Thread: Rey Mysterio close to signing long term deal.

Senior Member TheManTheyCalledNorCal's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rey Mysterio close to signing long term deal.

On the heels of a Mania match between him and cena being discussed, its being reported by Sports Illustrated that Mysterio is on the verge of signing a legit long term deal with the WWE....After negotiations were taken over exclusively by Triple H.

Personally I'd love to see Rey be the backbone player coach down in nxt but that has next to zero chance of happening....So how would YOU like Reys run to go?

Gimmie some Rey Vs AJ Styles please and thanks.

If Rey does come back, you know it's going to have to be for a lot of money and a part time schedule. I could see Rey working most TV tapings and ppvs, but no house shows. As a result, he'd probably be working a total of about 5 days out of the month. Plus, I'd say WWE would have to be open to allowing him to do things outside of wrestling, which I think he's into doing right now.

Rey is someone who can be of use, especially helping to elevate younger guys on the roster, if he can stay healthy. His knees are pretty much shot but even though he may be at Raw or SmackDown each week, that doesn't mean that he has to wrestle each week. I mean, if Rey's knees are so bad that he's not able to handle 2 or 3, at most, matches a month, then I think that lowers the guy's value. After all, Rey has never really been a good promo guy in any way, shape or form but I think he could do better if, when he does speak, said segments are kept to maybe 5 minutes or so.
    Last edited by Jack-Hammer; 03-01-2018 at 05:54 PM.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rey is someone who can always come back and showcase his skills to a new generation. It's always cool to see someone that small be more than capable of hanging with the big guys. However, it also makes you wonder why the cruiserweights have their own show. If Mysterio doesn't go after the Cruiserweight Title (which is beneath him), it makes 205 Live look like a bigger waste of time every day. If Mysterio can hang with Cena, Reigns and other big names, why can't Cedric Alexander or Roderick Strong?

But yeah, of course having Mysterio back would be good. He's still a valuable name and can hang with anyone on the roster. Let him come in, put some people over and make some money for everyone. It's a good idea.

Thread Information