Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mauro Ranallo to miss this week's NXT

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
    Yeesh. Just have a conversation. Why are you walking out on your job because of a tweet that wasn't even aggressive? Corey's not in the wrong. He might be a douchebag that loves to shout his opinion on absolutely everything, but that's part of his gimmick. The WWE bubble clearly isn't the most healthy environment for Ranallo so maybe he should just take a leave or something.
    Mental illnesses aren't rational. Something that me or you would brush off could seriously affect someone with mental health problems. Instead of insinuating that Mauro is weak-minded, we should show love and support.

Not saying Mauro or anyone else is above criticism, but that obviously shouldn't be done publicly. It's very unprofessional.

2. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    For the record, I don't approve either of people saying Mauro was weak or irrational to feel hurt, I just dislike how people are assuming Graves is acting from a position of malice, and if anything, the response to Graves may have done more harm to Mauro than good.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

4. Likes smarkmouth liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Mental illnesses aren't rational. Something that me or you would brush off could seriously affect someone with mental health problems. Instead of insinuating that Mauro is weak-minded, we should show love and support.

Not saying Mauro or anyone else is above criticism, but that obviously shouldn't be done publicly. It's very unprofessional.
    You're assuming I don't have mental health issues? I don't want to get into it, but I'll just say there have been periods over the years where I have been damn near rock bottom and struggled to get out of bed in the morning. Doesn't matter. The world won't coddle you. If one of Mauro's triggers is criticism of any kind, than the wrestling business isn't for him. He should get out while he still has his sanity.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If you want insight into Mauro Ranello's mental health issues, check this out. It was fucking good.

7. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeesh. Just have a conversation. Why are you walking out on your job because of a tweet that wasn't even aggressive? Corey's not in the wrong. He might be a douchebag that loves to shout his opinion on absolutely everything, but that's part of his gimmick. The WWE bubble clearly isn't the most healthy environment for Ranallo so maybe he should just take a leave or something.
    So he should stop doing what he loves to do because Graves can't think before he hits enter? Big deal or No Corey is 100% in the wrong.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milenko View Post
    So he should stop doing what he loves to do because Graves can't think before he hits enter? Big deal or No Corey is 100% in the wrong.
    No he isnâ??t. I know we love to defend the guy who got his feelings hurt, but if youâ??re skipping work because of a tweet that wasnâ??t even that bad, than thatâ??s on you. Like I said, the world isnâ??t going to coddle Mauro Ranallo because heâ??s bipolar, and it shouldnâ??t have to. Thatâ??s just reality. If the environment is too stressful, then yes he should stop doing it. For his own health.

Coreyâ??s not wrong because Mauro canâ??t take criticism.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No he isn’t. I know we love to defend the guy who got his feelings hurt, but if you’re skipping work because of a tweet that wasn’t even that bad, than that’s on you. Like I said, the world isn’t going to coddle Mauro Ranallo because he’s bipolar, and it shouldn’t have to. That’s just reality. If the environment is too stressful, then yes he should stop doing it. For his own health.

Corey’s not wrong because Mauro can’t take criticism.
    Corey is wrong because he publicly criticized a coworker on social media. Mauro's reaction is irrelevant.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Corey is wrong because he publicly criticized a coworker on social media. Mauro's reaction is irrelevant.
    I think Graves has the right to give his opinion on his co-worker whether he's supporting or criticizing. But I'll give you your first point. Using social media and inviting the twitter dweebs into the conversation was stupid. But Mauro's reaction is not irrelevant in the slightest. The whole point of this thread is about Mauro and his reason for missing NXT. Ranallo works in one of the most high-pressure environments in the world, and he's going to face criticism from fans, legends, and yeah, co-workers alike. Not everybody is going to like him. What it all comes down to in regards to Mauro is that he missed a show because of a very minor criticism. Earlier, he took a leave because JBL's a dickhead and a bully. Which shows me WWE may not be the right environment for somebody with his issues. I mean, is that not true or?

I'd love it if we lived in a world where everyone was kind and happy and peaceful, but that's not reality. And the reality is that Mauro will have to deal with these types of things constantly in the WWE. And if that triggers him, than he'd be better off getting out.

Thread Information