Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The AEW Thread - A E Dub, A E Dub, A E Dub!!!!

Sponge Daddy

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by smarkmouth View Post
    I agree, but it's worth noting that Jericho challenged Jungle Boy, rather than Jack earning a shot. Same thing happened with Scorpio who also had a lacklustre singles record. Maybe that will be the story; Jericho padding up his record against those with weaker ones.
    We're so used to WWE botching storylines that we're not willing to let the stories play out. We assume they don't know what they're doing and they don't have a plan.

2. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    Sponge Daddy

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What does everyone think of AEW after the first 10 weeks of Dynamite?

It's been good, and as a hardcore fan, I'm going to watch pretty much every week. But have they done enough to draw in casuals? Is there anything specific they could do?

4. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skairipa View Post
    Are you really complaining about a heel champion who got to hand pick his opponent for what may or may not be a title match, picking a guy he thinks he can beat without breaking a sweat because he's 0-8? That logic makes perfect sense to me.
    I don't have a problem with Jericho choosing an easy opponent, as that's what a heel would do. I have a problem with a company that over-stresses win/loss records allowing such a transgression. It is beyond obvious now that wins and losses do not matter and AEW lies to its fans. If it mattered they would not allow Jungle Boy to get a title match.

Don't say one thing then do the opposite. Fans complain when WWE does it but people will gloss over AEW doing it.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cody has said on twitter its not a title match.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Spidey liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post

It's been good, and as a hardcore fan, I'm going to watch pretty much every week. But have they done enough to draw in casuals? Is there anything specific they could do?
    Not a thing. They've yet to leave one episode with a worthwhile hook. Ambrose and Jericho might do it, and MJF might be so good that people will pay to see him beat but that remains to be seen.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I honestly think its been pretty average television. Something's not right on commentary and they're trying hard to be WCW

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'll be completely honest, I think it's been ok thus far. Nothing AEW has done after 10 weeks has made me want to go ahead and turn my tv off. However, in the same time frame, nothing has lit anything on fire for me to me to continue for me to watch every week. I'm a wrestling fan, thus, if there's wrestling on my tv, I'll be watching it.

However, I'll be honest, I'm a big WWE fan. Make no mistake about it, if WWE produces a live tv that I am able to access it, I'll be right there. AEW does not do that for me. I did not say AEW sucks or has a shitty product, I'm saying AEW hasn't drawn me in as far as the WWE has. I'm not an AEW hater, I'm a wrestling fan in all, it's just nothing AEW has done has blown me away yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    Oh shit! #MrScissorsKick is going nuts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    I'm ok with Raw being 3 hours of Rhea Ripley.

Thread Information