stop blaming me for liking different things.

6. Likes #AbsoluteUnit, Storm Trooper liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You don't understand how busy some people are. By the time I work a full time job, spend time with family and friends, cook, clean, and take in other forms of entertainment (video games, Netflix, social media, etc), I barely have enough time to watch Dynamite. Besides I'm already spending 7 hours per week watching RAW, Smackdown, and Dynamite. I have no interest in adding Rampage, Dark, the numerous vlogs/podcasts, and a few promos/matches of all the new wrestlers appearing each week.

I tried to watch Rampage the other night. The first match was Interim World Champion, Jon Moxley vs Mance Warner. Mance Warner doesn't have a particularly impressive look. He didn't cut a memorable promo. The match was just ok. Why am I supposed to care? I'm sure Dave Meltzer and AEW fans think Mance Warner is the second coming of Jesus Christ and I'm an idiot for not watching his 5* classics where he kicked out of 3 finishers, lost a gallon of blood, and went through 6 tables in front of 79 people who haven't showered in 5 years. But to me, Mance Warner is just another guy. And if just another guy can have a competitive match with your world champion, it devalues the entire company.

AEW isn't for me and that's fine but stop blaming me for liking different things.
    With the time it took to read the replies and then write your post, you could have googled who Mance Warner is.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    With the time it took to read the replies and then write your post, you could have googled who Mance Warner is.
    But since AEW just acted as if we needed to already know who he is and had him wrestle a competitive match with the Worlds Champion, it doesn't matter because people are already turned off since it's some random no-name who never should have gotten a lick of offense against your best guy.

If you need to do research to figure out who the primary characters are on your TV show.... You have a shit TV show.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In the time you've made these 3 replies, you could've told me who Mance Warner is and why he should nearly beat Jon Moxley.

Imagine saying this about any other TV show. Like if The Office debuted 3 characters each week from a no-name sitcom that only a very small percentage of fans watch. And immediately gave these characters segments with Michael Scott without telling/showing us anything about them, while ignoring characters like Jim, Pam, Ryan, and Kelly.

10. Likes Storm Trooper liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If I'm giving a show my time and perhaps my money, don't expect me to do homework. If you can't explain who these people are or at least give me an overrun of them, that's on the show, not a fan.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Video packages would be helpful. Maybe cut a rambling House of Black or Miro promo to showcase these guys they bring in.

Alternatively, use the existing roster.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    If I'm giving a show my time and perhaps my money, don't expect me to do homework. If you can't explain who these people are or at least give me an overrun of them, that's on the show, not a fan.
    Worded perfectly KB.

Take Karrion Kross and the guy who debuted Monday as perfect examples.

WWE have grabbed the attention with these two, now we need some backstory.

It's one of the thing that took me out if an AEW PPV a while back. Moxley opened with a shoot style match against some NJPW guy. After that some other NJPW legend debuts and the fans go nuts. That moment meant nothing to me.

That PPV came after or around Punks debut so you have to imagine there will have been a lot of fresh eyes on the product.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information