Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And I left Brock on the bench, oversight of the year.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Jeff!
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The hell is Bayley supposed to be now?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Shayna has an air of legitimacy bout her character that not even Ronda had.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd give this show a D+. The wrestling was much better than that, but the booking was very confusing at best.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconBits View Post
    Shayna has an air of legitimacy bout her character that not even Ronda had.
    It doesn't hurt that Baszler hasn't been "mainstreamed' the way Rousey was. During her MMA career, Rousey got as much attention, if not more attention, for her appearance as her abilities as a fighter. Rousey and her people further cultivated the "hot chick who can fight" image, not including posing in barely there or mostly see through swimwear for Sports Illustrated or swimwear that was body paint.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Survivor Series Kickoff Show:
    1. Battle Royal: (5.0) - It was a space filler really. It had nearly every team on the roster, except the AOP, in a battle royal for the trophy Gallows & Anderson won in Saudi Arabia with Roode and Ziggler of all teams winning it.
    2. Lio Rush vs. Akira Tozowa vs. Kalisto: (7.0) - Pretty good effort here and the fans were getting into it by the time it was over. Basically, it was your typical 205 Live match with more a bit more crowd interest with Rush winning and giving NXT its first win of the night.
    3. New Day vs. the Viking Raiders vs. the Undisputed Era: (8.0) - Strong effort from all three teams. Everyone had a chance to shine and this was one of the few real chances we've had to see what the Raiders can really do in matches. Their win here, pinning the UE, gave Raw its one and only victory of the night.

Survivor Series Main Card:
    1. Women's Survivor Series Tag Team Match: (8.0) - An entertaining outing from the women overall. I do wish Io Shirai and Candice LaRae, Shirai especially, had gotten more of a chance to show off what they can do but Ripley was designed to be the showcase here and I can't really complain much about that as the girl has knocked it out of the park every time she's been up to bat since coming to NXT. The booking of the egos over on Raw getting in the way, namely with Asuka spewing the green mist in Charlotte's eyes before walking out, made some sense and was also done to protect Charlotte. Of course, Asuka leaving on her own while Io & Candice were taking back for a medical check up is the hiccup in the logic of the story here as Asuka seemed to have been eliminated. Maybe it was because Asuka walked out voluntarily while io & Candice were medically cleared? Little explanations like that can go a long way and is a good example of the details that Raw and SmackDown just don't pay enough attention to. Ripley going over Sasha was very well received by the crowd, it was obvious the crowd was very pro NXT all night, but, as with Charlotte, Vince felt it necessary to protect Sasha.
    2. AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Roderick Strong: (8.0) - Really good effort from all three of WWE's mid-card champions. The new IC title looks fantastic, btw, and I was pleasantly surprised to see Strong get the win here. I just didn't expect Strong to go over here and the way he did it was somewhat reminiscent of his recent triple threat win over Keith Lee and Dijakovic in that he kinda snuck in at the end. Styles his Nakamura with the springboard flying forearm, Strong comes out of nowhere and dumps Styles outside, makes the cover and gets the win. NXT is up 3 matches after this, which saw them get better treatment than I expected and the best that either Raw or SmackDown could do was to tie them as there weren't enough brand vs. brand vs. brand matches for NXT to lose the lead.
    3. NXT Championship: Adam Cole vs. Pete Dunne: (9.0) - Basically, WWE gave Cole and Dunne 15 minutes, told them to go out there and kill it and that's what they did. They delivered a show stealing performance that featured great, physical action, believable near falls and just two guys looking to outdo each other. I didn't really expect Dunne to win, but he came believably close several times.
    4. WWE Universal Championship: "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan: (7.5) - This was a pretty good match that considering how good the previous three matches had been, and how hot the crowd was for them, it was better than I was expecting. Nobody believed Bryan would win this match, so the key to it working at all was for Bryan to help not only make Wyatt look like a beast but to look good in defeat by giving out a valiant effort, which is exactly what happened. Even though everyone knew Bryan wasn't winning, the live crowd was very much behind him and into the match, really giving an indicator just how much fans really do love this guy. The match didn't try to overstay its welcome, there was good action, good storytelling, the crowd was digging everything despite knowing the outcome before the bell even rang, Wyatt retained and Bryan went out on his shield. Couldn't ask or realistically expect more.
    5. Men's Survivor Series Tag Team Match: (8.5) - I felt this match was a bit better than the women's match. The action was pretty wild at times, which is what you'd expect, and NXT was given some real chances to shine, such as having Matt Riddle eliminating Randy Orton or Walter going toe to toe with Braun Strowman and coming out ahead. I would've liked seeing Walter stick around longer rather than being the first one out but it wasn't the end of the world. Ricochet and Chad Gable, lick my crack Vince because I ain't callin' him the awful name you picked for him, worked extremely well together, putting on a fast paced, athletic clash that made me wanna see these two lock horns sometime. Rollins looks to be slowly making his way towards a heel turn, Chicago was booing the crap out of him but, as you'd expect, it is CM Punk's hometown. Ultimately, egos would get in the way of the blue brand with Corbin and Reigns butting heads due to Corbin trying to run things. Corbin is eliminated due to Reigns, which pleased me to no end as the further we got into things, the more I was worried Corbin might be the lone survivor of his team. It ultimately came down to Roman Reigns and Keith Lee and the two powerhouses did a good job of making it seem like Lee had a shot. Reigns goes for the spear only to be intercepted by Lee who picks him up and delivers a helluva Spirit Bomb, which is basically a slight variation of the Last Ride, for a great near fall. Ultimately, Lee misses a moonsault attempt, Reigns hits the spear and gets the win. I could've done without the fist bump between Reigns and Lee at the end but I'm not all that surprised as Vince is said to be a big fan of Lee. The score after this is: Raw: 1 SmackDown: 2 NXT: 3
    6. WWE Championship: Brock Lesnar vs. Rey Mysterio: (7.5) - This match was basically what I figured it'd be with Lesnar dominating Rey, Rey's som Dominic coming down and trying to help, eventually getting involved to help his father, the two of them beating up on Lesnar a bit, Lesnar rallying against their assault and ultimately nearly F-5ing Mysterio through the mat. The live crowd at this up and Dominic's interference and the now DQ stipulation as the only way this match had any chance of working out as nobody believed Mysterio a threat to Lesnar for a solitary second.
    7. Becky Lynch vs. Bayley vs. Shayna Baszler: (7.0) - This was the weakest match on the main card and an odd choice for the main event. I'm all for the women getting shots in the main event position but this wasn't the match or the event in which it should happen even if they were the ones featured on the poster. The rah rah I am Woman, hear me roar stuff needs to be dialed back just a little. The women tried and delivered a decent outing but this match just didn't have the sort of physicality of the other matches and the crowd was also pretty gassed from the other really hot matches before this. The sense of urgency wasn't really there for this match but the women did put forth a good effort that the fans were responding to by the last 5 or 6 minutes of the match, so that says that they appreciated the effort. As with the men's mid-card title match, I was surprised that they had an NXT star go over here, and that probably did help my overall takeaway from the match, as Baszler locked Bayley into her finisher, after taking out Becky with a modified, but really weak, powerbomb onto one of the announce tables, forcing Bayley to tap at the 18 minute mark. As Shayna celebrates standing atop the tables, particularlyt he one Becky is lying on the floor next to, Becky gets up, takes Shayna's legs out from under her, delivers a leg drop from the barricade and puts her through the table. The final score: NXT 4 SmackDown: 2 Raw:1

[B]Overall: 8.0 - Survivor Series was a really fun show due in part to the overall wrestling quality and the fact that Vince wasn't afraid to let NXT shine for the night by ultimately stealing the show in terms of victories and putting on much of the best performances of the night. Given that NXT is now on television in its own right, the smart thing to do here was to not portray the black & gold brand as a bunch of scrubs from WWE's "minor leagues" as it would've undone all the momentum of the build for Survivor Series and would've sent TV viewers the message that yes, NXT is a show filled with inferior wrestlers who don't have what it takes ot be on Raw or SmackDown. NXT ultimately won 4 out of the 7 brand vs. brand vs. brand matches on the show and I'm glad they also didn't just flat out give them a clean sweep; they made NXT look strong last night but there's no need to go overboard and shamelessly pander.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What a boring ass main event. Bet they'll think twice about ending a PPV with Becky again.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Survivor Series 2019
    Date: November 24, 2019
    Commentators: Michael Cole, Corey Graves, Vic Joseph, Jerry Lawler, Nigel McGuinness, Beth Phoenix

We have finally arrived. After several weeks of Raw, Smackdown and NXT invading each others’ shows, it is time to see which show is best and that could be interesting. Raw has won the competition three years in a row, though this is NXT’s first time being included. The card looks good, albeit huge. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

They Really Did That

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information