Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The AEW Thread - A E Dub, A E Dub, A E Dub!!!!

The AEW Thread - A E Dub, A E Dub, A E Dub!!!!

Since NXT has its own thread and since not a lot of people are here watching it live, I figured this could be a little place of giving AEW its own little thread to talk about all things AEW, post reviews of shows, comment on recent happenings, etc.. After all, AEW is the new baby of the wrestling family and the baby needs a warm little place of its own.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes AnnaCWolff, smarkmouth liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Right now, Jungle Boy is 0-16.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dynamite
    Date: December 4, 2019
    Commentators: Jim Ross, Excalibur, Tony Schiavone

Last week’s show ended on a big moment with Jon Moxley seemingly setting himself up as the next challenger to Chris Jericho’s World Title. They had a big feud in WWE so doing the same thing over here would be fine enough. Hopefully they can bounce back from a slightly down week last time. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Everybody's Joining Cults

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm confused by AEW.

Records matter, but Jungle Boy Jack Perry is the #1 Contender. He is 0-8. can someone PLEASE explain to me how records can matter when you can earn a Worlds Championship match at 0-8?

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm confused by AEW.

Records matter, but Jungle Boy Jack Perry is the #1 Contender. He is 0-8. can someone PLEASE explain to me how records can matter when you can earn a Worlds Championship match at 0-8?
    I agree, but it's worth noting that Jericho challenged Jungle Boy, rather than Jack earning a shot. Same thing happened with Scorpio who also had a lacklustre singles record. Maybe that will be the story; Jericho padding up his record against those with weaker ones.

8. Likes Spidey, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Oh, um, it's also not a title match apparently.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Turns out win-loss records on weekly shows don't work.

Who knew.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    But I do like stats.

14. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by smarkmouth View Post
    I agree, but it's worth noting that Jericho challenged Jungle Boy, rather than Jack earning a shot. Same thing happened with Scorpio who also had a lacklustre singles record. Maybe that will be the story; Jericho padding up his record against those with weaker ones.
    Regardless, the governing body of the company should not allow inferior challengers. Plus if you're gonna have a ranking taking people from the bottom and letting them wrestle for the championship is ridiculous. If Conor McGregor challenged CM Punk to a UFC Title fight, the UFC will not allow it because it's stupid. Now that Bray Wyatt is challenging the challengers on Fridays, AEW is copying them. The very company they try and disparage every chance they get.

Quote Originally Posted by smarkmouth View Post
    Oh, um, it's also not a title match apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by AEW websites recap of the event
    Le Champion, the AEW World Champ, Chris Jericho, with â??Big Hurtâ? Jake Hager by his side, entered the ring to get some things off his chest.Jericho said he sold 12,000 bottles of â??A Little Bit of the Bubblyâ? in one week (available at LittleBitofTheBubbly.com). Le Champion said AEW is forcing him to have one more title defense this year. He pulled out a list of wrestlers he is refusing to compete against. Jericho read off a series of names from â??The Lexicon of Le Champion.â?

Jurassic Express made their way down to the ring. Jericho asked Jungle Boy if he thought he had what it takes to beat him, and said he thought Jungle Boy â??was a piece of sâ??t!â? Jericho said Jungle Boy couldnâ??t last 10 minutes with him. Jungle Boy responded, â??I know I can last 10 minutes with you, and Iâ??m gonna kick your ass!â? Jungle Boy slapped Jericho.

The match was set for AEW DYNAMITE on December 18th!
    It's a title match. Besides, a world renowned wrestling journalist has already reported the 3 title matches happening on 12/18. His word is gospel around here so it's happening.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Regardless, the governing body of the company should not allow inferior challengers. Plus if you're gonna have a ranking taking people from the bottom and letting them wrestle for the championship is ridiculous. If Conor McGregor challenged CM Punk to a UFC Title fight, the UFC will not allow it because it's stupid. Now that Bray Wyatt is challenging the challengers on Fridays, AEW is copying them. The very company they try and disparage every chance they get.

It's a title match. Besides, a world renowned wrestling journalist has already reported the 3 title matches happening on 12/18. His word is gospel around here so it's happening.
    Are you really complaining about a heel champion who got to hand pick his opponent for what may or may not be a title match, picking a guy he thinks he can beat without breaking a sweat because he's 0-8? That logic makes perfect sense to me.

Thread Information