Thread: Just Had A 5 min Conversation With Jim Cornette On the Phone

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just Had A 5 min Conversation With Jim Cornette On the Phone

My life is now complete. I just spoke with Jim Cornette on the phone for about 5 min. He even video chatted with me for a sec so I know it was him. Here's the story:

My brother, who still lives in KY, went to Paul Miller Ford in Lexington KY to pick up his new vehicle. While he was waiting, he looked over and saw a man reading an Owen Hart book. He said he thought it was Jim Cornette but he hadn't seen him in years on tv or anything so he wasn't sure. So he looked at him for about 5 min before he finally worked up the courage to go ask him. Sure enough it was Jim Cornette. My brother told Jim about how we grew up wrestling fans and how I was a bigger fan than he was but he was still a huge fan and took a picture with him and shook his hand. He said Jim was very very nice. Anyways, as they're walking away from each other, my brother calls me to tell me what just happened and sure enough I was marking out. Anyways, about 1 min into the conversation with my brother I hear someone in the background go, "Is that your brother who's a huge wrestling fan that you're talking to?". My brother says, "Yes.". Cornette says, "I'd like to say hello." My brother tells me, "Hold on." A few seconds later I hear Cornette go, "What's his name?" My brother goes, "Ryan". Finally, Jim Cornette get's on the phone, "Ryan, this is Jim Cornette. How are ya?". I'm pissing my pants at this point. I say, "I'm great. How are you?". He says, "I'm fine. Was just talking to your brother here and I understand that you're a huge wrestling fan." I say, "I am." He said, "Now you're not one of those that started watching after 2000 and vaguely know who I am are you?" I said, "No, I started watching in 1994. That year's Royal Rumble was my very first PPV that I watched ever. As a matter of fact, that was the night that the Undertaker became my favorite wrestler ever because of what You, Mr. Fuji, and Yokozuna did to him." Cornette goes, "Damn, you are a wrestling fan. Those were fun times back then." I said, "I have to ask; do you have a tennis racket with you?" He said, "No, I only carry that to the ring." I asked, "What do you think is wrong with the WWE right now?" Without stopping to think or missing a beat he said, "That everything's scripted. Characters worked so well back in the 80s, 90s, and early 00s because there was an element of legitimacy to them. Now, everything that they do is approved and gone over by about 15 different people and it's just so generic." He then proceeded to go on about a 3 min diatribe about the woes of today's wrestling business.

It was one of the greatest moments of my life so far and I will remember that conversation for as long as I live. It was awesome.

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I heard Jim Cornette is so tough that he could strap a bucket of fried chicken on his back and ride a motor scooter across Ethiopia.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That is cool as fuck.

4. Likes Yaz, SSJPhenom liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dang I live about 15 minutes from Paul Miller Ford. Drive past it every time I go to the other side of town.

6. Likes SSJPhenom liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Dang I live about 15 minutes from Paul Miller Ford. Drive past it every time I go to the other side of town.
    I was thinking about you when I was posting this thread. I remembered you live in Lexington KY. I still don't know what he was there for. Idk if Cornette lives in Lexington or what but he was there.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nah he lives just outside of Louisville. It's only about an hour's drive so maybe he was visiting someone.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I once saw Jim Cornette live

Thread Information