Thread: Star Wars Prequels (Not Bad At All)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Star Wars Prequels (Not Bad At All)

When I was a kid I loved the Star Wars Prequels. Truth be told, the very first Star Wars movie I ever watched to completion was Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. I was 10 When I watched that film for the first time and I loved it. I imagine what that did to me the original Star Wars film did for kids in 1977. After watching Episode 1, I was a fan of Star Wars, but I wasn't hooked quite yet. I didn't go around trying to actively find every piece of Star Wars media I could until sometime later. It was after Episode 2: Attack of the Clones, in fact, when I became hooked on the lore of Star Wars. It was after watching that film in theatres in 2002 that I went back and watched the originals for the first time. That I started reading the novels and comics. Playing the video games. Expanding my knowledge of the galaxy far far away. I remember going to school the Monday after Attack of the Clones came out and all of my friends and I spent the entire day talking about nothing but Star Wars. We loved it. Especially the Yoda scene at the end. We finally knew why Yoda was so revered by the other Jedi. Mace Windu quickly became my favorite character from the whole franchise. He was a great character. Cut to 2005 and I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. Remember, I'm from rural KY so even in 05 I didn't have access to high speed internet services yet. Only a select few of my friends did. When I finally seen Episode 3, it didn't disappoint. It was fantastic. The action was amazing and that epic duel between Anakin and Obi Wan was worth the wait. I loved it. It quickly became my favorite of the Prequels. It made me love Star Wars even more than I already did.

Cut to about 2 years after Revenge of the Sith and I have consistent access to high speed internet. Where I can get on chat sites and forums and talk with other fans of the same things that I love and what did those chat sites and forums tell me? That the prequels were garbage. That they were horrible. That it wasn't Star Wars. It was like the internet was trying to turn me to the dark side of the fandom. Were the prequels perfect? No, but neither were the original films. For every issue that one can find with the prequels, I can find in the original trilogy. It is my contention that the Prequel Trilogy is even better than the original. It had much better action scenes, graphics, acting, and world building. It pieced together the fall of Anakin Skywalker and why Luke was ultimately able to redeem him. It explained how the Jedi became extinct and how Palpetine became the Emperor. If someone has a differing opinion, feel free to convey to me the reasons why the Prequels were not up to par. The Prequel trilogy made me a Star Wars fans and those movies were not bad at all.
    Last edited by SSJPhenom; 11-25-2019 at 11:12 AM.

2. Likes Fallout liked this post

Thread Information